It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to welfare mothers: ‘You need to go to work’ !!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Do the people over seas who get billions in foreign aid do any work for it? Cut them off first.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by xuenchen

And he is singling out welfare moms as opposed to welfare dads?

It's usually the mom who stays home with the kids, though not always. Find me a dad who stays home while mom goes to work?

Oh wait if there was a dad who stayed home they wouldnt need daycare.
edit on 17-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Why do people who knowingly cannot afford children, then have children, and are rewarded with welfare?
People should have some responsibility for their actions. There will always be lazy or "sloth" people in society, who will take advantage of the system, they should not be rewarded by stealing from my earnings.

There are exceptions to every rule and I am sure there are people who need welfare and do not abuse it, but the vast majority do, and has resulted in a sub-culture of government reliance, continued poverty, and crime. Eliminating welfare is not a logical solution but some reform is long overdue and much needed.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by stanguilles7

So you want to make a Big Government Federal law which incriminates someone getting pregnant?

If they are receiving welfare, absolutely.

a super moderator thinks this way? sigh ats

what if there were laws around that prevented or criminalized your mother from being pregnant? maybe she was a commie or a witch.

There was another poster who said anyone receiving benefits "becomes their business"!

It's the elite's way for controlling the poor.

They create the situation where people have to depend on the government due to the lack of decent paying jobs. Then if someone asks for help to feed their kids, the elite expect them to give up all their rights.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
If he's willing to increase funding for daycare I really don't see the big deal here. Weren't all these programs originally purposed to get people through a temporary non-work period and back out into the economy? If you want to stay home til the kid is 2, it looks like he'll pay for it. If you want to stay home afterward, well, he's not going to pay for that. But he will pay for your kid's daycare while you're out at work. This really isn't that difficult.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by xuenchen

And he is singling out welfare moms as opposed to welfare dads?

It's usually the mom who stays home with the kids, though not always. Find me a dad who stays home while mom goes to work?

Oh wait if there was a dad who stayed home they wouldnt need daycare.
edit on 17-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

There are stay at home dads, it does not matter if you believe it or not. I personally know a couple, the mother is a doctor and is barely ever home and dad takes care of the household. Also, two parent households are not the only ones who use daycare. A lot of single parents use it because they work and cannot afford to stay at home with their kids.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
in the traditional family, mom stayed home with the kids, dad worked, made enough money for support the family...
dad went to his job, did a little maintenance on the weekends like mowing the lawn and such, mom had dinner on the table, the house cleaned, kids off to school with their packed lunches... all was fine and dandy, as long as dad could make enough money to keep the family afloat and mom was able to do her part.

now days, more and more dads can't find work that pays the amount needed to support the families, and more and more moms are out in the workforce. so those nicely defined roles are being turned upside down and sideways, and well, leaving pretty much a chaotic mess! stress is added to the family relationship and well....sometimes that stress is enough to break up marriages.

and, well, sometimes, a women thinks she's marrying the man of her dreams, only to find out a little too late that he has a tendency to push her down stairs...
and well there will always be some in a society that have learned to exploit the problems and efforts of the society to correct those problems...yes, there are some who are exploiting the welfare system. they are also some bosses that are using it as a way to obtain workers while not having to worry about how those workers are gonna pay their bills (although most business still want those employees in their shops buying their products and taking advantage of their services!!!) and well, I am afraid, I would qualify this idea that welfare moms should be forced into the workforce as exploitation also! it you've read through the posts, I've already explained how!

okay, so the needs of the family are
maintainence of the home
child care
and obtaining enough funds to meet the financial needs...

as long as thire is a couple, ya, it can all be done....

but, with a single parent household it's all been dropped on the lap of just one parent. barring maybe child support, which many conservatives seem to like to blash, and welfare.
all those needs need to be met, or else the society will suffer!!
that includes taking care of the little ones.
you can let mom stay home, give her a little financial support, get on the dad of those kids and try to get him to help support those kids....
or well, you can spend more money, set up a ton of child care centers for those kids, headstart programs, ect. and send mom to work....
or, you can just send mom to work, not worry about the kids and we can all hear stories of kids dying in cars because mom couldn't find someone to watch them and so she brought them to work and hid them in her car, or left them at home and they burned themselves and the apartment complex down to the ground. or well, just put up with them running through your neighborhood unattended causing havoc....

