It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney further away from nomination than most realize.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
He has only 550 hard delegates, these people have to vote for him first round. The rest can change their vote.
The Green Papers

My recent thread about a Santorum voter attending a Ron Paul rally was was removed by a MOD, because it was too long and had no source, I will fix both of those.

Here is a Facebook commentary from Adrian Murry, a Rick Santorum supporter and Ft. Worth tea party leader, who recently attended a Ron Paul event in Ft. Worth, TX:

I have spoken before a lot of groups in the last several years as we have all grappled with the seeming dissolution of our country. I have half-jokingly said on many of these occasions that the other side doesn’t really have to defeat us politically, they just have to wait for us all to die off so they can implement their plans. My point has been that the greatest issue facing the conservative cause is a demographical one, a lack of diversity that will shortly render the conservative message irrelevant. Where are the youth? I and others have asked. Where are the people of color? Why doesn’t the conservative message resonate?

The answer to where they are could be found last night at the Will Rogers Auditorium. Often at political events there is a sense of excitement, anticipation, a certain buzz in the audience while waiting for the main event. Excitement, anticipation and buzz are weak and inadequate words to describe the pre-rally crowd last night. Energy is even inadequate. What undulated through the thousands who thronged outside before the doors opened last night was a kinetic power, the power of hope, the power of liberation, the power of anger at a system turned upside down, the power of liberation and, yes, the ultimate and emancipating power of freedom. You had to be there to understand it.

Once inside, for the only time in my politically active life, I was transported to a world I had not seen before. There was enough energy in that room to power a skyscraper. Teenagers, college students, whites, Hispanics, African Americans, Asians, middle-aged, elderly, every racial, ethnic, socio-economic, cross cultural ingredient of the American melting pot was there. The auditorium was a cauldron of American citizens who understand and have grasped the true nature of the tyranny which has befallen this nation, a conflagration, if you will, of passion and anger and joy and determination. This is where the fire starts this time. The eruption when Mr. Paul took the stage was deafening...

So what did I come away with last night? It can be captured in one picture. Before Mr. Paul was introduced, part of his family took the stage: his wife, one of his sons, a smattering of cousins, nieces and nephews. That picture tells us all we need to know. They are us. They weren’t pulled from central casting, exquisitely coifed and finely tailored, prepped and ready for the cameras. No. They are a family. They are us.... ... America is on the brink of flatlining. Which logically only leads to one question: Is there a doctor in the house? Which logically only leads to one answer: Ron Paul 2012

Original link with complete post
Link

This is not over like the MSM is calling it, and if you are watching the county caucus results you might know that. People are in for a raucous Tampa convention, Romney will not get a blessed coronation, like the MSM is saying.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Not only is Romney not doing as well as we are led to believe but Paul is doing much better as well, IMO! I think Dr. Paul is reaching far more people than anyone knows!

edit on 15-4-2012 by ajay59 because: to amend

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wow, I knew Ron Paul fans were delusional, but this is over the top.

Give it up guys. It's over.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

LOL, yea whatever! Time will tell my friend! Check out any one of Romney's rallies, pick the best one and compare it to Dr. Paul's worst! If that don't do it for ya, I don't know what will!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Lol Really.... its delusional to want someone who is honest huh...

Ron Paul is winning lots of delagates no matter what the msm tells us..

Romney is just a stooge... heres the thing the PTB don't care if obama or romney wins because all they want is power... and right now its power over health care 1 sixth of the GDP... if romney won he wouldn't repeal health care.. he would come up with some excuse.

Santorum was never meant to win.. only give the media something to talk about besides Ron Paul... Santorum???? really I mean come on...

Gingrich is the same.. never meant to win only stir the pot and give the media something to talk about... thats why all the crazy talk about the moon and "i'm going to be the nomination" crap...

Romney will not win.. he will not have the base and the Establishment is cool with this.

Ron Paul is the only canidate that could make a difference if he won.

To all you haters out there.. if you really genuinely don't like Ron Paul good for you but please educate yourself because even if he doesn't win we still face those problems he has been warning us of..

To all the other haters out there shame on you for being paid to push propaganda... karma is real and you will get yours.. your family will get it too.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that!

I'm 46 years old and I voted for RP and am proud of it! I voted for him 2008 as well on the Libertarian ticket. I do not like any of the Republican country club members...and I have never cared for the Democratic party vision.

I am not a conspiracy theorist persey.... But in this case, I smell something fishy. (Not to mention the stinky little thing that seriously should be investigated in Maine)

The MSM seems to think the "race" is over and Romney has won because Santorum dropped out and Gingrich is broke. They haven't even acknowledged RP is still in the race!

I think it's perfect! Only half the delegates are in and there is A LOT of people out there that do not like Romney and will do anything but vote for him...

I will not vote for Romney in the General. If RP doesn't get the nomination, I will vote for whatever third party candidate I can find that seems to have the Constitution and personal freedom at the core of his messages.

