It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could float/hover downstairs as a child...could you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dooleysleftleg

I can do that and I am 12 and I also have 5 other friend that can and they have seen me do it. This first happened when I was 9 with my friend and I was on my toilet washing my hands and I jumped off and I didn't fall and she screamed that I was floating and I looked down and fell but I knew it happened it has also happened about 10 times since. Hope this helps.
Your fellow floater

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dooleysleftleg
Last week a memory came back to me which I'd forgotten all about for many years. I had spoke of this and thought about it as an adult but not for a long time. I decided to try a search on the internet as that's how we learn everyhing these days ! There was very little I could find which fitted exactly to my own experience apart from a thread on Mr ickes forum!! The problem is most people with similar experiences alude to OOBE's or dreams.

What actually happened to me between the ages of 6 and 9 is slightly different. I would stand at the top of the stairs and grab the rail and the opposing wall and lift myself up. I would then stay just off the ground and could make myself float down without using any support from the wall or rail. I also recall staying off the ground when I pushed myself up off the sofa and armchair ARM,one either side of me.
I remember telling my sister and dad about it but could never reproduce it around others. I know it was not a dream and occured quite a few times as a youngster. My dad remembers me boasting about it when I asked him last week.

What I would love to know is if anyone else recalls anything like this and why you think it could be possible(especially with the naievety of a child's mind etc). I know a lot of you will scoff and ridicule this, and I realise why but I've tried to give an honest account and am not claiming I can do this now.I can't,I've tried!
Hi, you are the first person ive found that did the exact same as me, i am now 28 but have always clearly remembered as a child age between 5-7 my usual way to go downstairs would be to hold the rail, close my eyes, i would feel a strange light headed/floating sensation then when i open my eyes i would be at the bottom, although my eyes was closed i knew i did not walk down the stairs, i once told my older brother but of course he not believe me, i tried to show him but it did not work, after that i found i could float down stairs less often, then one day i tried to show my mother, it did not work again, then from that day it never happened again.. When i was older i thought those memories could not be how i remember, perhaps i did walk but was tranced, but still i knew i floated, so i did research and this is what i found.. I have read many stories of children all aged varied from 5-9yr old, each could only float in the first place it happened and nowhere else, for me and u it was stairs, for others it was a certain rail outside or their bed etc. And in many cases if any of these children tried to show anyone it then stopped happening. I think they must be something more to this, it cant be just a coincidence that so many have these memories and share so many similarities.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I definitely had this experience when I was around 5-8 years old. Held the rail...closed my eyes...felt a light headedness as I woodshed down the whole flight of stairs. I definitely hovered down them and I'm sure it was at some speed.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow, this is a slow moving thread. Don't know how I missed this one. I too remember something similar, but not quite the same. My grandparent's house had very steep steps. I remember tripping near the top, and floating to the bottom and softly landing on my feet. I know it was not a dream, and it was not imagined. Several times in my life, there have been instances where I think I would have died, but something saved me. I always thought it was divine intervention. Each time the "laws" of physics were ignored to save me. I don't know what I am being saved for, but I hope I haven't done it yet, just in case I need to be saved again.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RandomEsotericScreenname

Me as well but I think it was an OOBE .

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am shocked at how many people share this same "memory". The curious thing is that I am skeptic myself, but I lived this once, when I was about 4 years old I had a sensation, sort of an inner voice, that told me that I could fly, so I threw myself over the stairs and landed unharmed and graciously at the bottom. My mother saw it all, as she was in the kitchen downstairs, so she took me to the doctor to get checked, to see if there was any internal harm. Turns out I was untouched, the doctor said this might happen because children are rubber-like. All my life I have been also connected with flying in dreams, and I reckonize that "brainwave" or state of mind involved in the levitation. I have no doubt there might be a scientific explanation for this, but nevertheless it is a fascinating feeling I wish it was really true... who knows... Cool to know I am not alone in this

