It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real MSM and how they report..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A Harley Biker is riding by the zoo in Washington, DC, when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents.

The biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.

Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl, and the biker brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A reporter has watched the whole event.

The reporter addressing the Harley rider says, 'Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I've seen a man do in my whole life.'

The Harley rider replies, 'Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger and acted as I felt right.'

The reporter says, 'Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page... So, what do you do for a living and what political affiliation do you have?'

The biker replies, ‘I'm a U.S. Marine and a Republican’

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the paper to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on the front page:

“U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH”

...and THAT pretty much sums up the media's approach to the news these days...

I posted this in off-topic but i didn't get many views....so i will share it here..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

It's all about entertainment now. Apparently ours lives are such that we must be entertained at all times. Even murders (OJ, Casey Anthony, Martin, Michael Jackson) have turned into entertainment.

Even our wars are becoming televised for our entertainment. It's sick. I suppose it is what most people want, otherwise responsible journalism would come back into being.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'll reply with two of my own real life ones...

What happened...

We at Occupy decided to squat a restaurant/house that had been unnocupied for almost 2 years, one of the women involved gave us the tip as the restaurant is owned by people she knows.

As we know we are not allowed to break in we decided to book a viewing with the state agents, 3 Occupiers went to this, an older lady of almost 60, a woman in her 40's and a young university student of 18.

During the viewing the older woman distracted the state agent while the other left doors and windows unlocked.

Later that night we climbed in through a window, opened the door and let the group in.

Our plan was to re-open the restaurant, use the big room for presentations/work shops/red pill films, offer free tea and coffee for people, use the other rooms to house the decent homeless people we met at the Occupy camps (not the drunk retards homeless ones though, they just drag u down and dont contribute)

What the papers reported:

THe anti-capitalist group broke windows and doors to get in, they also refused to let the owners back to their property which they use to sleep in on weekends.

--------------------------

ANother one:

What happened:

After a football game there was a lot of people at the train station, cops and rail workers were trying to get as many ppl as possible on to the trains.

As things were getting tight people could not handle it, so they started getting angry with the cops and workers as they were getting crushed in the train.

The football fans got angry and started swearing at cops and pushing people back out.

What they reported:

Football hooligans cause trouble at train station,

-----

There are two more stories I could list but I am not 100% sure at what happened but is clear the MSM did the same....

In one we had the BBC come down to report on our Occupy site, I heard the reporter was really nice and supportive and was a good report on what Occupy was about.

From what I heard the report was edited in a really bad way.

The BBC reporter came down to the site the next day early in the morning to apologise to my Occupy camp about the way the report was edited...

----

And today I am not sure what happened but a person involved in the news paper article has literally just updated her Facebook saying that report was 50% lies...

She was involved in car accident yesterday... in this report

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk...

The report says 4 cars were involved... it was just 2

The "young woman" is my friend, shes ok btw, just whiplash.

No wonder MSM news are loosing so many viewers...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xality
I'll reply with two of my own real life ones...

What happened...

We at Occupy decided to squat a restaurant/house that had been unnocupied for almost 2 years, one of the women involved gave us the tip as the restaurant is owned by people she knows.

As we know we are not allowed to break in we decided to book a viewing with the state agents, 3 Occupiers went to this, an older lady of almost 60, a woman in her 40's and a young university student of 18.

During the viewing the older woman distracted the state agent while the other left doors and windows unlocked.

Later that night we climbed in through a window, opened the door and let the group in.

Our plan was to re-open the restaurant, use the big room for presentations/work shops/red pill films, offer free tea and coffee for people, use the other rooms to house the decent homeless people we met at the Occupy camps (not the drunk retards homeless ones though, they just drag u down and dont contribute)

What the papers reported:

THe anti-capitalist group broke windows and doors to get in, they also refused to let the owners back to their property which they use to sleep in on weekends.

You 'distracted' the state worker so you could lay plans to reenter illegally and over take a property you don't own. This is why people don't like OWS. You have no respect. Do you really want to live in a country with no property rights? If you really do that just shows how stupid and limited in imagination you are. A person's property represents their wealth which represents their labor and energy and stewardship of their natural assets. A country without property rights is a country without freedom. Read Ayn Rand and get a clue.

--------------------------

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

Yes, whatever you say, this thread was about the MSM reporting but shows you lack the intelligence to keep on topic and go on to attack someone you have never met or even have the slightest clue about their values and morals, I wont reply to any further replies as I'd be de-railing the thread from its actual point.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
still...

was a great story..

thanks!!

top topics

join