It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to welfare mothers: ‘You need to go to work’ !!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by RealSpoke
So why didn't his wife go back to work?

Hypocrisy

She wasn't getting welfare.

Unless it was all the tax breaks for the rich.

But then again, Romney makes $40,000 a day.

And pays $8,000 a day in taxes.
(maybe not enough ?)

ETA: comment prior to RealSpoke edit.
no change.

edit on Apr-15-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

You make a good point about him paying lots of taxes. However, he also says it would cost the State more to give women the dignity of a job. While I support the notion that women be in the workforce, I do not support more statist solutions. I thought Romney is supposed to be a businessman, not someone who will run up the costs of the State while pretending to be a free marketeer? I guess if he doesn't give them some incentive they won't vote for him.

edit on 16-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
romney wants more people paying into the system, aka.slaves...

also getting more children into day care systems are so that the system can raise your children and program them thier style.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have posted this before, and I think it appropriate to post it here as well.

There are the free loaders who know how to take advantage of the system. There is a family who lives down the road from us. While I struggle to make money for my family, they are living off the high hog.

Don’t ask me how I know. I’ll just say that I have my ways. This is what they have…

1.$1100.00 in food stamps a month for 4 kids (mother pregnant again).
2.Medicaid.
3.HUD housing.
4.Pal grant checks for school loans.
5.3 different business names under their address. (All fake).
6.$40,000 Lexus with “I love Obama” (in Spanish) bumper sticker on back.
7.$50,000 truck with $6,000 wheels and rims.

I have argued with people about the food stamp amount allowed here in Adams County Colorado. When you have 20 people living under the roof of a 4 bedroom home, they manage to find a way to get it. This is how they get $1100.00 in food stamps. The illegal Mom tells Social services that she has 7 kids instead of 4, and instead of going out of the way to find proof, they go by hearsay. Many have been busted for doing this, but there are very little resources to follow thru on most of the accusations.

I have called Adams Social Services on numerous occasions about this family of 20, and they more or less treat me like a racist. I have on one occasion gone in to complain about them; it took them a 20 minutes to find someone who could speak English. When I went in, there was one (1) white family of three waiting in line to get help. I can tell you with 100% accuracy that 9 out of 10 people waiting in line to get help were illegal. There were a good 50 to 60 people waiting to get help.

My older son used to get along with one of the kids from the family. That was until we found out he was dealing drugs.

And WHO is paying for all the above? The middle class! Makes me SICK!

More people come in and out of their house than the local Wal-Mart. Police are there regularly for dog and rooster fights. All the illegal actions are blamed on the underage kids so the adults don’t receive jail time. System lenient on kids because they are minors and illegal. They only get probation. I live in Denver. A sanctuary city.

I am soooo tired of paying these peoples way in life! It is MY money! MY TAXES that are giving them a free ride!

Here in Colorado, 9 out of 10 of the welfare reciprocates are ILLEGAL. Get rid of the illegals, and we’ll have more money for AMERICANS who really need it…

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
For some people, getting pregnant (for a bigger welfare check) IS their job! I can't think of a better way of sending the message that this kind of thing will NOT be tolerated by the taxpayer. Make this "occupation" a criminal act when you are on the taxpayer's dime.

Perhaps you have some numbers or statistics to support that claim?

Welfare is barely enough to provide for a child and very often is not sufficient income alone to provide simple meals and clothing to a child. Under what scheme...aside from idealogical paranoid fiction...do you imagine it profitable for a welfare mom to have more children.

I think this is part of a mythology driven by idealogical world view.

Would you also be suprised to learn that the majority of Welfare recipients are white? Or that half the welfare recipients with children (Welfare Moms) are white?

Not accusing you of racism, but that seems to be the other common misconception amongst the right..

For example when asked about his views on Welfare, Rick Santorum responded..

"”I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money and provide for themselves and their families.”

A strange answer considering the vast majority of Welfare recipients are White and the question didn't ask about "black people", only welfare..

Now...can you explain to me the average child benefit to a welfare recipient per child?