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm absolutely amazed at how many of us still recall being able to levitate/fly/float when they were little!!!! Omg actually teary about this! Maybe even a lil bit overwhelmed..
I have ALWAYS remembered doing this..since I was a baby..but that's not the ONLY issue that makes this extraordinary.... There is something else....
My brother remembers too!!
Thing is..neither of us brought up the subject for years..and then for whatever reason, one evening when we were about 16-17, we happened to be home alone, just hanging out together listening to music..and out of the complete blue I said "hey bro...do you remember when we really small and you and I shared a room that was kind of Two rooms in one and we use to flt around in there?".... My brother came off the chair jumping all over the place screaming and choking on his soda at the same time.
His face turned completely white!! He said that he couldn't believe I asked him that. He told me that the 2subject was something that came up over and over again during years of therapy, and hypnosis, etc...he thought he was crazy...oddly enough- I didn't even think about whether I was nuts...I was too busy trying to figure out HOW I was able to do this...and WHY...in fact I was so distressed when I realized I couldnt do it anymore, that I have had a hard time dealing with the loathing I have about gravity! Can't stand it! Drives me nuts, I swear!! ..... I am now CONVINCED that those of us who have this in common are likely to be indigo's, or starseeds and we are ALL experièñcing a.very powerful phenomenon right now. Its almost as though we are meant to be here, on earth RIGHT NOW at this particular time. We are on the edge of a major galactic shift ..into a new age altogether..and so many of us seem to be finding each other...its amazing really! And not only do we seem to share some incredible common memories, but most of us are also beginning to recognize other abilities we have..a great % of us are empaths of some form or another...and so on.
I'm glad that someone posted this question. Its definitely a good time for us to continue on our path towards higher awareness and truth, and to prepare ourselves for doing whatever we can to make this a better place, and take care of each other like we should be doing!!!
Welcome to the precipice of the age of Aquarius!! Are you ready??? Time to fly again....lol..and love to all!
;-)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hawking
Anyone here claiming to have the ability to levitate as a child is either confusing childhood dreams with reality or just totally full of crap. You were not floating around as a child, sorry to burst your delusional bubbles

In dreams it's another story, a lot of us dream of floating/levitating even as adults

Well, it was likely a dream I suppose. I have never understood why people get so angry at assertions that it wasn't a dream. Why does this upset you so much?

Regarding the OP: I had a similar experience, only it was floating above my bed and being dropped down into it. Tons of fun. But I felt like it was another force doing it to me. Maybe a dream... maybe not... Maybe just a mixed up memory.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hi. Is there anyone still active on this threat? Especially the person who created this threat I am very interested in contacting you. Me and my partner like to keep an open mind about everything, were not quick to judge or say something is impossible. We were walking to the shop together and I decided to tell her about been able to fly when I was younger, down the stairs EXACTLY how this post recalls, I've always told people this story ever since I can remember and have never had anyone say they could do it too until I told my partner and she was so shocked at what I was saying. I no it wasn't a dream I can remember the feelings clearly and remember running and telling my mam after then sitting having dinner. We decided to google it when we got in the house and on the way home I discussed how I have always thought there was more to our brains but we're dumbed down by been told we can't do this can't do that. By the things we eat. TV we watch. We have become disconnected. Maybe we all actually could do this. Yes it seems unrealistic but maybe realistic is the enemy, were on a rock flying round in infinate blackness isn't that unrealistic but it's true. If other people have anything extra to add to this or say towards it please do get in contact as I'm very interested on different views and experiences.

SNIP: Removed personal info
edit on 4/25/2018 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hello, I just stumbled across this post. Is it still somewhat active? I'm surprised to see so many people who have had this experience. It has been something that has stood with me all these years even into my adult life and I suspect will continue on as such unless I find some type of solid explanation. Here it goes:

