It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J J Abrams Talks The next Star Trek movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here is an interview with J J Abrams regarding the next Star Trek movie. In short, the shooting will begin on Thursday!

collider.com...

I'm looking forward to the new movie. I did enjoy his first Star Trek movie.

But I do hope he does cut down on the lens flares.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As a "trekkie", I actually did enjoy his movie. It was a bit different and the purists didn't like it much due to it being..you know..fun, youthful, etc..but meh, no pleasing them anyhow.

I would expect something similar. James Kirk was theoretically a hotshot that got him the cappys chair exceptionally early..so needs to be some wildness going on anyhow. I do hope they give plenty of subtle shout outs to the original series and the older trek fans though.

Prequels can either be very well done, or horrible and never should have been made. I am on the side that his movie was on the well done side. One technical issue is the technology. You simply can't (and perhaps shouldn't) bring together the tech in the movies with the rather button and beeps tech of the old series...and thats fine, I don't want them to retro out the ship. I do however want there to be a bit less comedy and a bit more tense drama. Kirk had a good sense of humor, and the original ST was a bit campy and fun, but it did have strong social lessons and such...and going too clown nose can potentially remove any serious consideration...also, I am a fan of anyone losing a fight. So, don't make him super-kirk. go against the odds, sure..but growth comes from pondering loss and failures of the path.

I am sure the special effects will be fine.

I miss Battlestar Galactica.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was never a born trekky but in my late teens I learned to love Star Trek. I have seen most of NG, Voyager, DS9 and a fair few of the old ones ETA: Oh and I watched Enterprise, as short lived as it was...

However, I was often disappointed with the films as a few of them just felt like an extended episode of the series'.

When I saw the new Star Trek film a couple of years ago, I absolutely loved it. Such a great film, Kirk was brilliant, the background of Spock was brilliant, the ships were brilliant and overall, the entire cast was brilliant. I was a little disappointed with Simon Pegg as Scottie, he could have contributed a lot more to the film but hey ho, the film was awesome and I cannot wait for another installment.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Looking forward to it. Here is a great review of the last movie. If you've never seen Red letter media reviews, you're in for a treat.

edit on 15-4-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

yeah he does love his lens flares.
i think he directed mission impossible 3 which is also full of them.

looking forward to it.

new topics

top topics

join