Here it says for a family of 4..let's picture a mom and 3 kids, the Welfare cash benefit would be UP TO $500 in Food Stamps and UP TO $900 in Wefare benefits per month.

www.welfareinfo.org...

I am not sure if you ever ran a family budget? $900 dollars doesn't cut it for a family of four even after food is half paid for...maximum $500 per month allowance to feed 3 kids and an adult?

Not sure where you see a profitable enterprise?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Don’t ask me how I know. I’ll just say that I have my ways. This is what they have…

I would ask you "how you know" if I thought you didn't simply spout BS.

Here in Colorado, 9 out of 10 of the welfare reciprocates are ILLEGAL. Get rid of the illegals, and we’ll have more money for AMERICANS who really need it…

MYTH #3: The nation spends billions of dollars on welfare for undocumented immigrants.

FACTS: To the contrary, undocumented immigrants are not eligible to receive any “welfare” benefits and even legal immigrants are severely restricted in the benefits they can receive.

As the Congressional Research Service points out in a 2007 report, undocumented immigrants, who comprise nearly one-third of all immigrants in the country, are not eligible to receive public “welfare” benefits — ever.

Legal permanent residents (LPRs) must pay into the Social Security and Medicare systems for approximately 10 years

before they are eligible to receive benefits when they retire. In most cases, LPRs can not receive SSI, which is available only to U.S. citizens, and are not eligible for means-tested public benefits until 5 years after receiving their green cards.

blog.chron.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
if we make getting pregnant while on welfare a crime subject to prision, can we make rapping a women while she is on welfare a crime subject to death?? and well, dads who refuse to pay child support for their kids, can also recieve a jail if they create another baby.....

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

You call being poor a vacation? Or taking care of a mentally Ill child, while your spouse works 40+ hours a week,
Bills stacking and not knowing were to turn? Is that you idea of a vacation? I work, my boyfriend works were both also students taking care of a 1 year old child. Sometimes we don't know how were going to get by next month. I sacrifice buying myself shoes to buy my daughter diapers. We don't have cable, we don't even own a TV. I'm on welfare and I work dammit. My best friend has a 5 year old with severe down syndrome whho frequently has seizures. Her husband works 12 hour.shifts.daily what he brings home is barely enough to cover medical bills. Without welfare they would be homeless and possibly lose their son. They cannot afford the special ”care centers” for him, therefor she can't work.

Want to tell me again how much you agree with this retard.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by xuenchen

You're forgetting the one major factor in all of this...

THERE ARE NO JOBS FOR THEM TO DO!

Seriously, are the American people stupid enough to fall for this crap?

If the government can produce the money for welfare,

they can create the jobs.

It's not all that difficult.

Yes it is that difficult. Do you create jobs where they didn't exist before, put a management structure, a HR structure etc, in place to create jobs which weren't needed otherwise they would already be there? That creates a tax overhead that is actually more than the cost of paying welfare. That isn't so difficult to understand, is it?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

How do you ensure a 'safe and fair' playing field if regulations are only at the local level, but corporations have political power that spans beyond national boundaries?
You would have had to read more than just that one post. Basically, corporations as they exist now would not be permitted.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by Dragoon01

What I am for is for government to have little to no regulatory power over business. Thats not because I want corporations to be all powerful. Its because I fear and distrust government WAY more than corporations. Corporations can be taken to court with a reasonable chance of acheiving success. Government....not so much.
Corporations can be avoided by not purchasing their products. Government...not so much.

So in essence, your philosophy is that a company that exists SOLELY to expand it's profit margin at an ever and infinitely increasing level, no matter the destruction it does to its surrounding environs, is something you trust more than a system of laws and regulations meant to give you a level of protection unheard of throughout history?

Short answer? Yes. A little longer answer? Hell yes. Longer answer? Government does not have our best interests at heart. If you believe that they do, you must not be paying attention to our multi TRILLION dollar deficit.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

What if there are not enough jobs to go around?
Get the God damned(I mean this literally) federal government out of the way and let the free market reassert itself without their pro-corporate biased interference and watch jobs spring up like weeds.

ok.

