It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning From Mama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Your IP address is working, so it couldn't be that bad right?

I had some stuff happen to me... I couldn't talk online for a long time before I was able to move and build a new computer.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hmmm....I'm not buying it.
Like someone else pointed out, if the situation was as grave and dire as you say then why not come into the light.
But you link a nazi video.
I do understand there are many similarities between the US and pre ww2 Germany.
But I do not forsee ever losing my free speech among many other things.
I call BS.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
A warning without the facts is not a lot of help on what to avoid

However until we find out what is going om... you might all want to look at these reports

1. Web freedom faces greatest threat ever, warns Google's Sergey Brin
2. US and China engage in cyber war games
3. How open is your internet? An interactive map
4. Nervous Kremlin seeks to purge Russia's internet of 'western' influences
5. How tiny Estonia stepped out of USSR's shadow to become an internet titan
6. Inside Washington's high risk mission to beat web censors
7. How will the new law on cookies affect internet browsing?
8. Instagram: a billion reasons to beware the latest dotcom bubble
9. China's censors tested by microbloggers who keep one step ahead of state media
10. Google fined by FCC over Street View

Battle for the Internet The Guardian
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Best guess:

Mama's husband finally put his foot down, he never liked her on this site.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yeah i don't get it?

Why even make a thread... why not either tell us what it is.... I mean if you;re screwed anyway?

OR

Wait until it's resolved and then give us a full report when you're back.... if it's not so serious?

This just seems like game playing and drama making for the sake of it.

If you're sick or something then this isn't the best way to tell people...

Hmmmm

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Yeah i don't get it?
Why even make a thread... why not either tell us what it is.... I mean if you;re screwed anyway?
OR
Wait until it's resolved and then give us a full report when you're back.... if it's not so serious?
Hmmmm

Yea me too... but not that way... rather like my post above getting declared "bad manners" without actually using any prohibited words or saying anything offensive. Seems innuendo is enough to get penalized these dayz... unless you own the site or the forum or the content of the conversations... then you can abuse anyone anyway you please.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have talked to some people that know what is going on.
The problem is not about me,it involves one of my children.
I want to make sure that anything I "say" online won't have
an impact on their present problem.I just wanted to let you
guys know what is going on.
Thank-you all,Mama

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by reitze

Yeah i don't get it?
OR
Hmmmm

Yea me too... but not that way... rather like my post above getting declared "bad manners" without actually using any prohibited words or saying anything offensive. Seems innuendo is enough to get penalized these dayz... unless you own the site or the forum or the content of the conversations... then you can abuse anyone anyway you please.

While I don't agree with the mods, etc, who play "fast and loose" with the rules, there was message enough in the OP for those who, like the bible says, "have ears to listen and eyes to hear".

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Originally posted by reitze

Yeah i don't get it?
OR
Hmmmm

While I don't agree with the mods, etc, who play "fast and loose" with the rules, there was message enough in the OP for those who, like the bible says, "have ears to listen and eyes to hear".

Thanks - though the mods, etc aren't to blame... sure they're conceivably "complicit" - and they've even had lawyers add to the rules to CYA. However, without them and their efforts there wouldn't even be this conversation. And even better - they're willing to discuss their interpretations and why they felt all those rules were needed (mostly distribution, advertizing, liability, and laws).

But the end result on the dialog and sharing of the truth is truly stifling... just like the OP - point to a "waffen ss march" to imply what was meant. As happened in my post - the time is fast approaching when even IMPLYING things will become prohibited... another law, another rule, its... an INCREMENTAL FASCISM. And like the quote from Evie in V for Vendetta:

"Artists use lies to illuminate the truth, politicians use lies to cover it up."

The artists were sent to the death camps even before the Jews... before that their works got defaced, destroyed, and removed from public view.

[if its not clear, my post is about the state of the USA, and not against ATS or its mods ... where unexpected actions are more 'symptomatic' of the situation]
edit on 4/26/2012 by reitze because: b

top topics

<< 1   >>

join