It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could float/hover downstairs as a child...could you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Several times in my long life I've dreamed of flying. On more than one occasion I awoke while in the process and had a clear memory of making it happen with a particular altered brainwave state. I've told others how remarkable real it seemed. The important factor was that I absolutely knew that if I could recreate that same weird stage of mind while awake than I could fly then too.

Actually several posters alluded to the same thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dooleysleftleg

Here is a similar thread to which I posted a while back. This phenomena is extremely interesting to say the least.

Do you remember floating down the stairs?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by sepermeru
started on 8/29/2011 @ 11:37 PM
edit on 4/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I can still float in the air. I do it everyday.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PulsusMeusGallo
I didn't have a downstairs.

8,990sft on one level.

I am feeling a little left out myself as well...Double dang my parents for being too cheap to get more than one floor in the house.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

That is pretty interesting. I take you both didn´t have the floating dreams?

I´m going out on a limb here but that makes me think it was real even more.

Off course it could just be the knowledge of having the stairs in your house that makes it appear in a dream but still.

Maybe we should do a poll and see what the floating down stairs dream/ no floating dream, one level house ratio is.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

That is pretty interesting. I take you both didn´t have the floating dreams?

I´m going out on a limb here but that makes me think it was real even more.

Off course it could just be the knowledge of having the stairs in your house that makes it appear in a dream but still.

Maybe we should do a poll and see what the floating down stairs dream/ no floating dream, one level house ratio is.

I did not have the "floating down the stairs dream". You are correct. I did/do have the feeling of floating at times while I am dozing off. I attribute it to being half asleep and half awake.

I will have to ask my daughter if she ever remembers floating down the steps as my husband and I had a two story home when she was 2 through 7...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Very interesting to find out that others have
experienced this flying aspect in a dream state.
I still have these dreams from time to time. I have
also drempt that I was walking very fast in an
effortless pace covering a lot of territory in the least
ammount of time. Wonder what it all means. Anyone
out there knowledgable in dream interpritation able to
explain this? Is the subconcious releasing one from
the stresses of everyday life by letting one fly and feel
free for a little while? Dont know

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I dreamed I jumped 4 stories down a stairwell and was able to walk away after crushing tiles with my feet on landing.. I awoke frightened. A week after this my feet began to ache so badly I went to the doctor. It lasted a month. They are fine now.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
When I was young, up to the age of about 15, I had very vivid dreams where I was able to fly, walk through walls, move things with my mind, and it seemed normal, like it was my default state. These abilities seemed to normal to me that when I woke up I was confused that I could not do these things. The boundary between my dreaming life and waking life was very blurred back then.

It wasn't like in my dreams I had to learn how to deal with being able to fly, or use telekinesis. It was natural there. In my waking life, I had to adjust to NOT doing these things...

Exciting times! I couldn't wait to get back to sleep each night and get back to it.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When I was younger I remember a couple incidents where I would stare at an object and it would duplicate (in real time). It was weird. I'm not claiming anything but it really did happen when I was awake.

Another weird one was that one day I woke up from a deep sleep and sat up in my bed. I felt this tingly feeling in my hand (as if I was sleeping on it all night and it got numb). I stretched my fingers and I see a blue spark about 1 inch long come from my finger tips. It scare the crap out of me. I could never duplicate that again but it was definitely a blue spark of sorts. It could have been static but I wasn't touching anything at the time.

I'm pretty sure the human body can do amazing things with the right concentration and focus. Look at Buddhist monks as a perfect example of the human feats that can be accomplished.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooleysleftleg
I was expecting a lot of people to say it happens/ed to them in dreams. I know this was a long time ago but I'm as certain as I can be that it happened whilst awake. Firstly it was always daytime, secondly the rooms where it occured were exactly as they should be with no dream like distortions. thirdly I remember running to my sister and telling her about it immediately after one of the episodes. I just think that there could possibly be abilities that are inherant in our brains and psyche but as we get older, due to the limits our elders impose upon us such as parents and teachers, and also what we watch,read and hear in popular culture have an effect that stops our brain from focusing on and learning these 'alternative' functions.

Some OBE/AP/Lucid dreaming can feel MORE real than physical life. So I wouldn't be so sure.

At least you know 100% the experience was real, OBE or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I had the exact same thing happen to me when I was a kid too. I would hop from my top bunk and would land about a few inches from the floor and hover while I glided downstairs to the rec room. I would fly around the room, but I hit the wall one time and my mom called out "who's down there?" Then I seemed to of "woken up" and I standing in the room and not floating anymore. My parents told me I was a sleepwalker.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dooleysleftleg

Man I thought i was alone. Seriously I know this wasn't a dream I levitated/floated twice as a kid around the same age as you no BS. I was walking down the step of my grandmas apartment building and when I got to the second to last or the last step (cant quite recall which one) I levitated from the step to the apartment door. I've kept this in for so many years and have not told anyone cause who the hell would believe that. Please email me at [email protected] so we can talk more and that goes for anyone who has had this truly happen to them.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I've had the experience too.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dooleysleftleg

