It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiant objects near the sun???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Can anyone please take a look at the pic of the sun in this SOHO pic. You will notice two very bright anomalies. being a bit of a novice the shape looks similar to that of two ringed planets, tho there proximity to the sun and illumination is brighter than the small solar flare activity coming from the surface of the sun. Could some1 with a little more savvy on Soho or the solar pics please share their opnions on what these objects represent, as my inquisitive lil mind is doing cartwheels looking at it hehehehe:>

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think these maybe sunspots my friend, theres alot of these bright objects in that image but i see the 2 that you mention and they are just sunspots or coronal holes nothing to worry about.

Also i doubt very much that they are planets especially ringed ones as between SOHO and the sun i think there is only one planet maybe 2 depending on how far out SOHO is im not quite sure.

Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You see those kinds of anomalies quite often.
Sometimes you can even see them move(when slideshowing several soho images), asif they are freely flying around up there.
Theres even a series of images where it looks like 3 huge spaceships shooting at eachother

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think they are called particle showers.

"blizzards" of high-energy particles blurring their images, threatening the health and safety of some instruments. In fact, the most intense particle flux observed with SOHO

These are even more amazing!

soho.nascom.nasa.gov...

[edit on 26-9-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
I think these maybe sunspots my friend, theres alot of these bright objects in that image but i see the 2 that you mention and they are just sunspots or coronal holes nothing to worry about.
Hope this helps.

Actually Mark, you couldnt be more wrong ;p

This camera doesnt photo the sun, but the rays coming off the sun. The sun is actually in the very center of the image and is blacked out, and the sun's rays are seen coming off from around the darked out area.

The area that he's asking about is a picture of space around and between space and this satelitte.

As for the weird images? No clue.. space dust on the lense, galaxies blowing up, untracked planets, alien spaceships.. shrug.. read up on SOHO and maybe they have an explanation,.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ok, its not a particle or dust.. I found the video and it looks like a star glare or something shining particularly bright..

Odd..

lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil...

From its movement versus the background sky, it seems to be between the sun and the SOHO satelite.. any ideas?

Check it out, its on LASCO C2 as well! Moving towards us..

Also the C1 Fe XIV satelitte feed is down, which would show a better picture of whatever it was, with less light glare...

Closer look using JAVAscript...:

Also showing up on JAVA C3 DIFF

[edit on 9/26/2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thanks for linking to those vid shows of my mystery objects. To be honest I thought that it may have been Venus or mercury at first, but now im not so sure.....Ive just got this terrible feeling like something really big is about to happen in the nxt few days....Im not usually the type to worry, but I cant shake this feeling of pure terror thats seized me in the last few hours after seeing this pics and reading a few articles and postings on the net these last few hours. Something is most definetley amiss, could these anomalies be a precursor to something going on as we speak??

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This forum makes people paranoid dont worry

Check out the predictions forum and you see the asteroid Toutatis prediction... Well the key date is the 29th of september which is in a few days so maybe you have a right to worry although the asteroid will miss earth about 900,000 mile away its still a strange asteroid because of its rotation and shape.

Also i have just found something that is totally amazing about this asteroid and im going to post it soon so look out!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by radiant_obsidian
Thanks for linking to those vid shows of my mystery objects. To be honest I thought that it may have been Venus or mercury at first, but now im not so sure.....Ive just got this terrible feeling like something really big is about to happen in the nxt few days....Im not usually the type to worry, but I cant shake this feeling of pure terror thats seized me in the last few hours after seeing this pics and reading a few articles and postings on the net these last few hours. Something is most definetley amiss, could these anomalies be a precursor to something going on as we speak??

Heh heh heh, I know the feeling.. it happens at least once a week or so when I read ATS.. most of the time, I read an initial claim, predictions, or doom n' gloom story and my mind races into 20 directions of terror. Then, thank god, someone eventually puts some facts, or doubt to it and I calm down..

You'll get used to it ;p

And praise the not-so-gullible (aka, debunkers)!

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Also, I've ruled out a planet as an explanation.. because if it were a planet, the sun reflexion would be on the opposite side of the planet, so it wouldn't show up on our satelitte..

Correct me if I'm wrong ;p

Ut

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The two bright dots with lines sticking through them are planets. The lines passing through them are overflowing pixils, and aren't physically there. The crazy streak above one of the planets is probably a cosmic ray strike on the CCD.

Just a little update. After checking with Starry Night,

The leftmost object is Mercury. The left most is Jupiter. In between them, not sporting the stylish pixil overflow arms, is Mars. All three are on the far side of the Sun.

[edit on 1/10/2004 by Ut]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Here's a list of transits in the Lasco FOV.

ares.nrl.navy.mil...

[edit on 2-10-2004 by jinx5x5]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The SOHO database are great. However i'm having som trouble getting the .ZIP files from the database at:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

I set image type to C3, and display to images, then i get the latest 3 pictures for example.. the images show up, and in the top is a button to save all the images as a zip file. When i click this button i get a download box, i enter ok, and it saves a 0 byte zip file

i've tried with display type set to list, but still a 0 byte zip.

Any1 know how to fix this?

Also the files in
seems to be messed up.. or is it just me that interprets them incorrect?

downloads, but is faulty.. cant play, but can open in vdubmod v.15.10.1
previous mpg file is:
and really messed up.. everything blinks for every 2nd frame.
Others show to be only updated in 1/4 of the circular area.. why?

top topics

join