It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

User Name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I was just wandering if I am able to edit my username? All I want to do is capitalize my name, not change the name at all.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Afraid not....If you contact the mods and ask them, a lot of times they will permit you to make a new account with a new name and then they will ban the old account....

That's about all you can do.

edit on 15-4-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: Correcting a typo.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Agreed

We've no way of editing usernames.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ok thanks for the replies.

Guess you can close this thread then.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have the same problem. The thing is, in a Linux environment, the username IS the account. Everything is tied to it and capital letters makes it a different account name. Although you don't see it in raw format, every user has a sub-directory on the filesystem. You can compare it to "MyDocuments" on a Windows system, though the analogy is a bit off. If you were to create a new username, then everything associated with your old account, from posts to points to stars, would be lost. It's technically possible for a sysadmin to transfer stuff over, but this is labor intensive, so I understand why ATS has a policy not to do it. With as many users as they have they absolkutely must be as efficient as possible.

top topics

join