It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to welfare mothers: ‘You need to go to work’ !!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Fine. Stay home. Just pay your own bills, don't expect the taxpayer to pay for your choices.

Exactly my point as well......in my above post. If you say NO to help....you don't need help. Those are the ones playing the system.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Boy, did this thread get derailed by some very pro-corporate people.

It was about forcing poor single mothers to work to give them "dignity".

But for HIS KIDS - it was just fine to have his wife stay at home.

To those of you who are saying poor mothers are on a vacation - do you feel that way about stay at home moms with a rich husband?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Raising kids is work whether or not you are rich.

In fact, I would say it's even harder being a poor mom than a rich mom.

It's no vacation being poor enough to be on welfare. It's a very hard life.

There was a post talking about their neighbors - those are rumors. That nice car might have been a friend, church worker or government worker. Those tvs might have been from Goodwill. Those toys might have been from a Christmas charity.

Anyone who has been through it will understand it's not something a person would choose to do if they could find a decent paying job.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

To those of you who are saying poor mothers are on a vacation - do you feel that way about stay at home moms with a rich husband?

You completely missed the point. Women with husbands that support them are not asking me to support them. So, I don't care whether they work or not. It is none of my business. BUT as soon as you want to put your hand in my pocket, you become my business.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

There was a post talking about their neighbors - those are rumors. That nice car might have been a friend, church worker or government worker. Those tvs might have been from Goodwill. Those toys might have been from a Christmas charity.

Anyone who has been through it will understand it's not something a person would choose to do if they could find a decent paying job.
I disagree. There are many people making that choice every single day. They do whatever they can to get by without working and are proud of doing so.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Well guess what, they already pay for daycare. It's called ABC Vouchers and you qualify if you have welfare (Now called Family Independence btw) and work or go to school full time. This pays for your child's daycare. Once you are in the FI system you have to search for jobs, return job search forms, and develop a plan in which to get employed as soon as possible. Fantastic, right? In theory.

So your Family Independence support system also includes Food Stamps. AWESOME, now you can actually feed your child. Super.

So you find a job making 9.50 an hour, you have your child in Daycare, you are working 40 hours a week...then guess what? You get that god forsaken perforated paper in the mail from your local DSS office saying "We are sorry, you no longer qualify for FI benefits".

Panic ensues.

Now you have your child enrolled in a Daycare, they are making friends, used to a new routine. Your measley paycheck of what, 640 every two weeks? Is now supposed to cover everything.
So let's break this down...

Your rent is 650 if you are lucky.
Food for you and your child per week is 150 if you are frugal and practically anorexic yourself.
Gas per week is 50 if you don't commute.
Your electricity runs 100 bucks in the dead of summer or cold of winter.
Your water bill is 30-40.
Now you have a daycare bill of 130 bucks a week. 520
Since you no longer qualify for Medicaid you have to pick up your own health care through work. Every two weeks it was 130 bucks for me and my son.

Let's add all that up. 1,630 bucks. You make 1280. Oh yeah, now you cant buy diapers.

You have a respectable job now, you are no longer waiting tables. You have a respectable job now...but you never see your kid and you still can't make ends meet. You have as much money as you did as a waitress on welfare and you saw your kid 4 more hours a day and could also handle going to school part time.

Tell me how this does not keep people within the Welfare system, and I will give you a cookie.
edit on 16-4-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

This is a perfect example of how life REALLY IS for the poor. Romeny is so out of touch with how real people live.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

You completely missed the point. Women with husbands that support them are not asking me to support them. So, I don't care whether they work or not. It is none of my business. BUT as soon as you want to put your hand in my pocket, you become my business.

Wow......

What an ego.....

A poor mother who needs some money to house and feed their kid BECOMES your business!!!!

OK Mr. Ego.... so when a mother does become your business why do you think staying home with kids isn't an important job?

Why do you deem raising kids such a horrible act that you need to change it?
edit on April 16th 2012 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I disagree. There are many people making that choice every single day. They do whatever they can to get by without working and are proud of doing so.