the only real answer, and it's never gonna happen. seems we are heading into the opposite direction, is for mom and dad to get their heads screwed on straight and realize that if they can't make it together as a family under two roofs, well, splitting that family up and having two roofs to support is heading in the wrong direction!!!

as for the exploiters, the welfare cheats, the doctors who scam, the employers who just decide they can pay less because welfare will take care of most of their crew, the politicians who well, are failing miserably....
well, consider this, the more we all have to depend on that gov't for everything, the more our freedoms will be trampled!! yous are bringing down the entire nation, thank you!! you probably think you will escape the end result, but unless you are part of that top two percent, I doubt you will!! you will find yourself in about the same boat as you are wanting to put that single mom in now!!
enjoy!!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
oh, and a new motto for the republican party:
It's okay to be lazy, as long as your rich!!

as far as parenting goes, it it's hard work for the rich, well, it's just as hard for the poor....it's the same job, although being rich does have it's advantage in that hiring a sitter is much easier when you have some funds to pay the sitter, and well, it's much more easier to entertain those kids if you have money for trips to disneyland and such...

so, it's the same work, basically the same amount of time and effort goes into the job, the only difference is the $$$!!!
so if the rich stay at home mom is working hard, then the poor stay at home mom is working hard, or if the poor stay at home mom is lazy, the so is the rich stay at home mom....
there is no way in hades you can justify going from one end of the spectrum to the other!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

My cousin was a stay at home dad until the extended family took interest and helped him (money, childcare, food) out so he could work. Daycare cost so much for his children that he would have lost his home. His wife dropped the bomb all of a sudden that she was seeing someone else on the side and he was welcome to keep the kids because they annoyed her now.

Two of the four children were still in diapers and the 45.00 month child support really wasn't enough for even diapers. Not everyone has generous family nearby. Thank goodness she helped him with custody because she said in front of the judge, "I'll give up my parental rights to him if you don't make me pay child support."

edit on 17/4/12 by toochaos4u because: fixed

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So why didn't his wife go back to work? Oh wait, she had no work to go back to

She raised a family that included five boys all the while fighting CANCER and enduring MS.
I'd say she was working pretty damn hard.
She had the children because they could afford to.
People who can't afford children shouldn't have them.
It's not my responsibility to pay for other people's children.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

illegal alien can drop a anchor baby, U.S. govt. cant deny benefits to children born in the U.S.

By "drop"..you mean a woman giving birth? And by "anchor baby"...you mean Natural Born American Citizens?

Funny how the semantics change for folks with brown skin.

The Fourteenth Amendment adopted in 1868, which declares...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States

Let's try this to stretch your world view a little...

Mitt Romney's parents were born in Mexico...his grandparents had fled the USA in fear of prosecution for poligamy. Mitt's dad, Mexican born, crossed the border back into the Untied States when he was 7 and never applied for citizenship. This was even an issue when Mitt's father George ran for President...

NY Times May 17, 1967

Governor George Romney said today that he was certain he was eligible to be President of the United States even though born in Mexico. …

NY Times October 14, 1967

Gov. George Romney of Michigan is constitutionally ineligible to be President because he was born in Mexico, according to a two-part article to be published next week in The New York Law Journal. … [Romney] is ineligible because he is not a “natural born citizen” says the article by Isidor Blum, a former professor of constitutional law at New York Law School. …

Mitt's Father...1967
NY Times October 15, 1967

Governor Romney said today that the question of his constitutional eligibility for office had been studied by lawyers and that he believed it posed no problem. … Governor Romney said that he did not have to file any papers to become an American citizen since both his parents had been born in the United States.

wtpotus.wordpress.com...

The GOP can call for the repeal of the Fourteenth Amendment, as long as they first acknowledge that doing so would be affirming that thier Nominee for President, Mitt Romney is just another "Anchor Baby" as his father's American Citizenship was premised on his grandfather's citizenship by birthright which over-rides the fact that his father was born in Mexico and never applied for American Citizenship.

