It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the best Apologist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just wondering your guys opinions,

This is aimed at Christians, but atheists or agnostics or anyone from any religion can respond if they've heard good, compelling arguments from Christian Apologists...

My question to you all is, who do you think is the best Christian Apologetic of our age?

I personally like C.S. Lewis, and Ravi Zacharia is pretty good too...

Pleaes keep the discussion civilized, please don't go off topic, if you're just looking to start trouble please don't bother posting....

I'm trying to collect info so I can put together my own apologetic work, and I want input from people as to whos works I should study up on before compiling my own......

Thanks in advance,

God bless you all,

Amen

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I have 2 people that I like ..it would be a tos up for either one William Lane Craig www.reasonablefaith.org...

and Chuck Missler .. en.wikipedia.org... now I don't believe Chuck has debates but if there was a guy I could pick to debate someone he would rank right up there ...peace

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have lots of suggestions, will be back later when I have time!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

I have 2 people that I like ..it would be a tos up for either one William Lane Craig www.reasonablefaith.org...

and Chuck Missler .. en.wikipedia.org... now I don't believe Chuck has debates but if there was a guy I could pick to debate someone he would rank right up there ...peace

Chuck would destroy, but he said he refuses to debate for matters of pride. I can respect that, at least he's saying so by reason of scripture. He feels though he is better at teaching exegesis and prophecy. I agree.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The greatest of all time IMO was the Dr. Greg Bahnsen, he would destroy their position in less than 5 minutes and walk off the stage. The opponent had no legs to stand on after that point and if they opened their mouth they lost.

But my favorite current one is Ravi Zacharias:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Keithtruth
Scott Dryer

edit on 15-4-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
Just wondering your guys opinions,

This is aimed at Christians, but atheists or agnostics or anyone from any religion can respond if they've heard good, compelling arguments from Christian Apologists...

My question to you all is, who do you think is the best Christian Apologetic of our age?

I personally like C.S. Lewis, and Ravi Zacharia is pretty good too...

Pleaes keep the discussion civilized, please don't go off topic, if you're just looking to start trouble please don't bother posting....

I'm trying to collect info so I can put together my own apologetic work, and I want input from people as to whos works I should study up on before compiling my own......

Thanks in advance,

God bless you all,

Amen

Ravi is very good. For sure, he is not afraid to move into the mystical and symbolic. I listen to him daily.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Scot just read scripture, no apologetics. But the other video was good.

Apologetics is defending the faith.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Chuck Missler is a good one but i like C.S. Lewis and if you like Lewis than you might like reading the Screwtape Letters or seeing the play. Walid Shoebat is good too at least i think he's an apologist, eitherway he has a unique insight into the bible.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Chuck Missler is a good one but i like C.S. Lewis and if you like Lewis than you might like reading the Screwtape Letters or seeing the play. Walid Shoebat is good too at least i think he's an apologist, eitherway he has a unique insight into the bible.

Walid is a teacher, never heard him do apologetics for Christianity, just tearing down Islam. But I LOVE Walid, sooo many great nuggets from him, eternally grateful.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Peter Kreeft? Emphasis in philosophy and natural law. He can talk to people from first principles, wherever they are spiritually. He's very similar to Lewis.
edit on 16-4-2012 by charles1952 because: Add

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thank you and the others that mentioned Ravi ...WOW ....I started watching and went to his site and now I am hooked ...I will be taking in his lessons ..what a beautiful guy ...peace

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thank you and the others that mentioned Ravi ...WOW ....I started watching and went to his site and now I am hooked ...I will be taking in his lessons ..what a beautiful guy ...peace

Haha, YW.

Yes, Ravi owns the competition, and the other apologists.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Back as promised! Okay so obviously Lewis, Zacharias, and Missler are probably the most recognized and accomplished.

Here are a few more I'd like to add to the list:

Timothy Keller is a great apologist on the philosophical side of things. His book "Reason for God" among others are a must read for Christians, imho.

He also has a video series that I invite you, implore you even, to watch at your soonest convenience - very interesting and insightful perspective!

Linky

There are also two online bloggers whose command of language and rationality, whose clear ability to champion God's truth philosophically and scientifically have left me humbled and joyous.

Blogger #1 is a graduate student at Penn State studying physics with an emphasis on inflationary cosmology. He incorporates literature, history, philosophical argument, mathematics, and cosmological studies into his works - which are elegantly and profoundly written.

Blogger #1

Blogger #2 is a research scientist at Duke University in the Department of Chemistry. As a former atheist he offers a very unique apologetic perspective.

Blogger #2

*IMPORTANT* As ever, always consult Scripture with the guidance of the indwelling Spirit before adopting anything as truth

Lastly, regarding the textual integrity and historical reliability of Scripture - THIS book, if there were any earthly thing that helped me unearth God's eternal truth, would be it. I really really really suggest reading this book:

Linky for book

Have a blessed day, fellow Bereans!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: followtheevidence

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to thank you for the link to Elliot Nelson's blog.
I hadn't run across it before and really enjoy the way the young man writes. Thanks so much.
In Christ.

new topics

top topics

join