Really, have some stats to back that up? Sure maybe there is a small percentage but rich as well as corps play games as well.

I bet you don't have any study to prove the majority of welfare mothers wouldn't want to work if they could find a job which would provide for their children.

What you have is the 1% rumors- they pay people like you to spread dis info.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

*facepalm*

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Well if the gravy train ended tomorrow, what would the chronically unemployed do?

There aren't enough jobs, the government created this monster.

I live here in Henderson Nevada. The unemployment rate is at 13.7%. I was laid off from a 13 year I.S. position that paid me close to 90k a year. I was laid off 9 months ago. For the first 2 months, I collected unemployment. Since then, I have worked miscellaneous temporary/part time jobs. Some of those employment opportunities included delivering pizza and warehouse dock work. I am a single Father with 2 children. My ex-wife and I share equally the responsibilities of our children. Since I was laid off, I have had to give up my home and made a great many sacrifices. In all, I have learned to live to my means.

When I hear that people can’t find jobs out there, I just want to throw-up! The fact of the matter is that there are MANY employment opportunities! Just NOT the ones most of these dead beat lazy azzes are willing to do! I could have easily sucked unemployment dry! But I didn’t! I don’t even make a fraction of what I made! Not even close to what I made in unemployment! What happen to America working hard for anything? When I hear people whine about they’re unemployment running out after 2 years, I am embarrassed! Embarrassed that my fellow American can’t do what’s right or true anymore! There is a difference in WANTING something, and there is a difference in NEEDING something! I have 2 children I love very much! It doesn’t matter to me how big my house is, the car I drive, shoes I ware, people I know, etc... As long as I can work hard for something, give my kids a warm safe happy place to live, food in their mouths, than I am happy!

Americans are lazy, lazy, AND lazy! What a bunch of crybabies! Must be tough to lose that gravy train after 2 years! Mmmmmm, what am I going to do???? Well, I guess I can just tell people that I’m’ suicidal and have become a danger to myself and others. That’ll get me back on track to living the free loadin kind of life. Give me a break!

If you have to be on unemployment for over 6 months, than I consider you a welfare sucking reciprocate! If you can’t step up in life, than move out to another country that will provide the world to you for free! I don’t care what kind of excuses people try to come up with to avoid work! It might not be what you wish, but the jobs are out there! You might not be making what you once made, but either way, its work! If you’re too proud to work at Mc Donald’s, than don’t complain if you starve! Have “a little” dignity! Do what’s right! Set an example for your children!

Dear G-d...

Please let the unemployment benefits run out so these lazy bumbs will actually be forced to go out and find work!

edit on 16-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I feel pretty disgusted by the blatant stereotyping that most welfare recipients are ethnic minorities that pop babies like rabbits, and that the need for perpetual war against make-believe enemies somehow neglects the responsibility of the state and its citizens to provide for individuals unfortunate enough to be poverty stricken from disabilities be they mental or physical.

I can only hope that these evil hypocrites suffer the same fate one day and there will be no one around to provide them with anything, rather someone will be around to scoff them to the ground and spit in their face, because that is exactly what they deserve.

Even a blind man is beginning to see that unregulated corporate power is more powerful than standing armies ready to invade. The decadence has been continous and methodical, from one administration to the next; where one leaves off then the other picks up. Democrats vs Republicans means one pretends to want a democracy while the other makes no attempt to hide its cruel roman nature: survival of the fittest!

You can beg for a free market all you want but it should be stopped before more damage is done. The reason we have a global depression is due to the excessive greed of wall street investors&speculators who demand a bigger profit margin each year, thus pushing management to outdo itself in terms of production and minimising the costs. Combined with negligible tariffs companies have every reason to offshore goods and services in asia while turning around and selling those cheap products to the very consumers who are either unemployed, underemployed and/or underpaid. The unions served their purpose till government and big business got together and collectively backstabbed them with contrived nonsensical propaganda.

