It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only one Big Bang?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ok, from my understanding from HS, there was only one big bang. What if space is even bigger than that one big bang, and a unlimited number of them happen throughout the universe. Of course it would easily be beyond anything we may ever see, but what do you all think? Seems like space keeps getting bigger and bigger the more we find out, I don't think this would be out of the realm of possibilities.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The big bang is supposed to have produced the entire universe we inhabit, therefore there wouldn't be another big bang within our universe, but instead "outside" it. This is just what most scientists think, but it all depends on how you view the universe. I believe that the universe is infinite in space and time, and the big bang creating the visible universe as we know it was a local event. From this POV the possibility of other "big bangs" within the meta-universe could be expected.

We will never know everything we want to know, and the fact that people believe they have the answer to how the universe was created baffles and irritates me. I know science is just the best answer to explain what we see, but when scientists say, "This is exactly what happened 14 billions years ago," I take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
our entire universe could be the size of an atom for all we know. it works both ways.
size is relative. from our perspective it is infinite, but universally it could be atomic in nature.
edit on 15-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
We have been discussing this sort of thing a few different ways in this thread if you havnt seen it.

I think you and i share a similar set of possibilities for the multi bang theory.

Well i think i was wrong about the torus, it would be like an expanding onion layer, with a gap too the next layer, but all expanding out due to the cushion of dark matter and other bits we cant see. Perhaps the big bang wasnt a bang it was just a constant pulse, dark matter when inverse wave and our viable matter on the up wave.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
our entire universe could be the size of an atom for all we know. it works both ways.
size is relative. from our perspective it is infinite, but universally it could be atomic in nature.
edit on 15-4-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

If spacetime is indeed infinite then our local universe would be comparable to an atom comprising a larger structure. As in atoms where there is vast spaces in between the nucleus and electron shells, so sub-universes are conglomerated masses of energy which form elementary particles for structures that are unimaginably large in scale. I dunno if that makes any sense but infinty is a fun thing to think about.
edit on 16-4-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: typo

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
Ok, from my understanding from HS, there was only one big bang. What if space is even bigger than that one big bang, and a unlimited number of them happen throughout the universe. Of course it would easily be beyond anything we may ever see, but what do you all think? Seems like space keeps getting bigger and bigger the more we find out, I don't think this would be out of the realm of possibilities.

S & F I actually LOVE this topic!

I believe a big bang' happens all the time, creating parallel universes.

Those parallel universes are the places of our dreams.....real people, places, events.

After listening to Dr Micho Kaku and Stephen Hawking, I am starting to believe that big bangs occur from atams passing through black holes, or the black hole exploding.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Who is to say it is a never ending cycle it never began and it will never end????

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
With all due respect,

and with some sorrow,

I MUST SAY

we simply cannot ponder such questions. Unless you are looking for more questions.

absolutely NO WAY OF KNOWING.

Unless we happened to meet someone, or something, from before the big bang.
edit on 4/16/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

we simply cannot ponder such questions. Unless you are looking for more questions.

Since when was this a reason to not ask questions? Even if we never find an asnwer, or the question simply has no answer, it would be a waste to not at least ponder it, and the questions that arrive from it.

new topics

top topics

join