Then you want corporations to further outsource jobs to mexico,korea,china,brazil and taiwan.
None is so blind as he who refuses to see.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This entire thread is what is wrong with the world.

We need to shoot for "post-Scarcity"
Economics is just a throw back from the age of Serfdom.
A Measure of Control nothing more.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by xuenchen

You're forgetting the one major factor in all of this...

THERE ARE NO JOBS FOR THEM TO DO!

Seriously, are the American people stupid enough to fall for this crap?

If the government can produce the money for welfare,

they can create the jobs.

It's not all that difficult.

Yes it is that difficult. Do you create jobs where they didn't exist before, put a management structure, a HR structure etc, in place to create jobs which weren't needed otherwise they would already be there? That creates a tax overhead that is actually more than the cost of paying welfare. That isn't so difficult to understand, is it?

No it's not difficult.

The governments have plenty of management in place.

Just put jobs in place to assist existing needs in all neighborhoods.

Very easy.

Some of the current "welfare" workers themselves are qualified to be leaders of miniscule tasks.

I think some people are getting very Nervous about this actually happening soon !!

There's plenty of jobs not being done.

Get ready to work......the government Has done this before !!!!!

Get ready for the brand new "new deal"

Call your Congressman for details.

A little tweeking and prest-O chang-O !!

The Civilian Conservation Corps United States for unemployed, unmarried men from relief families, ages 17–23. A part of the New Deal of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, it provided unskilled manual labor jobs related to the conservation and development of natural resources in rural lands owned by federal, state and local governments. The CCC was designed to provide employment for young men in relief families who had difficulty finding jobs during the Great Depression while at the same time implementing a general natural resource conservation program in every state and territory. Maximum enrollment at any one time was 300,000; in nine years 2.5 million young men participated.

The American public made the CCC the most popular of all the New Deal programs.[1] Principal benefits of an individual’s enrollment in the CCC included improved physical condition, heightened morale, and increased employability. Of their pay of $30 a month, $25 went to their parents.[2] Implicitly, the CCC also led to a greater public awareness and appreciation of the outdoors and the nation's natural resources; and the continued need for a carefully planned, comprehensive national program for the protection and development of natural resources.[3]

During the time of the CCC, volunteers planted nearly 3 billion trees to help reforest America, constructed more than 800 parks nationwide and upgraded most state parks, updated forest fire fighting methods, and built a network of service buildings and public roadways in remote areas.[4]
The Civilian Conservation Corps

Tick Tock ... Tick Tock ... Tick Tock ...

$15.6 trillion and counting UP UP UP !!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Where will you plant that garden? They already stole most of the homes in America. Those on the dole will likely be stuck in "public" housing, eventually.

Who is they? The people on welfare? I'm confused. I thought "they" gave everyone plenty of opportunity to get ahead? How could "they" steal anything? According to you it is all the fault of the individual.

You are right to be pissed. You just need to get straight in your mind who you are pissed at. It shouldn't be the individuals on welfare. It is the "they" you refer to. The "they" that wants everyone to be their slave.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Where will you plant that garden? They already stole most of the homes in America. Those on the dole will likely be stuck in "public" housing, eventually.

Who is they? The people on welfare? I'm confused. I thought "they" gave everyone plenty of opportunity to get ahead? How could "they" steal anything? According to you it is all the fault of the individual.

You are right to be pissed. You just need to get straight in your mind who you are pissed at. It shouldn't be the individuals on welfare. It is the "they" you refer to. The "they" that wants everyone to be their slave.
The "they on the dole" earns my ire by expecting me to pay for their problems when I have my own kids to take care of.

The "they" in the quoted post refers to our beloved government, who in their all encompassing benevolence has decided that unfettered property ownership is not in the nation's best interest. Thus they charge ever higher rent; under the guise of property tax; to ensure that you must play by their rules or lose the property you supposedly "own".

