It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you put in your hip flask or wine skin?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Scotch Whiskey? That seems pretty traditional as a disaster flask.

What about Rum? The high seas wouldn't have been so high in the past if it wasn't for the demon rum.

Those two will take the chill off in most cases.

What about Old Krupnik? Thats a pretty popular flask around here for winter camping/hiking, hunting and fishing in cold wet weather.

I asked the guy at the liquor store if wine needed to be refrigerated after it was opened and he told me that only sherry, doesn't need to be refrigerated. Something like Harvey's Bristol Cream

I love that stuff in cooking and as a desert shot or aperitif shot. I would put that in the wine skin simply because it will keep without refrigeration.

So you are huddled in a cold wet old wooden shed, and someone is going to try to get the arrow out of your leg, what are you gonna want to take a swig of?
What's your favorite? It needn't be an alcoholic drink it can be any sort of drink that you would want to offer to someone on the road, if they offered you a cigarette and you were going to be walking together for a while.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Whiskey for sure. And maybe some moon shine.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

I see it as a matter of alcohol content. I prefer something that can clean wounds, calm nerves, and also - is flammable. Something 151 proof +

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Plain water, and lots of it. H2O for me, just like every other life form alive. I do like a well-made margarita at a good Mexican restaurant though so, tempted.....but nah, just water in the hip flask.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Absinthe. Elixir of life and all its precious beauty.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Plain water, and lots of it. H2O for me, just like every other life form alive. I do like a well-made margarita at a good Mexican restaurant though so, tempted.....but nah, just water in the hip flask.

You don't think it is a good idea to have some for social bonding in a disaster?

Liquid courage?

Maybe something to give someone who is dying to just ease their suffering a bit?

Prelude to panic sex? Set the mood?

Something to offer the gang leader so they will give you back your wife? A trade perhaps?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.

Is there really an alternative?
edit on 4/15/12 by soulshn because: wow

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
Absinthe. Elixir of life and all its precious beauty.

Do you use an absinthe spoon and drip water melted from a glacier ice cube, one drop at a time through a sugar cube into the glass?

en.wikipedia.org...

Or just chug it right out of the bottle?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn

Appalachia isn't the center of the universe FYI

Moonshine is my choice

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Tequila or Gin would do a good job of knocking me out and after that whiskey.Vodka seems like the best bet for me...if i couldn't get orange juice or cranberry.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I would fill mine up with Yukon Jack. It's got bite, warms you up, calms your nerves and probably has enough alcohol (100 proof) to kill most bacteria and little nasties.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sakokrap

I see it as a matter of alcohol content. I prefer something that can clean wounds, calm nerves, and also - is flammable. Something 151 proof +

151 + ?

That could remove paint. Aren't you afraid of going blind? Spontaneous combustion?

I suppose if you diluted it, then it would last a long time. I get high on non-alcohol beer so I would probably fall down if I drank that. Even a bit would make my head dizzy.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by soulshn

Appalachia isn't the center of the universe FYI

Moonshine is my choice

I have heard of people going blind from moonshine. There must be a safety test like flammability?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Ha!

Well played.

Originally posted by Rocketman7
I have heard of people going blind from moonshine. There must be a safety test like flammability?

You'll only go blind if it was made in an old car radiator (lead) which is only the cheapest of 'shine. Regarding the flammability; if it won't burn its way too weak.
edit on 4/15/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I would fill mine up with Yukon Jack. It's got bite, warms you up, calms your nerves and probably has enough alcohol (100 proof) to kill most bacteria and little nasties.

Yeah to get the poison out of your system. That is what we used to say when we took a belt of Yukon Jack, or Jack Daniels. Even Southern Comfort is good if you just sip it. It is quite sweet.

Some people like Scotch but I think it tastes like crap. But then maybe it is supposed to so you will savor it and not just drink it all at once.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Tequila or Gin would do a good job of knocking me out and after that whiskey.Vodka seems like the best bet for me...if i couldn't get orange juice or cranberry.

Even if you had some orange juice.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I prefer without sugars. Lightly mixed with water, yes. The less the water the warmer the soul.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Brandy. It has many uses and benefits, from toothache to blood pressure ( Brandy reduces anxiety and causes a slight reduction in blood pressure) it aids in stomach pain, chills and shivers, chest congestion, aids in the recovery from loss of strength and energy after high fever.

there are probably allot more uses, but id go with Brandy for sure.

Whateva

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

I prefer without sugars. Lightly mixed with water, yes. The less the water the warmer the soul.

I'm going to have to try it. I read it has some psychoactive properties. It might be good as a cough medicine.

~The Green Fairy~

This is your brain, this is your brain on the green fairy...
upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

Brandy. It has many uses and benefits, from toothache to blood pressure ( Brandy reduces anxiety and causes a slight reduction in blood pressure) it aids in stomach pain, chills and shivers, chest congestion, aids in the recovery from loss of strength and energy after high fever.

there are probably allot more uses, but id go with Brandy for sure.

Whateva

Sounds good. I like brandy. I didn't know it had so many benefits though. Thats what I am looking for, something that will come in handy and do the trick. I don't want to be drunk in the middle of the street with my pants down, I just want to take a sip of something good and offer it to someone to you know, help to cheer us up or warm us up, or give us strength. Camaraderie even in the burned out basement.
It really does help with morale in a crisis if its just a sip or a shot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join