It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture vs NONE rapture (dialogue to all christians)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Raised catholic here, so theirs the ground. I do not know what i really believe int he rapture. a part of me says, (yes) and a nother part of me saids (meh). Not a 100% pure catholic either, so I have a bendable spiritual faith to my liking. I am just opening this dialogue for catholics and those damn heathenistic reformers to discuss Rapture vs non rapture. Damn you Protestants. Please dont take me serious at the end either, its called sarcasm

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

The greek word for rapture is Harpazo and since some people (like JM) will say there's no such thing as rapture, there it is...the harpazo event.

Will it happen like we think? Of that i am not sure, if it does good, if not we're going to be in for a buttload of torture and pain if we get caught. In the end the harpazo event is not what is important. What is important is King Yeshua, our Messiah and keeping his commandments.

I'm hoping i am worthy to go if/when it does happen and if not? Feeling my head roll across the floor like a ball is going to be wierd.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

My guess is no rapture.. no return of any "messiah" either. reason being is because its all a lie... wake up and realize the bible is just a really good work of fiction at best.

No rapture, messiah, prophets, chosens, hell, heaven, OR a god that insists on human sacrifice and genocide...

BUT, there is this great new thing called SCIENCE... I hear it explains quite a lot...

Religion is our first attempt at explaining things. and because its our first, it's our worst.
edit on 15-4-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman

My guess is no rapture.. no return of any "messiah" either. reason being is because its all a lie... wake up and realize the bible is just a really good work of fiction at best.

No rapture, messiah, prophets, chosens, hell, heaven, OR a god that insists on human sacrifice and genocide...

BUT, there is this great new thing called SCIENCE... I hear it explains most everything that we can possibly explain (so far at least)..

Not you again? its another ats cliche

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCelestialHuman

I don't think he was talking to you or those like you. he was opening a dialogue to christians not secularists.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I believe the only thing that will happen is someday the sun will pull a pacman and gobble us up

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There will be no rapture. Even if Revelation is truly referring to the end times it never once mentions any type of rapture. Jesus specifically declares he will come back at the end of the tribulation. Not stop by, grab some people, then come back. Thats just wishful thinking. Just because you believe in God does not make you better than the rest. We all sin so if tribulation does happen we must all go through it.

But i doubt revelation is even speaking about our end times. it was most likely just talking about rome.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm no expert on the matter, but shouldn't the Bible tell you the answer?

Seems like asking strangers on the internet such important questions about God is foolish, considering Satan could be everywhere. He's just waiting to spring his trap!

So anyway, didn't God give you an instruction manual? Isn't the answer in there?

If I were a gambling man, which I am, I would wager a majority of Christians have not read the Bible in it's entirety, and most of those who have were guided by a mere mortal.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have a hard time believing in a rapture - When in history has God ever just plucked Christians out of hard times? God gets us *through* the storm.....isn't that the whole point....I'm also sick of being told that I wont be raptured simply because I don't believe in the rapture - apparently my faith in Christ is no longer even a factor *rollseyes*

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Anyone that is fully educated in what the world is going through today, who is behind it and what the bible has said would happen could not discount the bible as true . Global government will mean global electronic money that could only be facilitated by the world wide Internet which would be the only way that the Mark Of the Beast could be implemented as prophesied in the Bible some 2000 years ago . The Chosen people the Jews were chosen of God to carry out his plan that was laid out in the Bible . The Ashkenazi Jews are the core of the Global Bankster movement today . The problem is that some people make such a poor attempt at reading the bible and seek only certain points to try to debunk the whole bible .Then they try to create a convenient and comfortable realism around which they can conduct their very existence on the premise that they will not worry about facing stark reality until they die and could not be held accountable .
. Good luck with that .

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
There will be no rapture. Even if Revelation is truly referring to the end times it never once mentions any type of rapture. Jesus specifically declares he will come back at the end of the tribulation. Not stop by, grab some people, then come back. Thats just wishful thinking. Just because you believe in God does not make you better than the rest. We all sin so if tribulation does happen we must all go through it.

But i doubt revelation is even speaking about our end times. it was most likely just talking about rome.

Explain the 7 lampstands (which are the churches) behind Christ in heaven in Revelation 1. If the book of Revelation was talking about Rome then we wouldn't even be here and take a look around does this look like heaven to you? The new Heaven and New earth babies will not be stillborn nor live but a few days, there would be no more death and people will not eat food they did not prepare themselves no build houses for others to live in.

People that say it was Rome obviously never read Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, or Amos and probably have a kindergarteners understanding of biblical events.

edit on 15-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Anyone that is fully educated in what the world is going through today, who is behind it and what the bible has said would happen could not discount the bible as true .

The bible is filled with contradictions, paradoxes, and vague prophecies. as far as i am concerned, none of it is true.