As for me...Born on American soil? AMERICAN. I agree with the first Republican President who called for the passage of the 14th amendment, Abraham Lincoln.

AND IN THAT CONTEXT...I am offended whenever I hear folks deride AMERICAN CITIZENS as somehow being LESS THAN American Citizens...it is an ugly, xenophobic, slippery slope, rhetoric that has no place being taken seriously in the United States of America

Just my two cents on "Anchor Babies"
edit on 17-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It makes a lot of sense to put your child in daycare at $8.00 an hour, just so you can net $7.46 an hour before taxes. Romney is a Ken Doll, air-head with absolutely no clue.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

There was another poster who said anyone receiving benefits "becomes their business"!

It's the elite's way for controlling the poor.

They create the situation where people have to depend on the government due to the lack of decent paying jobs. Then if someone asks for help to feed their kids, the elite expect them to give up all their rights.

Exactly! Problem, Reaction, Solution: wash and repeat till nothing is standing up.

The direct method of solving this is to incrementally raise tariffs on non-american and non-european produced services&goods, till american and european companies no longer have that great urge to leave their registered point-of-origin to exploit lax ultra-capitalist based laws. That means stay home to produce and give locals a decent paying job, which means more tax revenue for the state as well. More tax revenue combined with tighter all around spending means no more borrowing and we could finally start bringing the debt under control.

Not that I care about the debt a whole lot because the major creditors to america are the same ones that are trying to make america sink via wreckful spending and orgy-like globalisation But at least it would deprive them of the excuse to bring the first world nations to par with all the third world nations and that in of itself would be a big sucess. The idea should not be to bring down nations, but to bring up undeveloped nations with sustainable growth. Level the playing field to allow companies from asia and africa a descent chance to suceed everywhere.

They are going about everything back-ass-words! And I don't want to hear about trade wars because I have debunked this myth many times with little or no respectable counter-suppositions.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Mr. Richistan Romney is just like all rich from the land of Richistan America republicans and democrat bureaucrat politicians, he is full of crap, living in the rich world of Richistan has rob them from the realities of America unemployment and poor class

Obviously he went to Richistani school system where the subject of welfare or poor unemployed never is teach in the rich schools

He plans to take more from the hard working tax payer to put welfare mothers in a job that will pay minimum wages no enough to pay for childcare and put the burden of the expenses on the taxable working class.

He is just another moron politician too rich to know how math works when it comes to the nations economy, unemployment and how the poverty affect the regular American citizen.

This is what happen when politics are run by a corporate dictatorship and not by the people and for the common citizens.

What a moron.
here in my neck of the woods we are now the ctiy with the highest unemployment rate in the state of GA.

perhaps he like Mr. Richistan Obama will try to figure out how to keep promises that were never mean to be delivered and sell them to those that knows the realities of life in backward America towns

I am still waiting for Obamas we can

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceme
It makes a lot of sense to put your child in daycare at $8.00 an hour, just so you can net $7.46 an hour before taxes. Romney is a Ken Doll, air-head with absolutely no clue.

It appears the ship sailed without you on this concept. The daycare would be subsidized so you won't be paying the $8.00 an hour. You will get the daycare for free so you can go to work and stop being a bum. The you is not directed at you personally.

Without the proper education, you need the $7.46 an hour job to get to the $10.50 an hour job, to get to the $14.00 an hour job...

I won't presume to know your age, but those in the 30 and under age group don't understand the concept of working your way up the ladder. It's all about instant gratification and the horrible lessons they learned form their "everyone's a winner" 1990's - today mindset. The real world is a tough S.O.B. and the age 30 and under group is not mentally prepared for the harsh reality that life aint one big video game. Sometimes you have to work hard for low pay.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Romney belongs to a religious cult. Cultists always have a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality.

A stay-at-home mother, Ann Romney raised the family's five boys (born between 1970 and 1981)

Source en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by Silenceme

It appears the ship sailed without you on this concept. The daycare would be subsidized so you won't be paying the $8.00 an hour. You will get the daycare for free so you can go to work and stop being a bum. The you is not directed at you personally.

