It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little boy lost finds his mother using Google Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here's a story I though might make for a nice Sunday evening read. A nice happy ending type of story. I read it earlier today but went on a Google search of my own to old childhood haunts only to discover that the streets have been renamed and my personal landmarks torn down. I too resorted to water to find my way around.

But enough of me. This is a feel good story for all who need their spirit lifted. And despite some sadness therein, the story of Saroo is a must read, imo.

An Indian boy who lost his mother in 1986 has found her 25 years later from his new home in Tasmania - using satellite images.

Saroo was only five years old when he got lost. He was travelling with his older brother, working as a sweeper on India's trains. "It was late at night. We got off the train, and I was so tired that I just took a seat at a train station, and I ended up falling asleep."

That fateful nap would determine the rest of his life. "I thought my brother would come back and wake me up but when I awoke he was nowhere to be seen. I saw a train in front of me and thought he must be on that train. So I decided to get on it and hoped that I would meet my brother."

Saroo did not meet his brother on the train. Instead, he fell asleep and had a shock when he woke up 14 hours later. Though he did not realise it at first, he had arrived in Calcutta, India's third biggest city and notorious for its slums.

BBC Source

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thank you. Wonderful story!

It's certainly better than this guy that seems to pop up from time to time claiming he's found gold, uranium, lost civilizations and other such using GE: Gold deposits - google earth

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

1 question.

why were they not holding hands literally the entire time to prevent getting lost?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I hope there will be a follow-up to this. I don't have the answer to your question, except that the older brother was working at sweeping the trains.

new topics

top topics

join