It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Declares War on Natural Gas With A New Executive Order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't know how this was overrlooked, we at ATS are usually on top of things going on, but I found this online and thought that this was very newsworthy. Conveniently done on the day before the start of the weekend and with the help of the mainstream media another Executive Order was issued by President Obama.
I can only speculate the far reaching aspects that this will cause for all of us. I don't know the full extent of the implications of such occurance that would require an Executive Order.
Is it an innocent attempt of protecting us from the high cost of rising gas or something more, only time will tell.

Sara Noble

Today, in the Friday dump, Obama issued another Executive Order or Fiat if you will. The Executive Order will slow down natural gas production with over-reaching agencies and regulations. None of this will be run by Congress who have become irrelevant..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I don't know much about the methods and politics of extracting natural gas, but isn't "fracking" a big part of the picture? If this new executive order places more regulations and demands for more accountability and research into this particular phase of natural gas resourcing, then I'm all for it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This caught my eye.

To formalize and promote ongoing interagency coordination, this order establishes a high-level, interagency working group that will facilitate coordinated Administration policy efforts to support safe and responsible unconventional domestic natural gas development.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Another agency to usher in the administrations edicts.

Did I fall asleep and wake up in a dictatorship?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This will have major economic implications in the south. Gas drilling is included in the oilfield industry. So many people depend on this, and Im afraid of what this will mean for the general laborers in this field. Im all for safety, but lets not forget about the little people.

link   
What is next?

He declared war on coal before he was elected.

I think he wants us to stop using energy period.

NO, WAIT, he didn't declare war on foreign oil yet....... DID HE?

In that respect, he is like GW Bush.

link   

While natural gas production is carried out by private firms, and States are the primary regulators of onshore oil and gas activities, the Federal Government has an important role to play by regulating oil and gas activities on public and Indian trust lands, encouraging greater use of natural gas in transportation, supporting research and development aimed at improving the safety of natural gas development and transportation activities, and setting sensible, cost-effective public health and environmental standards to implement Federal law and augment State safeguards.

So, why do we have to control the natives land again? Haven't we stolen enough already? Mind you this is where I stopped reading to post, continuing on.

A well rounded group of individuals. On the face front, it actually looks like a good clean EO, with the exception of the Indian trust lands. I wonder what kind of creeps they want to put in their, I have no doubt this is not altruistic.
edit on 15-4-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

This caught my eye.

To formalize and promote ongoing interagency coordination, this order establishes a high-level, interagency working group that will facilitate coordinated Administration policy efforts to support safe and responsible unconventional domestic natural gas development.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Another agency to usher in the administrations edicts.

Did I fall asleep and wake up in a dictatorship?

Excuse my ignorance, but, what does this mean to you, Beezer, that it equates a dictatorship. Don't you think the data and outrage over the fall out of fracking is deserving of some kind of action, if so, how do you think this should be accomplished?

If I'm incorrect in assuming that fracking is the major concern here, my apologies.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The actual EO does address fracking but in a secondary manner. What concerns me is on one hand, he's saying that more authority towards safety will be at the state level, but overseen by a new level of government bureaucracy answerable to the president (the administration).

If it's on the states, then why aren't the state representatives involved? Aren't they suposed to be the ones that respesent us in DC?

Hence my reason for using the term dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I don't know much about the methods and politics of extracting natural gas, but isn't "fracking" a big part of the picture? If this new executive order places more regulations and demands for more accountability and research into this particular phase of natural gas resourcing, then I'm all for it.

These people plan years in advance - they have been laying the anti-fracking propaganda thick and fast - most of it seems to be just that - propaganda!

