page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
This explains the whole dinosaur thing.
So dinosaurs were heroes of old, men of renown?

I think the dinosaurs helped fertilize Terra Nova after the Terraforming of Third Rock from Sun.

Oh wait - that's a different discussion

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
This explains the whole dinosaur thing.
So dinosaurs were heroes of old, men of renown?

I think the dinosaurs helped fertilize Terra Nova after the Terraforming of Third Rock from Sun.

Oh wait - that's a different discussion

I've a bit-o-neanderthal in me myself...

I'm working on it, I just like to provide the soundtrack to the topics

edit on 15-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Hydroman

First question:

Why are we using/going to to secular sources to define Biblical terms?

Probably because from the non-christian point of view, the bible itself is a secular source.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by jhill76

see you can;t get any of this type of stuff on religious forums...

they will tell you the sword coming out of Gods mouth in revelations is an actual 'sword' and other quaint metaphors are taken to the literal.

members on ATS religious section are flexible like that

edit on 15-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

Many add information in, in which they do not understand, or do not have all of the information. For example. (The predictions of many) Some may get accurate information on an upcoming event, but their mind adds in the date; because above surely does not give out dates. Then we all discount the prediction because the date has passed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Personally, I've pondered if at some point in our history, we've had a flip-flop of sorts.

Today, most of the known world is "civilized", so to speak. And small pockets of humans are sprinkled here and there who have never so much as seen any kind of "civilization".

But what if it was reversed at some point in the past? Maybe you had one advanced civilization, and everyone else was living far below that.

That one civilization would seem to be gods to the rest of the world. And their very existence, let alone influence, could foster whole belief systems, religions, and incredible tales.

Just a thought.
edit on 4/15/2012 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

hey it's all rockin' to me...

keep it coming!

we're gonna wake Annie

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I think it was ET Beings, not Angels. And it wasn't "a lust for sex" like religion says it was, it was Genetic Experiments with Human Beings and Themselves to produce a Hybrid Being. For a slave labor force. Well, now, we are like them.

Me too.

The Terra Papers makes the most sense to me of anything I've read. I'm not going to say "word for word" - - but along those lines.

I think the Universe is very political with multiple beings all vying for power. Not much different then our own world.

I think the "War in Heaven" was a real war between opposing powers for control of earth.

"Son's of God"? Or "Sun's of God" - - - as in ships glowing in the sun as they descend.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by jhill76

hey it's all rockin' to me...

keep it coming!

we're gonna wake Annie

I love Ambient Electronica.

For an Old Broad I'm "in the zone".

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I like it... because a sword can't really come out of a mouth.

Words can though. The sword that comes out of His mouth is the Word of God, the flaming two-edged sword.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

First question:

Why are we using/going to to secular sources to define Biblical terms?

Probably because from the non-christian point of view, the bible itself is a secular source.

Interesting. Well even if so, the Bible was written in Hebrew and Koine Greek, so why aren't we using Hebrew and Koine Greek definitions and Lexicons?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The book of enoch was accepted by the apostles as it was referred to with exact quotes. The book was removed from old testament because the jewish people did not like the prophecies that it contained. aIt also talks of the areas were they are kept and it sounds alot like a spaceship.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Interesting. Well even if so, the Bible was written in Hebrew and Koine Greek, so why aren't we using Hebrew and Koine Greek definitions and Lexicons?
Let's see your definitions. I'm down with that.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Yes please!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JaneC

I'm still trying to figure out if you're advocating that Fallen Angels had sex with human women and produced offspring....offspring that were some kind of hybrid creature. If this is the case, how did hybrid offspring arise from sexual reproduction? If these angels became pure human, why was there some kind of hybrid creature formed instead of normal human babies? If these angels still retained their old dna, how was it compatible with human dna to create offspring? It doesn't make since if all this was done through sexual reproduction. See what I'm asking?

Next, why weren't any of these fallen angels turned into women? Why were they all male? If I understand correctly, angels don't have a gender....
edit on 15-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

When that pastor calls back, ask him if Crocodiles are part human.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
In the order long ago, Father allowed "angels" (man's term to them), to come in the physical in the flesh to do various tasks. They would look just like a human and can do things humans can do. There was more trust in the beginning, than there is now. (Angels are not robots, and are not perfect either) Since some had taken to experience sex, Father does not allow "angels" to come into the physical like this. Only a limited basis, and your rank must be high for you to do this. Mostly elders and archs are allowed to do this.

As the order stands now, even guardian angels are to look away when there charge (human that they are protecting), are engaging in sexual activity.
So, does it mean that it's possible some angels have watched me rub one out? If so, that's hawt.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
In the order long ago, Father allowed "angels" (man's term to them), to come in the physical in the flesh to do various tasks. They would look just like a human and can do things humans can do. There was more trust in the beginning, than there is now. (Angels are not robots, and are not perfect either) Since some had taken to experience sex, Father does not allow "angels" to come into the physical like this. Only a limited basis, and your rank must be high for you to do this. Mostly elders and archs are allowed to do this.

As the order stands now, even guardian angels are to look away when there charge (human that they are protecting), are engaging in sexual activity.
So, does it mean that it's possible some angels have watched me rub one out? If so, that's hawt.

No, they are to turn away when this is done. (To prevent them from getting curious)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Agreed. Then we have to decide whether we use a Textus Receptus based lexicon, an Aland based lexicon, or other. Or we can just average them for a consensus.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

First of all, don't call them "mine", they simply "are".

Let me do this with your OP words from the OT and New, gimmie a few...

EDIT: Next page "angel" is defined Biblically in Hebrew and Koine Greek...

edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Agreed. Then we have to decide whether we use a Textus Receptus based lexicon, an Aland based lexicon, or other. Or we can just average them for a consensus.

I only use TR. Because I only consider TR-based bibles the Word of God. The other versions had tons of verses edited out at Alexandria. Example: The last 12 verses of Mark.

BRAVO!!!! I can talk with you, most people are utterly clueless about that outside of serious textual critics and historians.

edit on 15-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join