It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney further away from nomination than most realize.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by Carseller4

Fact of the Matter Is , Ron Paul needs to Break Away from the Republican Party NOW and Run as an Independent . His Chances of getting Elected Pres. that way is MORE Possible than some people think . The Country is Ripe for a Constitutional Uprising Against the Washington wannabe Dictatorship presently being Formed by Both Parties..........

" But when you realize WHY Paul will never run as an Indy, then you will understand why he is just playing a game himself.
"

That is Still Up for Debate . He has No Other Option Right Now , and Unfortunately , neither do We..........

I get that you have a great deal of enthusiasm for Paul. But you're opinion doesnt seem to take into account anything paul has actually said on the matter.

Paul wont run as indy because he knows it would jeopardize his son's political future from within the GOP. Thats the real purpose of his 2012 campaign, beyond getting his general idea out to a larger audience--building a strong foundation for his son in the coming years.

Paul has no pretenses of winning anymore. The only ones who dont get it are his more over-zealous but uninformed fans. And I say that as someone who appreciates Paul's politics a great deal.
edit on 15-4-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindcrime30
We bash the media for all their fear mongering and lies but if ATS was your only news source you would think the world was coming to an end 3 times a day, WW3 is happening tomorrow, the big earthquake is starting in 2
minutes, dont look out side its flooding, aliens are molesting your family, and Ron Paul is already in office

Well said! There is nothing to be added. Anyway, I am going to use this whole quote as my signature if you don't mind sir!

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

i didn't read the wall of text, but since i read the title, and it mentioned the political race...

*sigh*

Obama will totally win again, and then we are doomed.

/thread, /freedom..........

*sigh*

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Obama may very well win again, but this thread isn't about that, it's about Romney bleeding delegates in caucus states, and the media saying it doesn't matter, well it will matter in Tampa even if he has a majority if you have 750 delegates against you, that won't be an easy convention even though he wins it.
And this will be to Obama's advantage, no doubt.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I dont think there is anyone on ATS who pays enough attention to reality to make a comment n your thread. As it stands, it's just ron paul nuts saying he's actually winning, and people whining about Obama. I dont think anyone even read your OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I think that I understand the devotion that some have for Ron Paul on here. I was the same way about Obama once.

Anyway, the part where the guy asks why conservatism doesn't resonate with younger people made me think. I think the GOP should stop giving the spotlight to old, grumpy white men and get some actual minority conservatives into the fold.

Then again, it's just more political jockeying from both sides.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I think that I understand the devotion that some have for Ron Paul on here. I was the same way about Obama once.
reply to post by The Sword

Your comment is why I feel Obama is vulnerable to Ron Paul in a general election, Romney not so much.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Wow, I knew Ron Paul fans were delusional, but this is over the top.

Give it up guys. It's over.

Ron Paul is the only Member of Congress that won't take a bribe from Lobbyists, and yes, I will call it a bribe, which is what it is. Lobbyists know that they shouldn't even TRY to get in the door of his office, he won't talk to them, or accept any of their bribes. He is the ONLY Member of Congress who won't.

My question isn't "why are you a supporter of Dr Paul?". My question is "Why AREN'T you a supporter?"

To paraphrase Michael Douglas in "The American President' "The ACLU's only objective is to further American freedoms, so yes, I'm a proud member. My only question to you would be 'why aren't you' ? "

A vote for anyone other than Dr Paul is a vote for the corruption in Washington to continue, unabated, as ist has for decades.
edit on 16-4-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Your account says you live in Vanouver Canada.

Will you be voting for Ron Paul?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by babybunnies

Your account says you live in Vanouver Canada.

Will you be voting for Ron Paul?

I live in British Columbia, Vancouver was the nearest city I could pick. If I lived in the USA, yes, I would definitely vote for Dr Paul.

Of course, they don't check ID in US elections, so I'll probably end up voting for him anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Of course, they don't check ID in US elections, so I'll probably end up voting for him anyway.

Sigh.
Thats not how it works, Cannuck.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Romney lost Minnesota by a large margin, it wasn't even close, but this is not even reported.
That's why I say most people that aren't carefully following this just don't realize what is happening.
They just assume the Mitt has it, so they might not even come out to vote, in the later states.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Wow, I knew Ron Paul fans were delusional, but this is over the top.

Give it up guys. It's over.

Delusional?? No sir.. it is YOU who is delusional. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.... so I will let these pics speak for themselves.

This is a Mitt Romney Rally in the State of Michigan.

This is a Ron Paul rally in Michigan

This is a Ron Paul rally at UCLA which drew over 7,800 people.

This is Mitt Romney speaking in San Diego California in March. There are pics and a link to a video of his speech included. You will notice in the video, only close ups. No panning of the crowd. You will also notice in the article, no mention of the size of the crowd. Do I need to point out why?
Romney in San Diego

As evidenced from Obamas 2008 Rallies, when a Candidate draws huge crowds the MSM will get shots of the crowds. They always do. Here is an Obama Rally from 2008 in Ohio.

Here is Obama in 2008 in Oregon.

But yeah... I am sure those Ron Paul people are just delusional

edit on 23-4-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join