Global government will mean global electronic money that could only be facilitated by the world wide Internet which would be the only way that the Mark Of the Beast could be implemented as prophesied in the Bible some 2000 years ago

Actually, i think global government and one world currency would actually solve most of the current problems we face in the world. As far as the mark as the beast goes, do you really think anyone would be stupid enough to take this mark when most people have heard of it before.. according to the bible, the mark is 666. who would be stupid enough to take this mark, knowing the history behind it and what it symbolizes?

The problem is that some people make such a poor attempt at reading the bible and seek only certain points to try to debunk the whole bible .

I you used to be christian so i did not read the bible for the purpose of debunking it.. Now, i have read the bible almost all the way through, studying it carefully. One day i was just reading it like a good little christian, when i realized it was a bunch of BS..
edit on 15-4-2012 by TheCelestialHuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

You have evidently not read Revelations fully . What we call the Great Tribulation is prophesied about in Daniel , Isaiah , Ezekiel Zachariah and Jesus gives the best description of the sound of the trumpet and coming in the clouds after the Tribulation of those days in Matthew 24 verse 29 . That leaves no doubt of when the gathering of his people would be .
The Mark of the Beast or 666 is yet to be implemented but not for long . The rebuilding of the Temple is a really big as the Antichrist will sit in the seat of God .The Temple will be rebuilt after the Gog and Magog war per Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39 . That's about to happen soon . All of the players are in position , Russia being a big player against Israel .You might be interested in that war as we are going to be involved in it and likely we will get into it with Russia . The Lord says he will send FIRE (Nukes ? ) on those that dwells carelessly in the ISLES . Like us ?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Then you have no problem taking the VERICHIP implant made by Digital Angel . If you don't take the Mark you will not be in the system and property ownership and use of the new and only economic system will not be allowed . Can you not see that only now with the Internet Infrastructure that the control world wide of buy , sell and trade can be implemented along with the Global government needed to bring it about . And what about the 10 Kings that have no kingdoms as of yet spoken of in Revelations. 10 families own the Privately owned Federal Reserve System that we thought was an American agency along with the World Bank and IMF . These same families or kings own the world . All that needs to happen is dividing the world up into Fiefdoms .America is done !
Search < Eugenics Quotes > by some of our most prestigious Bilderberg members .
Read , the United Nations < Agenda 21 > that Obama just obligated us to follow and tell me how you want to lose your private property rights and population reduction spoken of in Agenda 21 , and then think of the hundreds of millions of dollars that someone spent to develop a very deadly strain of Bird Flu . We don't need more biological weapons we have enough . The Ga. Guide Stones call for only 500,000,000 people in the world as a goal . Is you name in that number .
A re-read might be in order for the prophecy in the bible . And all of these prophesies coming true at this time does not support shotgun prophesies theory .

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Tell me if you can...How does science explain Quantum Mechanics seeing you think we can explain reality better with science ....peace

op ..The Bible has the answer to your question ..it doesn't matter what I think or what you think but what God says ..peace

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Watch as much of Perry Stone's videos and teachings as you can. Best on the face of the Earth with this issue. You'll gain more revelation from him in a 2 hour presentation than with 50 pages in this thread. Add some Walid Shoebat, and finish it with some Dr. Chuck Missler.

Always seek the Lord in prayer first and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you. Pray and trust the He is the Author and Perfecter of your faith, and say "Okay, I'm ready, you promised your Spirit would teach me all things Lord."

I wouldn't trust anything that isn't birthed from prayer and points to Jesus.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowOblivionX

There will be no rapture. Even if Revelation is truly referring to the end times it never once mentions any type of rapture.

Chapter 4:1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Revelation ch4 v1 was a single person, for the sake of experiencing the visions. and temporary, so that he could report them.
Within Christianity, the real debate around "the Rapture" is about the timing.
It's clear enough in 1 Thessalonians ch4 that Paul is talking about an event AT the Return of Christ.
What is known as "the Rapture" in the current debates is supposed to be an event taking place before that time- and there's no clear Biblical evidence for that.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Revelation ch4 v1 was a single person, for the sake of experiencing the visions. and temporary, so that he could report them.

The body of Christ is referred to as a "single" person in the Greek also. Christ said the churches were the candlesticks in the previous chapters, where are the candlesticks when Christ is handed the scroll, heaven or Earth? Where is the church mentioned on earth after chapter 4?

I can go on, and on, and on...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It's funny to see you guys argue.

There are 38,000 Christian denominations around the globe. THIRTY-EIGHT THOUSAND!

And of course God is only taking "his church."

It seems strange to me that God would give us this guidebook and we still can't find the answers for ourselves. We look to other people to interpret plain english for us, instead of going to source. I thought if you had questions, you should read the word of God and talk to him until the answer is revealed..

What does God and the Bible tell you, Jordan River?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join