I remember as a young child I would play alot with my cousins and as young ones do, run around and pretend to have powers etc.I was around 6-7 yrs old when one day we were comparing who could jump the highest and I remember thinking " I should show them I can fly". I don't remember if I had levitated/ floated before that but I must have since I knew I could do something that would get me the title of "highest jumper" hahaha. With that I decided I would jump over our couch in the living room which for a young kid,let alone a grown adult would be extremely difficult. I closed my eyes and concentrated on getting to the other side of the couch and somehow just pushed myself off the ground. I didn't even jump or run but more like just took a step off the ground and began floating, then landed softly on the other side. It was surreal and incredible. I even thought I would grow up and somehow have to help the world like a superhero lolol. But anyway, my cousins had ran off so no one was around
but I remember it would happen at the most random times and though there was family around and I would quite literally scream my head off for them to look at me when it happened, only for them to turn/arrive a fraction of a second too late! However, one day it happened and this time I was DETERMINED to get someone to notice. The closest there were my 2 aunts having coffee in the living room so with all my little lungs I screamed and actually cried bloody murder lol for them just to turn in time and see me. And as one would expect, their faces were absolutely terrified! LOL Well, they kind of just ignored it (the explanation later was that they couldn't really fathom what they saw & were in shock) We talked about this incident years later as I was trying to understand what happened and what they thought, but none of us could explain it. All I know is it did happen, didn't last into adulthood of course (stopped around 8 yrs old) But man is it one hell of a childhood memory 😂😂

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread, wow.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I'm so happy I found this posted. I'm 33 years old and a Mom of two now. I have a vivid memory between the ages of 4 and 8 of being able to fly. I was not asleep. I remember flying down the stairs and around the living room. I remember I could only do this at certain times when I was alone but I felt like I could do it anytime. I still do feel like if i could just get back that ability i know how it feels and how to do it. This memory of flying is very vivid and real. Ir was not a dream although I have had dreams of flying as well. The dreams were always easy to recognize as such. The memories are different than the dreams

I created an account to just to reply because for most of my adult life I have wondered why I so clearly have these memories.

Thanks so posting and making me feel a little less crazy!

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: d3atH

Do you have these memories as well? I do!

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Necro-thread! YAY!

I was at a wedding reception one time where this older guy claimed he could hover over water.

All the other parents laughed and said he was drunk. So he got really mad and started going around betting people he could do it. They had an enclosed pool in the back of their house where the reception was being held. This guy was pretty hard-core about it and bet a bunch of money. (don't remember how much, but a lot!). The more he said he could do it, the more people who said he couldn't.

Came time to put up, or shut up.

He goes over to the side of the pool and does this crazy ritual like Capt. Kangaroo on mind altering drugs (wait...oh, nevermind). Then he goes full-on Dali Lama. He starts doing this Tinkerbell hand fluttering thing and rises up...on his tip toes. It looked pretty convincing (to me, as a 9 year old). He steps out over the water. It looks like he's really going to pull this off!! Wow!!

Just as soon as his center of gravity passed the edge of that pool...he dropped like a stone right to the bottom of the deep end of the pool!!! **KER-SPLUNK!** The fat old man in the tux just turned himself into Aqua-Dork with a toupee.

Gawd, the whole place fell apart crackin' up. Turns out the old geezer can't swim either! He really thought he could do it. So some other folks had to fish his whale ass up out of the pool.

After that, I always called Martini's "Martooni's" coz they made people do crazy stuff, and that guy had more than just a few too many Martooni's.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Neddie

YES to all of what you wrote! I remember this so well as a child. It was not a dream. I have wondered why I had the memory and why I still feel like I have the ability to fly but cant seem to do it after a certain age. I was shocked when I found this thread. For the first time I have found other people who have this memory too.

It's veryinteresting! I'd be willing to talk to you about it!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I just randomly recalled my memories of flying a few minutes ago and decided to search it up to see if other people experienced the same thing and i'm shocked that so many people also remember flying!! For me, it wasn't particularly down or up the stairs though. I remember when I was 4-5, I used to climb the doorframe at home a lot and thats how I would normally start floating in the air. I literally remember climbing the doorframes just to fly and I remember telling my siblings about it afterward, and this happened on many different occasions. I don't think it was a dream because it was clearly my home, and it wasn't distorted or anything. Please respond if you also had the same experience with climbing doorframes and not just stairs!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I can't say I can recall ever floating or hovering, but many MANY dreams I've had looked and felt exactly like this:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join