It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Unexplored Frontier On Earth - Deep Ocean Mysteries and Wonders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
First off, I used the search function and didn't see this latest video anywhere and mods if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it to the appropriate one.

In the deepest, darkest parts of the oceans are ecosystems with more diversity than a tropical rainforest. Taking us on a voyage into the ocean -- from the deepest trenches to the remains of Titanic -- marine biologist David Gallo explores the wonder and beauty of marine life. For those of you who are familiar with David Gallo's work, consider this an update.

latest video;

Previous videos;

David Gallo shows jaw-dropping footage of amazing sea creatures, including a color-shifting cuttlefish, a perfectly camouflaged octopus, and a Times Square's worth of neon light displays from fish who live in the blackest depths of the ocean.

With vibrant video clips captured by submarines, David Gallo takes us to some of Earth's darkest, most violent, toxic and beautiful habitats, the valleys and volcanic ridges of the oceans' depths, where life is bizarre, resilient and shockingly abundant.

Sorry couldn't find this video on youtube but here's a link to view it on TED;
www.ted.com...

Another individual who is doing the same work as David Gallo is Robert Ballard;

Ocean explorer Robert Ballard takes us on a mindbending trip to hidden worlds underwater, where he and other researchers are finding unexpected life, resources, even new mountains. He makes a case for serious exploration and mapping. Google Ocean, anyone?

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Fascinating! Some amazing creatures down there!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Very cool thanks for the post. I love the changing octopus'.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Glad you both enjoyed it!

I liked the under water rivers and waterfalls (who knew the largest waterfall in the world was actually under water!)....also really enjoyed the vampire squid and jellyfish with the flashing neon lights!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Very cool, and very informative. It's amazing the wonders our own planet holds beneath the surface of the oceans. The diversity of life is incredible and it is amazing how in some cases it defies what we percieve as habitable. I wish science would put more of an effort into studying our oceans. We need to be the masters of our own planet before we travel to the stars.

I also find the underwater geological features amazing. To have waterfalls, rivers, ponds, lakes, and mountain ranges under there almost jaw dropping in some cases. I wish I could go explore them for myself. Also all of the natural resources that are being discovered could produce a whole new industry for us humans. Although we would just find a way to do it poorly and destroy the natural habitats in the process, but it is a nice thought.

Anyways great thread. I always love to learn more about our oceans.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Any one have anything further to add to these discoveries now that some time has passed..really would like to see if there are any updates.

top topics

join