It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"EPA knew MONSANTO caused Colony Collapse Disorder in bee populations" UN Global Bee Crisis 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Studies show how pesticides make bees lose their way

It starts off with:

Scientists have discovered ways in which even low doses of widely used pesticides can harm bumblebees and honeybees, interfering with their homing abilities and making them lose their way.

In two studies published in the journal Science on Thursday, British and French researchers looked at bees and neonicotinoid insecticides - a class introduced in the 1990s now among the most commonly used crop pesticides in the world.

In recent years, bee populations have been dropping rapidly, partly due to a phenomenon known as Colony Collapse Disorder. Scientists also fear pesticides are destroying bee populations, but it is not clear how they are causing damage.
The usual comparison between affected bees and control group bees resulted in the following:

The treated bees were about two to three times more likely to die while away from their nests, and the researchers said this was probably because the pesticide interfered with the bees' homing systems, so they couldn't find their way home.

Henry said the findings raised important issues about pesticide authorization procedures.

"So far, they (the procedures) mostly require manufacturers to ensure that doses encountered on the field do not kill bees, but they basically ignore the consequences of doses that do not kill them but may cause behavioral difficulties," he said in a statement.
And I have recently learned that the #1 cause of *natural* death in bees is...exhaustion!

So this is significant.

The bees are getting only enough pesticide (they think!) to kill the pests but leave the bees alive. But with damaged navigational abilities, already tired, they lose their way home and die soon after.

That makes me ill. Literally.

I think that the lawsuit idea might be something to consider. After all...it is still WE the people and the bees are rightfully all of our collective responsibility to take care of in accordance with nature in order for them to thrive...and for us to thrive...it's our right as American citizens to ask that the bees be taken care of yet allowed to do their OWN thing for us...their way. Not ours. It doesn't matter if we don't have power or pull in local government...we are still accountable for how we treat or mistreat other living creatures. It is not valid to say it is because we didn't have any influence on our so-called leaders...the truth is that if we don't have any influence it is because we refuse to speak louder than a whisper here and there. How can we be heard if we don't even speak?

It isn't like no one is aware of what is going on...at the very least it is gross negligence and excessive hubris that we have poisoned more than one part of the global life chain in our attempts to 'subdue' the animal and plant kingdoms through exploitation due to our fearing the loss of our existence as the human race. Subsequently going a lot farther toward being the cause of our own mass-extinction than than at the hand of any other thing. That is, we have manifested and become our own worst fear.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I only glanced at first page, and didn't see anyone pick up on Bayer's involvement.

Bayer is a company that was found guilty of releasing KNOWN AIDs infected medicine to france, south america etc to hemophiliacs (children mostly).

Not one Bayer CEO spent a day in jail, either!

S&F, this bee issue is getting dirtier and dirtier every time i smell it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
People completely underestimate the impact of bees dying. Without them, our crops don't get germinated, we won't have food!!!

The sad part is, the EPA knew about it but was too powerless to do anything. That once again shows how bought politicians are!!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

What was that Einstein said? Or rather, that he is quoted as saying?
Here is a page that elaborates.

ALSO...the fact that many beekeepers deprive the bees of their rightful earnings...that is, their own share of the honey they make from their efforts and harvesting...and substitute sugar water instead is something so heinous in my opinion that I can't even find a word to fit what I think about that...it is far worse than ROBBERY...it's more personal than exploitation. And it weakens the bee's health especially in the immune system...it can't help their constant battle against exhaustion, for sure! How evil is that? I mean...I'm not one to go around calling 'evil' here and there...not usually...but imo, that IS the epitome of evil.

--------

ROME

Bees love honey
Man loves money
Goddess Earth
Gave man birth
And a home
Man built Rome
With the thought
He owned the plot
But man's a fool
Still in school
He must learn
Rome will burn

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

No, they want to kill all bees so they can sell their GMO bees to countries worldwide because there will be no other instect capable of pollinating crops.

Umbrella all the way, even the name hints at it.

(call me paranoid all you want, i still believe pretty much everything in media has a meaning and is released with a purpose NEXT to just monetary profit)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
yikes so the honey industry hurts the bee population too?

i would have thought bee farming for honey increases the bee population.

will have to look into that. i like honey on my biscuits and pancakes/waffles, and it helps keep me hypo-allergic to most pollens, and helps sooth sore throats with ginger tea & lemon, esp during cold/flu

but if the honey industry has hurt bee populations instead of supported/increased it, i guess i can switch to maple syrup in place of honey

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Looks like some further studies have linked Glyphosate to bee deaths!

common weed killer linked to bee colony collapse

Monsanto and their monopoly on the agricultural industry !

they must be stopped

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join