Without the proper education, you need the $7.46 an hour job to get to the $10.50 an hour job, to get to the $14.00 an hour job...

I won't presume to know your age, but those in the 30 and under age group don't understand the concept of working your way up the ladder. It's all about instant gratification and the horrible lessons they learned form their "everyone's a winner" 1990's - today mindset. The real world is a tough S.O.B. and the age 30 and under group is not mentally prepared for the harsh reality that life aint one big video game. Sometimes you have to work hard for low pay.

I've been in the same industry for over ten years, the same job for close to 7......
ain't making no $10.50, never have....
how about telling the truth here!!
and it still doesn't make any sense!!
I mean, you do realize that in some states, heck they will give you a car so you can get to work!!
ya, you have to pay for it, eventually, when you can...but still
and then they will give you a clothing allowance, after all need to look nice for the job, right??
and of course you need to eat a lunch at work (hey, I never have money for lunches...I settle for a cheap bag of chips for 50 cents!!!

so, well, they are paying for all this, plus the childcare...and well, at the most, your benefits are gonna be offset by the amount of money you make!!!
we are paying them more to work than to stay home and raise their kids!!
but, hey, they are providing a source for cheap labor, aren't they?? those stay at home moms who just want to pull their family out of the hole since dad got laid off, well, they ain't gonna be able to beat that price are they?? I mean, they will have to pay for their own childcare, since dad's unemployment plus the pay she will get from the new job, well, that will throw them over the income guideline, no help for her!! and well, since she will not be able to make enough to pay the sitter, not with all those, oh I don't really care how much I make, since well, everything is taken care of anyways....I just need a job!! just give me a job!! well, it will decrease the earning potential of all the unskilled labor, thank you....
heck, I will probably get laid off just so my boss can hire someone off the welfare roll, pay them less, and get a neat little tax credit to boot!!!

it's a joke!!! on anyone who wishes to believe the polywogs! it will not cut the budget one bit, but will rather increase it.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Being a stay at home mother and being a welfare queen are two different things.
A family that can afford to have children and have one parent stay at home is one thing.
A woman who can't afford kids but has them and then lives off the tax payer is something else.
They are NOT the same thing at all.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

...unless of course, an abortion is the only way to prevent it!!!

seriously, it's easy to say that those who can't afford to have kids, shouldn't have, but have you really given this serious thought??? I mean it costs alot to raise a kid, and well, kind of think we'd lose alot of the future population if we were to really take this seriously!! then's there's all those unknowns out there in the world, ya know,....
kid might be born with a medical problem and then well, opps, all of a sudden it's gonna cost you way more than you ever dreamed to raise the child, and well, instead of 20 years or so, it could wind up being you future, till death to yous part!!
and 20 years is a long, long time, do you have any idea how many things that we could afford just six years ago that has gone into the range of unaffordable???

it only the rich and well to do should be having kids, well, just who in the world is gonna play servants for thier kids???

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

An applause for you post my friend you just put in terms that perhaps those that are falling for the election propaganda and election hype can get the so call "Richistan Romney moronic idea".

Maybe we should follow Chicago bankrupted system of hiring "felons" (supposedly the government deny this) to do the childcare for the welfare mothers so they can go out and earn their minimum wage check that will still keep them on the welfare roll plus a bonus tax payer money to subside for the childcare.
After all the Medicaid is free that is another bonus.

Illinois Sex Offenders, Drug Dealers, And Violent Felons Paid With Tax Dollars To Babysit Children

The money comes from a $750 million-a-year program that subsidizes child care for more than 150,000 impoverished Illinois families.

ourtaxdollarsatwork.wordpress.com...< br />
The program to put welfare mothers to work is NO FREE

I tell you what we got for politicians are nothing but richistanis morons.

This year after paying taxes thanks to Obamas cutting on tax brakes for the working class but no for the rich I told my husband that we will do better staying at home collecting welfare and living on his military retirement check, while looking for jobs that pay under the table.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join