The result is less tax collection, a higher demand for unemployment compensation, less spending by consumers, a government that needs to borrow more and more, a government that will likely have its credit downgraded yet again. I am sure all of this can be no coincidence as nations must be methodically destroyed to enable the antichrist to take over his new world disorder. Everyone who encourages this is an accomplice to treason and part of the conspiracy. Not only do I have zero sympathy for you, but I also hope god or some court punishes you with the utmost cruelty you deserve.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Sorry I don't believe you are raising two kids deliverying pizza. A couple things might be happening:

1. You are using your savings from your $90.000 a year job
2. You have rich family
3. You are a liar

YOU CAN NOT HOUSE AND FEED KIDS working odd jobs.

No way!!!!

I grew up poor - I know a load of BS when I hear it!!!!!

You said you make way less than unemployment benefits. Well, Nevada's max is $1600 a month. You can't provide food, housing, cloths, and daycare on less than that amount!

But I'll call your bluff..... post your budet!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

If you have to be on unemployment for over 6 months, than I consider you a welfare sucking reciprocate! If you can’t step up in life, than move out to another country that will provide the world to you for free! I don’t care what kind of excuses people try to come up with to avoid work! It might not be what you wish, but the jobs are out there! You might not be making what you once made, but either way, its work! If you’re too proud to work at Mc Donald’s, than don’t complain if you starve! Have “a little” dignity! Do what’s right! Set an example for your children!

First, you DO realize the majority of these "lazy" people who you plan to starve are children?

Second, ANY MOTHER who raises children is doing a very hard job and ISN'T LAZY. It doesn't matter if she has a rich husband or not.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Wow......

What an ego.....

A poor mother who needs some money to house and feed their kid BECOMES your business!!!!

OK Mr. Ego.... so when a mother does become your business why do you think staying home with kids isn't an important job?

Why do you deem raising kids such a horrible act that you need to change it?

Why should it be my business to house and feed anyone else? If you can't afford to have kids don't have them. Don't expect others to foot the bill.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Yeah, nothing like seperating mother from child, how they love to do that.

It's not about that; it's about making a career choice then expecting tax payers to pick up the tab. No thanks. There is a reason the rest of working society has two working parents, it's called necessity. Perhaps hubby should get an education so he can earn enough to support his kids and wife.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Where did 9 trillion go? Do people have any idea how disasterous this is
Bailouts for corporations that are "too big to fail", bailing out secretly the PIGGS of europe, plus other secret projects.

The pentagon looses money as well. Kudos to Donald Rumsfeld who had the nerve to expose all this waste and called it "a matter of life and death". Maybe he is one of the last honorable republicans after Abraham Lincoln 150 years ago.

Nah lets blame the social welfare system though cause we are evil hypocrites. Blame social security, medicare/medicaid, and welfare. The two Bush families and Ronald McDonald Reagan have done more damage to america in less than 20 years then all the democrat families combined in 230 years!

If you want to cut waste then cut it all around otherwise many people will see through your veil!
edit on 4/16/2012 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by xuenchen

and want to be "stay at home parents"

Nothing wrong with that at all..however, I should not have to pay their bills...I've got my own family to take care of.
edit on 15-4-2012 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

so you will complain about maybe a dollar of yours helping out a child who had no choice to be in a situation that requires help.

i missed the part where you also complained about your money going towards bombs and bullets that kill men, women, and children in other parts of the world. o wait you never said anything like that because you are probably watching too much foxnews.

why are you people so naive?

complain about helping other humans but not one complaint about funding the weapons that murder innocents around the world.

why dont you log off and go be with your family, that will do them more good then being on ATS complaining about any dollar you may have spent to help a child in need.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I can respect that to a point, but at the same time it is the roman catholic church with its ultra-conservative views of abortion and birth control that encourages everyone to have as many kids as they want. You can't have it both ways charlie.

Conservative bitch and moan about abortion, yet they don't want to lend a helping hand to poor families.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

ohh and please do tell who is directly taking away money from you?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by stanguilles7

So you want to make a Big Government Federal law which incriminates someone getting pregnant?

If they are receiving welfare, absolutely.

a super moderator thinks this way? sigh ats

what if there were laws around that prevented or criminalized your mother from being pregnant? maybe she was a commie or a witch.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join