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think it's a good idea to provide daycare for a short time, and with strict rules if the goverment (we the people) are expected to help....I don't mind giving a "hand up"....but I am also not going to pay for someone who sleeps around and CONTINUES having babies they can't take care of.

I'm all for privacy etc, but....

The mother should be expected to practice birth control (in reference to women having babies to various fathers and can't support them etc)

She should have to pay back the money once she is able to....

There are women who just need some help who are not irresponsible....but too many people play the system, and they mess it up for all...and that's a shame. I'm not saying I know how to implement all this, and I certainly don't want "big brother", but maybe it can be done, and actually REDUCE government dependency, by weeding out those who are playing the system and those who aren't. The people who only want some help to become self sufficient would not have a problem with following some rules and repaying the "loan".

things like that....NOT a free ride. The "free ride" mentality is what the problem is to begin with.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Romney to welfare mothers: ‘You need to go to work’
By David Edwards
Sunday, April 15, 2012 10:58 EDT -- The Raw Story

Romney said it ... yes he did !! Last January in New Hampshire.

People on welfare assistance need to have the responsibility to work !!
(he said words to that effect)

And he has a plan to go with it.
www.nytimes.com...
www.usgovernmentspending.com...
www.statisticbrain.com...
wiki.answers.com...

He would pay to provide daycare for the welfare kids as well !!

The article has the video.

“I wanted to increase the work requirement,” Romney told an audience in New Hampshire in January. “I said, for instance, that even if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work.”

“And people said, ‘Well that’s heartless.’ And I said, ‘No, no, I’m willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It’ll cost the state more providing that day care, but I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.’”

Republicans have spent the last week attacking President Barack Obama after a Democratic CNN contributor said that Ann Romney, who is the mother of five, had “never worked,” but it turns out that presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney has also said mothers on welfare “need to go to work.”

I would imagine exceptions would exist for medical reasons and handicaps

Put 'em to work ?

But what IF they say no !!

and want to be "stay at home parents"

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by yogi9969

Put 'em to work ?

But what IF they say no !!

and want to be "stay at home parents"

Fine. Stay home. Just pay your own bills, don't expect the taxpayer to pay for your choices.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

I would ask you "how you know" if I thought you didn't simply spout BS.

MYTH #3: The nation spends billions of dollars on welfare for undocumented immigrants.

FACTS: To the contrary, undocumented immigrants are not eligible to receive any “welfare” benefits and even legal immigrants are severely restricted in the benefits they can receive.

As the Congressional Research Service points out in a 2007 report, undocumented immigrants, who comprise nearly one-third of all immigrants in the country, are not eligible to receive public “welfare” benefits — ever.

Legal permanent residents (LPRs) must pay into the Social Security and Medicare systems for approximately 10 years

before they are eligible to receive benefits when they retire. In most cases, LPRs can not receive SSI, which is available only to U.S. citizens, and are not eligible for means-tested public benefits until 5 years after receiving their green cards.

blog.chron.com...

illegal alien can drop a anchor baby, U.S. govt. cant deny benefits to children born in the U.S.

Proof...

Judicial Watch

An example of who the state cuts the monthly checks to is an unemployed 43-year-old illegal immigrant from Mexico who gets $650 a month for each of her four children and about $500 in federal food stamps and other vouchers.

Its still chump change compared to what the state spends—between $4 billion and $6 billion annually—on schools, jails and hospitals for illegal immigrants. That doesn’t even include other local government costs such as police and fire, road maintenance and other public services.

The biggest chunk—$2.3 billion—goes to educating about 300,000 illegal immigrant children at public schools throughout the state. California expects to spend around $834 million to incarcerate nearly 20,000 illegal aliens in fiscal year 2009-2010 and well over $700 million to medically treat close to 800,000 illegal immigrants.

More than half the healthcare money will go to emergency services but a substantial portion will pay for nonemergency health services such as abortions, prenatal and postpartum care and even nursing homes.

When there is a will.....There is a way! Americans are getting sucked dry by illegals! Plain in simple!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yogi9969

You need to edit your post.

The OP does not have those 4 links.

Please edit.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join