April 14, 2012 Fracking Vindicated By Gary Jason

The environmental left views the incredible rebirth of the American fossil fuel industry, wrought by unconventional methods (fracking and horizontal drilling), with alarm and disgust. The idea that the United States could easily fulfill all of its energy needs by utilizing its great domestic reserves of fossil fuels arouses their collective anger, and they have been battling this technology via every means at their disposal

The enviros have run a massive and effective propaganda campaign with documentaries and advertising suggesting that fracking contaminates water supplies and is killing animals and people. They have waged interminable lawsuits at the local, state, and federal level to stop or slow the expansion of the extraction of unconventional oil and gas. And they have used the regulatory agencies -- especially the EPA, Department of the Interior, and Department of the Agriculture -- to halt the use of this technology on private lands and to keep it from expanding onto public hands. Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

That's funny. I guess Ohio either didn't hear what the president said, or just don't care what he said. New Gas Drilling Leases are all over local news here as a boon to cash strapped Ohio.

State House passes parks-drilling bill

Natural gas drilling boom expected in the Akron-Canton area

Gas well snapshot shows high-producing Ohio wells

U.S. Shale Bubble Inflates After Near-Record Prices for Untested Fields

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Real reason for the EO is MONEY.

Nothing else.

Obama couldn't care less about safety or environmental issues with Nat Gas.

Here is the reason:

Natural gas futures in New York dropped below $2 per million British thermal units for the first time in a decade on a growing supply glut caused by mild weather and record production.

Gas is down 33 percent this year, making it the worst performer on the Standard & Poor’s GSCI (SPGSCI) commodity index. U.S. stockpiles last month were at an all-time high for the season after the lower 48 states experienced the warmest March on record. Production has climbed, driven by gains at shale formations from Texas to Pennsylvania.

“The bulls continue to make a stand at every support level but there’s no fundamental reason to be long right now,” said Phil Flynn, senior market analyst at PFGBest Research in Chicago.

Natural gas for May delivery declined 3 cents, or 1.5 percent, to $2.001 per million British thermal units at 1:35 p.m. on the New York Mercantile Exchange after sliding to $1.999, the lowest intraday price since Jan. 29, 2002.

Natural Gas Futures Fluctuate After Drop to Decade Low

related article:

The plunge in natural-gas prices over the past few months has had a surprising side effect: Investors love trading the plummeting commodity.

Even as prices have touched decade lows and despite sizable losses for some funds, investors bullish and bearish, small and large have flocked to the market, driving up trading volumes in natural-gas futures by 30% in the first quarter.
As Natural Gas Cools, Trading Sizzles

It's All about M-o-n-e-y !!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
well, they are producing so much of it, they are running out of places to store it

total non story

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
well, they are producing so much of it, they are running out of places to store it

total non story
True.

The company that I work for did some work at a job site recently where a gas supplier is pumping gas into the ground for storage. I wish it made more sense to me. Fracking like mad here in PA, then pumping the gas back into the ground to store it because they have more than they can sell. But that all has to do with supply, demand and prices.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I do love the new propaganda these days-if the president wants to reform anything, he's declaring war on it.

Can we get any more sensationalistic?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

God forbid the Obama Administration would allow citizens to enjoy low heating bills for once !!

I agree the fracking issues are there, but why doesn't the White House simply invest money into better techniques instead of forcing the price increases ??

It's All about M-o-n-e-y !!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is only phase 1... they are implementing federal control of everything.. slowly, so it doesn't bother you so much.. wait til they declare martial law!

it is said that once martial law takes effect,it will be more than a little difficult to get your rights back.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has broad powers in every aspect of the nation.
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

I think this is the "develop plans to establish control" part!

edit on 15-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well congress can stop an EO if they want to but I doubt they will. They are all in bed together and this is how they get stuff done without congress being to blame. EO's become binding if congress does nothing within a certain amount of time.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Wrong forum, sorry
edit on (4/15/1212 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

total non story
True.

The company that I work for did some work at a job site recently where a gas supplier is pumping gas into the ground for storage. I wish it made more sense to me. Fracking like mad here in PA, then pumping the gas back into the ground to store it because they have more than they can sell. But that all has to do with supply, demand and prices.

Well looking at it from a conspiracy perspective perhaps they are storing it for easier access during an TEOTWAWKI sencario?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You have to remember that this president can't sneeze without being called a tyrant anymore.

Fracking isn't regulated by the EPA and it seems to be causing earthquakes. Natural gas is really cheap in America, why do we need to do this any more than we already are?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join