You weren't dreaming, let me explain how I know. I am an autistic with specific skills in memorizing things like sensations and events. I can feel the difference between dreams (even lucid dreams) and reality. Unlike most people my brain does not change or make up memories because of the autism, I memorize things exactly. I remember the feeling of levitation and I have memories of levitation, for example : once I was sitting down with my legs crossed outside, I floated upwards into the air and stayed perfectly still as I floated, I memorized that event when it happened, it felt normal to me back then, I can even remember everything around me and the noises I heard, the smell of the air, and the feeling I had in my feet as I floated. A year or so later I couldn't do it anymore, When it stopped I had dreams about how I was capable of floating and how it worked, I would float up for 10 seconds and slowly come back down, when I touched the ground I could go back up. These dreams reminded me that I could do that in real life but had forgetting how after 11 years old, I missed it so much that in real life I tried running and jumping into the air, nothing worked, I even tried jumping off a high area for 15 mins everyday, remember when I mentioned the sensation in my feet, I still feel it when I try to float, I just don't go up. It's not just floating though. Since it stopped working weird things keep happening, a lot of the time my drinks fly out of the cup and splash me, I'm completely still, so is the cup, suddenly it jumps up, my friends have witnessed it, I also tried teleporting once because I had a memory of doing it a month back to get to the shop and as a kid in school I remember playing hiding games with friends and they said I could teleport, I couldn't blame them, I just remember running around a corner with no people and suddenly I'm in an empty room with a locked door next to the corner and I can hear everyone, keep in mind I memorize events and never edit or forget them. I also get random flashes in my head of events that haven't happened, it randomly happens the odd time when I'm just sitting there, I get a flash in my head of a memory that hasn't happened and I watch it happen later on, the best example is when I was at a summer camp for 2 weeks, I got a flash in my head of a teacher asking me a very private question about girls in the next five minutes in a very specific area that I had never been to before so I couldn't of made it up, 5 minutes later the teacher approached me, brought me there and asked me the question, it was about if I liked anyone from her group, they were all girls and I'm a guy you see, but it made no sense, I didn't know the teacher, I had never been to, seen or heard of the area and yet it all happened, I used this to my advantage and was the only guy that got to hang out with the girls only group in a camp separating guys and girls into separate groups. I used it to my advantage a lot when ever an event flashed into my head, one I even told my mum every number on her scratch card before he scratched it because she didn't believe me. Unexplained things just keep happening to me. Don't think your dreaming, believe it.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I had recurring dreams as a very young child that seemed real to me. I remember every morning, a lady would take me for a walk through a garden filled with lavender, in the soft light of dawn, and I'd hear birds singing in the trees, particularly the cooing of pigeons. Everything was saturated in a gentle purple tinge of colour. The lady was like an aunt or something like that, someone who knew me. She told me I'd always come back. I thought these walks were a reality until I got a little older and realised they must've been dreams.

I also got this one where I'd be floating down the stairs, then slip through a gap in the stairs and fall into a black abyss.

Sometimes, when you're very young, you confuse dreams with reality. I had these dreams when I was still in the cot, so around 2 years old. Aside from one thing which I've confirmed was real, these dreams are all I remember from that age. I had lucid dreams from a pretty young age. But that's all they are - dreams.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Add me to the list of floating dreamers, still have those dreams from time to time. alot of the times I am being chased down and just kind of jump down a mess of them to gain some distance from them, occasionally, I just jump all of them. but I've also manage to float straight up in some of the dreams, and with those, it's like I am aware of a certain feeling, sensation in by body that I think if I could duplicate in a waking state, I could do it...

I've also managed to bend space/time occasionally while traveling from one place to the other, getting there much sooner than I should have been able to, while awake, once in my friend's van, she was driving. there's a sensation, or feeling with that one also, that if I could duplicate, I could repeat it. Maybe I had some help from the unseen world on this, but well, there's a feeling like energy rotating within my gut when this happens.

I've been tempted a few times to jump the stairs, but well, probably isn't a good idea..... maybe I'll wait till I have someone chasing me with the intent of killing me to try it, that way, the results will probably be the same if it doesn't work.

try to take note of the feelings and sensations you have in your dream...

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Us kids used to put wool socks on our hands, hold on to both handrails and "fly" down the stairs never touching a step. Developed some serious back oblique and pects for our ages just goofing around.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I know it's difficult for people to believe strange things can happen when they have not experienced such things. I can tell you with all honesty that I remember hovering. I was maybe 2 and a half years old. I woke up one morning, I was still positioned the same way I was when I went to sleep but myself, my sheets, pillow and blanket were on the floor. I was confused as to why I was on the floor. I got up and folded the sheets and blanket into a square on the floor and for some reason stood in front of the square. I leaned back then lifted my legs up, I was hovering over the bedding for a bit then fell down onto it. I don't know how I did it. Only days or weeks after that I had my first experience with magnets. I walked into my sisters brothers room (my sister and I have different fathers), he had magnets on his dresser. I picked one up and put it over another one, it hovered over the other magnet for about 3 seconds before it flipped over and attached to the other magnet. I couldn't replicate that since. When I was around 12-14, I also remember running down the sidewalk, jumping into the air to see how many sidewalk blocks I could jump over. Sometimes I would not come down for a long time and would float through the air. I have had so many strange things happen, I couldn't possibly list them all off here.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DKinslow

I also had dreams of floating, but I could only fly for a short distance. There was always a slight downward push, so I would have to keep jumping into the air and glide for a ways. Then there are the parts where I think I am falling off a cliff and at some point my whole body jerks as a reaction to the fall and I often wake up at that point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join