It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Warfare! Potential to be a triple AAA title. It's much cooler than you think.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Police warfare is an extremely intriguing concept that is being developed by a new team of veterans from the industry. Some of them have worked on top AAA titles like Far Cry 3, Gears Of War, Crysis 1/2, Assassin's Creed 2, Medal Of Honor: Airborne, Golden Eye, Killzone 2, and Grand Theft Auto 4. They have worked at companies such as Ubisoft, Epic Games, Electronic Arts and Crytek. I'm looking forward to this more than any other big kickstarter project, lets make sure they make their goal!

This looks pretty awesome...also ....

""Although we made the pitch video using the call of duty franchise, the actual Police warfare is no where near it (Even the name Police Warfare is subjected to change). A lot of you seem to have picked up the similarities between this and Battlefield, but please read the Kickstarter page for more information on that.""
edit on 15-4-2012 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Meh, it looks like any other FPS. Maybe it will be something better, maybe not. If they can build it, then we will see.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I wonder how long it takes before someone comes in and links this to Martial Law and civil unrest and the militairisation of Americas law enforcement.

Cool concept though. Kinda like the cops and robbers online game mode of GTAV, but worked out better probably.

Well right now my pos Xbox is bricked again and I refuse to buy a new one.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I remember the Hollywood heist that was crazy. Now swat teams have gear that fulling protects them and it was based on the robbers designs. Cops have no ingenuity and implemented the full body Kevlar into their system lol. The robbers only 2 of them had cops running like scared little girls to gun shops because their handguns and shotguns had no effect. The police executed one robber on camera after he had fallen to the ground and was unconscious straight up murdered the guy on camera. The next guy went down too after he basically ran into 15 cops and they unloaded on him. If The robbers had a 5 man crew the police would have called in the military cause the cops would have got wasted. the robbers had full body kevlar and helmet, armor piercing rounds loaded into fully automatic assault rifles and a honda loaded with ammo and extra clips.Some times I wonder if it was fake because almost nobody got hurt except for the robbers and now police are allowed assault rifles and they banned armor piercing rounds and hollow points except for themselves.
edit on 15-4-2012 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

Lol, the first reply after mine did the job.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, atleast its not being published by EA or Acitivision...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

the "executed" robber shot himself in the head..this is clearly on video...you fail with your ftp attitude...i hope one day you need them and they don't respond
edit on 16-4-2012 by alkesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Looks kinda lame tbh :l I don't see this project going very far, there's only so much you can do in a cops vs. robbers theme

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono
Meh, it looks like any other FPS. Maybe it will be something better, maybe not. If they can build it, then we will see.

Yeah it's the same modern combat bull# we see since about 7-8 years now. It's sad that developers apparently don't have the courage to try something different, something more imaginative, phanastic, creative...it's just the same all over again. It reminds me of that horrible World War 2 Shooter craze between 1999 and 2004 - but even then we still got some more creative and interesting titles like System Shock 2, Thief series, Deus Ex, Half-Life - games like this are totally missing nowadays.

And if i want to play with cops, i stick to the old Swat 3 and 4 games, at least those are sophisticated tactical shooters and not pseudo-tactic realism made for casual gamers.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Kickstarter is actually AMAZING.

Crowd funded, crowd sourced games are the way of the future, the gatekeeper model is dead.

This seems like "game-aganda" to me though honestly and although technically it looks amazing, the final product will probably not be that polished.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I really like the concept both of the group and the game... looks very good.

We'll see I guess.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Looks like COD meets CounterStrike

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I really like the concept both of the group and the game... looks very good.

We'll see I guess.

Doesn't look like we will see anything. After Police Warfare accumuled only 25.000$ on Kickstarter, the developers ended it without mentioning a reason, but if you compare it to the success of Double Fine and inXile Entertainment (Wasteland 2) it has to be considered a fail.
I'm not surprised, Double Fine creates interesting, innovative games and Wasteland 2 is a sequel to one of the most loved DOS classics out there, while Police Warfare is once again a boring modern military shooter for the 14-20 year old CoD & Battlefield loving crowd. I'm thankful and hopefully that continues, so that Kickstarter is only used for interesting and innovative new games, instead of boring crap for the "graphics are the most important thing"-crowd

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
while Police Warfare is once again a boring modern military shooter for the 14-20 year old CoD & Battlefield loving crowd. I'm thankful and hopefully that continues, so that Kickstarter is only used for interesting and innovative new games, instead of boring crap for the "graphics are the most important thing"-crowd

Well I'm 32 and HATE MW to be honest.... BF is awesome though.

And I also like FPS's too.

I play lots of different games including sports and driving games all kinds.

And people play what ever they like.... I wouldn't call their tastes "boring crap" or subtly insult them

But thanks... why don't you get back on your high-horse and play some uber cool and innovative game?

Tool

new topics

top topics

join