It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"EPA knew MONSANTO caused Colony Collapse Disorder in bee populations" UN Global Bee Crisis 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by BiggerPicture

BiggerPicture,

Actually, what I'm saying is that neither the EPA or UN reports say that Monsanto is the culprit. They don't even know what the culprit is. While the headline may have been accurately copied from the article, the statements presented don't support it.

Charles1952

I'm going to have to agree with you here.
I am by no means a fan of Monsanto. But my first thought after reading this was
"I don't see anything in here that says the EPA knew Monsanto caused colony collapse"

At best the headline is sensationalizing. At worst flat out lying.

Not blaming the OP but the author of the original article.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

WOW!

As a person who has started a thread and contributed to those threads in regards to MONSANTO and the 'Colony Collapse Disorder' in bee populations.... this news is not surprising, but vindicating.

I keep trying to tell myself.... 'nah, it wasn't intentional... it was just coincidence that they would profit off of this', but holding any truth to such a notion is becoming increasingly difficult.

It's going to be interesting to see where it goes from here. I personally could care less about any 'punishment' or 'justice', for the cosmos has a funny way of taking care of this. I just want to see solutions, and if that means eliminating many of the products that Monsanto provides... I'm all for it. We need a healthy ecosystem that is conducive to a thriving environment for future generations, and myself.

I say... screw it, back to organic... and if we can continue to breed through 'natural' means, we should do that instead of trying to engineer everything under a microscope.
Dude.... Organic SHOULD be the ONLY means to eat. These people are trying to play God with nature, and im sure nature is pretty *Snipped* right now. Monsanto is an abomination to the world, an abomination that must be destroyed at all costs before it destroys the planet. Pretty soon nothing will be edible and healthy. Because these bastards are copyrighting food that nature created in the first place. And now they are making it illegal to GROW your own food.

That alone should say something.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
The OP headline is directly from the referenced article title as above:

"EPA knew MONSANTO pesticide caused CCD in bee populations"

www.occupylv.org...

A leaked document from January of 2011 demonstrates that the US Environmental Protection Agency knew about the pesticide’s dangers, but ignored them

edit on 15-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

That doesnt say they knew it caused "CCD", they say they know pesticides kill bees. The link SPECIFICALLY says they dont know what causes CCD.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

The OP headline is directly from the referenced article title as above:

"EPA knew MONSANTO pesticide caused CCD in bee populations"

www.occupylv.org...

A leaked document from January of 2011 demonstrates that the US Environmental Protection Agency knew about the pesticide’s dangers, but ignored them

edit on 15-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

That doesnt say they knew it caused "CCD", they say they know pesticides kill bees. The link SPECIFICALLY says they dont know what causes CCD.

Okay, they are alleging that Monsanto knew - and come on: who doubts that? They know what they're doing every step they take. I'll be okay with simply assuming so this time.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Vote for Ron Paul - He is the only national politician who still cares about individuals.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just a humble reminder to everyone: unless we ourselves eat organic as often as possible, we're simply contributing to this problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Its pretty funny that when i click on this story theres an ad for Terminix a HUGE user of freakin pesticides! why let them advertise on the same page thats basically bitchin about monsantos pesticides killing off all the bees.I don't believe in using poison on any living animals! i find poison rat baits all over the city and if im walking by one i will pick it up and toss it in the nearest garbage can.Maybe not so good to go to a landfill but at least it wont be killing poor rats that have every bit as much right to live in this city as we do!! ThatS ALWAYS the freakin answer MOST humans have!! if its bothering you or something you own just kill it!! SCUMBAGS! ID LOVE!! TO SHOVE SOME RAT BAIT DOWN THE NECK OF THE CEO OF MONSANTO OR DOW OR ANY CHEMICAL COMPANY PRODUCING KILLING POISONS AND SEE HOW THEY LIKE THE FEEL OF DYING IN AGONY!!
edit on 16-4-2012 by kaynoh because: DOES IT MATTER?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
im shocked people in this thread continue to say the article that claims EPA knew Monsanto pesticide caused CCD in bee populations is LYING.

Really? Given all evidence and the timeline going back to the 1990s when Monsanto debuted the pesticides in question and the bees started dying off concurrently,

its logical to conclude somewhere 22 years inbetween then and definitely not exactly just "yesterday" EPA knew Monsanto pesticide caused CCD in bees populations for quiteeeee some time now...

unless EPA has gone the Monsanto way - as have USDA, APHIS, FDA & Supreme Court - EYES WIDE SHUT.

apparently, they are in denial about KNOWING - and even ATSers apparently

i suppose the new conclusion is,

EPA does not know Monsanto caused CCD for 22 years - and going.

now, that, that's telling the truth like it izzzz

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I didn't hear Canada mentioned the bee colony collapse.
For the past few summers I've noticed bees, seemingly dropping onto my back deck. They struggle trying to get airborne for awhile, then die.
Is this indicative of this phenomenon?
I recall about 10 years ago having a brochure dropped off warning they would be spraying from the air to kill mosquitoes and there was something about it also may kill some bees. They spray each summer.