Unlike most Americans, I think freedom, liberty and the right to pursue happiness trumps the made up promises of "economical recovery"...the economy will eventually correct it self....but what good is a thriving economy if "the police state" has taken your freedoms away and tossed you in jail? Would you sell your freedom for prosperity? I won't....I refuse to.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

I so much agree with your last post! Not only is Romney not doing as well as projected but he will likely be watching the elections from a jail cell!
I really should print out these type of posts so I know whom to send all the pics of President Paul in the Oval Office!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately its Romney vs. Obama, and I am a huge RP supporter who will be voting for RP even if I have to write him in.

But Im also a realist and Mitt Romney is going to take the Republican nomination.

We bash the media for all their fear mongering and lies but if ATS was your only news source you would think the world was coming to an end 3 times a day, WW3 is happening tomorrow, the big earthquake is starting in 2 minutes, dont look out side its flooding, aliens are molesting your family, and Ron Paul is already in office

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
In the end it won't matter, none of the GOP candidates (including RP) can get the women and Latino votes...so just looking at the numbers, they can't win

Let's not forget RP's way to make sure the financial industry won't screw us over consists of "making them sign a voluntary pledge"

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

And millions that think like you will be in for a very rude awakening, if these early caucus results like Colorado continue to play out throughout the entire country. What's good about Paul sort of sneaking in the back door at the last second in the convention is that, someone like Trump won't be able to jump in as an independent because by September 1, 2012 it's too late and too far down the pike to launch an effective third party run, to even get onto the various States to run as an independent, this is why Paul will not run as an independent either.
Deadlines

If what happens in Colorado happens in the rest of the country, a brokered convention in Tampa will happen, to the surprise and dismay of many. And the outcome of that is unknown to anybody

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I wish this were true. Romney I am realizing was picked by the ones that select our president each time. They won't allow Paul to be the nominee. You saw the videos of his people being shut out of primaries over and over again.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

And millions that think like you will be in for a very rude awakening, if these early caucus results like Colorado continue to play out throughout the entire country. What's good about Paul sort of sneaking in the back door at the last second in the convention is that, someone like Trump won't be able to jump in as an independent because by September 1, 2012 it's too late and too far down the pike to launch an effective third party run, to even get onto the various States to run as an independent, this is why Paul will not run as an independent either.
Deadlines

If what happens in Colorado happens in the rest of the country, a brokered convention in Tampa will happen, to the surprise and dismay of many. And the outcome of that is unknown to anybody

It would be a rude awakening for the Republican Party if they ended up with somebody they soundly regected at the polls. It's not going to happen but, it would be pretty funny.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Do you have anything of value to add? You come in most Ron Paul threads and attempt to crap all over them with your short-sighted comments. Can you provide some hard facts that detail your point of view?

My father always told me not to take the advice from a car salesman.

Good find, OP and thank you for reporting. This is the kind of information that we need to share and needs to be read by the masses. Keep up the good fight.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Oh come now -- the second the Bush's gave Romney their endorsement it sealed his nomination

Why Romney Will Win

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Due to scandal, romney and obama will fall,
and pave the clear path for ron paul.

It is all scripted.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think the chance of a brokered convention are very real. The Op brings up some good points about hard delegates and the odd workings of election rules this year for the GOP. If Santorum were able to capture Texas, I woudl think he would hold enough chips. But since he has dropped out, if Romney gets Texas, its likely over.

But you RP fans are missing the boat, I think. I like the guy I'd even vote for him, but he has a fraction of the support that Santorum has, and if there is a brokered convention, it will be between the social conservatives rallying behind Santorum and the establishment Reps lining up behind Romney. None of that is an endorsement of those candidates, just an educated read of the numbers. See you in November.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It doesn't matter; look at who the banks are contributing to, that person is who is likely going to be our next warlord. They've done a wonderful job of shoving Romney down our throats thus far, and they'll keep doing it until the election ends.

Let's be real, how can Gingrich or Paul possibly beat him at this point? Romney may be far from the nomination, but his contestants are much, much, further, and from the vote fraud we've already seen within so many states, it's safe to say that Romney WILL be the Republican nominee, and most likely our next president.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Fact of the Matter Is , Ron Paul needs to Break Away from the Republican Party NOW and Run as an Independent . His Chances of getting Elected Pres. that way is MORE Possible than some people think . The Country is Ripe for a Constitutional Uprising Against the Washington wannabe Dictatorship presently being Formed by Both Parties..........

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 15-4-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Fact of the Matter Is , Ron Paul needs to Break Away from the Republican Party NOW and Run as an Independent . His Chances of getting Elected Pres. that way is MORE Possible than some people think . The Country is Ripe for a Constitutional Uprising Against the Washington wannabe Dictatorship presently being Formed by Both Parties..........

But when you realize WHY Paul will never run as an Indy, then you will understand why he is just playing a game himself.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

" But when you realize WHY Paul will never run as an Indy, then you will understand why he is just playing a game himself.
"

That is Still Up for Debate . He has No Other Option Right Now , and Unfortunately , neither do We..........

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join