In fact most insects are doing this around my home, not just bees. They drop, struggle, then die. The poor things are disabled.
Before the bees dropping I had noticed giant sized bees flying in my house. The sound of their buzzing was unbelievably loud. It was like they were mutating.

This makes me so angry and there's nothing we can do.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

NOWHERE is the linked article is there anything that says the EPA knows to cause of CCD. Nowhere. ow, I wouldn't be surprised if it was found to be connected to pesticides, etc. But the data is not there. Claiming it is doesnt make your case stronger.

Just the facts. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Before the bees dropping I had noticed giant sized bees flying in my house. The sound of their buzzing was unbelievably loud. It was like they were mutating.

Or maybe they were carpenter bees, or bumble bees?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon

Originally posted by charles1952

BiggerPicture,

Actually, what I'm saying is that neither the EPA or UN reports say that Monsanto is the culprit. They don't even know what the culprit is. While the headline may have been accurately copied from the article, the statements presented don't support it.

Charles1952

I'm going to have to agree with you here.
I am by no means a fan of Monsanto. But my first thought after reading this was
"I don't see anything in here that says the EPA knew Monsanto caused colony collapse"

At best the headline is sensationalizing. At worst flat out lying.

Not blaming the OP but the author of the original article.

Yeah yeah yeah, but COME ON, a lot of us know that Monsanto owns the state department, the EPA and the FDA at least in part, and that it's a revolving door between congress, Monsanto, and those agencies.

And who makes the pesticides? Monsanto.

And WHO is trying to genetically alter bees so they can live with their pesticides? lol
Monsanto.
edit on 16-4-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

And WHO is trying to genetically alter bees so they can live with their pesticides? lol
Monsanto.

No they aren't. Get a ficking clue.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I got one. Monsanto is evil. I don't put a thing past them.
They got problem, reaction, solution down to a genetically altered science.

www.beeologics.com... Who owns beelogics?
We're gonna save the bees!

After we kill them. lol
edit on 16-4-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Someone is lying. They quoted "leaked document" earlier, now they are claiming nowhere in the article....

LOL

Wonder why they are lying right in this thread for everyone so to see.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I'm no fan of Monsanto either. But that doesnt mean I just believe whatever some random blog says about them with any verifiable proof.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Someone is lying. They quoted "leaked document" earlier, now they are claiming nowhere in the article....

LOL

Wonder why they are lying right in this thread for everyone so to see.

Show me where the claims in the headline are proven.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Well for me it goes beyond the blog. I've seen that in several places.
It is, admittedly, a stretch to say that EPA KNEW MONSANTO. Direct correlation.

BUT, if you've seen Vanishing Bees or any of a number of other documentaries, then you know that this class of pesticides have been LONG suspected of killing the bees- and that it because the number one suspected culprit in France and other areas, so they outlawed them. The bees started to recover right after that. A lot of people HERE lobbied the EPA to ban them for fear them killing the bees.

Now, leaked document aside, surely if anyone in the EPA had half a clue, they were aware of that?

www.vanishingbees.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Well for me it goes beyond the blog. I've seen that in several places.
It is, admittedly, a stretch to say that EPA KNEW MONSANTO. Direct correlation.

BUT, if you've seen Vanishing Bees or any of a number of other documentaries, then you know that this class of pesticides have been LONG suspected of killing the bees- and that it because the number one suspected culprit in France and other areas, so they outlawed them. The bees started to recover right after that. A lot of people HERE lobbied the EPA to ban them for fear them killing the bees.

My point is that the thread claims to have definitive proof that it doesnt actually have.

I suspect the claims are true, but we dont have the proof. Simple as that.

The headline makes a claim the article does not support.

Be Factual, not sensational.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
EPA talking about Honeybee colony collapse disorder:
www.epa.gov...

The previously linked article:
www.occupylv.org...

and a linked article from the previously linked article at the bottom (for those of you who didn't bother looking into the provided links at the bottom). This article appears to be a report by the EPA on the effects of pesticides on bee deaths.
www.panna.org...

and Panna is:
www.panna.org...

Thoughts...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join