It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to thank Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I will say, I am not even a Christian at this point. When I was younger, I sort of identified as one.

Not being open about sex and desires has ruined more relationships for me than anything else. Feeling disgusting or dirty for wanting to do things sexually is a mindset that has been forced into us, especially as Puritanical Americans.

If I had been more open with my sexual feelings, I would have a much happier 20s.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey guess what in the US you DON'T HAVE to be a Christian and if you are you are NOT FORCED to follow the bible 100% You can believe in anything you like or NOT believe in anything so your thinking is WRONG sorry.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
Hey guess what in the US you DON'T HAVE to be a Christian and if you are you are NOT FORCED to follow the bible 100% You can believe in anything you like or NOT believe in anything so your thinking is WRONG sorry.

If you had ever been outside of the US, you would realize that every other country is more open sexually than us, with perhaps the exception of Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Why is that? Could it be the religious atmosphere of our country? The same one that introduced Prohibition? The same one that actually banned dancing?? lol

You are free to believe whatever you want in America, but for some reason Christians seems to have influenced social and governmental policy the most. So no, her thinking isnt wrong....yours is.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No conspiracy angle in this thread so its been moved to the rant section of the board.

Please be civil with each other and remember, Obvious troll IS obvious. If you take the bait and respond in kind then you are just as fallible.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by yougetwhatyoudeserve
For messing up my personal sex-life by telling me that sex is a sin. Now I can't enjoy it anymore because I feel guilty and like a whore while I only had one single sexpartner.

Now, this is what extremist/fundemental preeching can do with people who have done nothing wrong. Make them feel guilty and worthless so that hey will follow YOU instead of following the "real guidelines" of Christianity...

Me thinks you are confusing Christianity with Catholicism.

And, if you put aside the whole organized religion thing, and believed in just a supreme being instead of one that has been defined FOR you, then live your life doing what you feel is right and fight against wrongs instead.

Enjoy the sex. You are only young once!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Humans are like dogs these days. No restraint and humping like animals. I'm glad this 'Christian' made you feel this way.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
Humans are like dogs these days. No restraint and humping like animals. I'm glad this 'Christian' made you feel this way.

I am not preeching for free sex all the way, in fact I hate that kind of thing, but I also hate the stiff mentallity wich the christians in the country I live in have.

They are telling their storys in a way which sounds like I am "humping like a dog" every night with an other (random) partner, and I never did that.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit

I am not preeching for free sex all the way, in fact I hate that kind of thing, but I also hate the stiff mentallity wich the christians in the country I live in have.

They are telling their storys in a way which sounds like I am "humping like a dog" every night with an other (random) partner, and I never did that.

Then they aren't real Christians. Sounds like Roman Catholicism. Real Christians (which believe me, are damn hard to come by) don't look down or ask for money - they just practice love and understanding. It's interesting, people hate on Christians, but it really isn't the religions fault - it's the idiots who misinterpret God's word, then there's the idiots who hate on the idiots who misinterpret God's words. So basically everyone is an idiot.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
All the STDs out there lets just be care free no worries

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
You are quite welcome. By the way, you are also a lying thief, and a blasphemer like the rest of the human race. The good news is that God is rich in mercy, so if you repent and put your trust in the savior Jesus Christ, will be forgiven.

How much do I have to pay to the church for that "salvation" ?

Usually 10% of your gross salary!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yougetwhatyoudeserve

You own your own reaction to any given situation. An idea cannot make you feel anything.

Time to take responsibility for you 100%.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Our society has veered away from Christian morality. And what do we have now? Most children are now born out of wedlock who don't know who Daddy and more and more are growing up to join gangs and over run the streets like a pack of dogs while they're mothers sit home and collect welfare and the general spiritual and educational and intellectual level of life gets lower and lower. You SHOULD thank Christians that with their foundational support this country built enough of an edifice to be great for a long time before it began to destruct. Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sex is natural and is only given guilt by association by our own free will. If you want sex to be a guilty thing, a taboo that must be supressed, then let it be so for you. I just find it interesting how human beings, an expression of the totality of the universe, find sex, which is another way this whole thing expresses itself, so filthy dirty.

But in the process of making it taboo, these sorts of people have made sex grow and grow into a mutant form of what it actually is. The dance, in other words, has been turned into the Bogeyman.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Sex is natural and is only given guilt by association by our own free will. If you want sex to be a guilty thing, a taboo that must be supressed, then let it be so for you. I just find it interesting how human beings, an expression of the totality of the universe, find sex, which is another way this whole thing expresses itself, so filthy dirty.

But in the process of making it taboo, these sorts of people have made sex grow and grow into a mutant form of what it actually is. The dance, in other words, has been turned into the Bogeyman.

That's a gross misunderstanding of what Christians think of sex. Or, should think of sex. Read Song of Solomon. It's not that long. It expresses the beauty of the pleasures of sex. It's not language we use today, but what's being said is highly passionate.

Anyhow...sex is beautiful. But sex has boundaries. That's why it's bad to rape and molest. I say that simply to illustrate that sex does have boundaries. Now...we need to figure out what those are. Some people think its special and beautiful to the point where they feel it should be saved for two people; rather than simply having the criteria only be two consenting adults. I don't see why it's wrong for someone to have that perspective. I think it shows that sex is special, so why just throw it around to anyone you feel like (which can be incredibly unsafe).

I just think its a narrow point of view to think that just because someone believes sex should between two people that they don't think sex is beautiful or liberating.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
hey I know how to cheer the OP up!

You know what christians call a woman in denial being knocked up by another man than her husband?

Immaculate conception

Oh the blasphemy!!! plz think of all the unborn baby pandas!!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

Here's the thing: Whether a Christian is "real" or not is irrelevant at this point. It's almost like "real conservatives." Oh no -- we aren't like THAT guy. I mean, yeah -- we elected him and stuff, but we are different! Just look at our mission statement. Despite the fact that I am far--from-Christian, I still "get" what Jesus was on about. "By their fruits you shall know them." So when I see the new life church advertise "1000 social clubs!" I laugh, because there are still 75+ underage homeless runaways living in the park downtown, Co Springs.

Sorry, by their fruits, most Christians are NOTHING like Christ. Just like by their fruits, most republicans are nothing like their mission statement either.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yougetwhatyoudeserve

Well, I can't blame feeling just like you on the preachers. I felt I did something I should not have done. It was my conscience and I am glad I quit denying it and confessed it.

Life is what you make it so live and learn.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
You are quite welcome. By the way, you are also a lying thief, and a blasphemer like the rest of the human race. The good news is that God is rich in mercy, so if you repent and put your trust in the savior Jesus Christ, will be forgiven.

How much do I have to pay to the church for that "salvation" ?

You pay with your life, just not to any Church.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You should follow Islam; have as many wives, as you want and a sex slave. When those feeling of guilt come over you, take your sex slave out in the back yard, bury her waist deep then have your friends come help to bash her skull in with rocks. You can blame all your feelings of guilt on her while you bludgeon her to death. When you feel the need, go out and get another slave repeat. As a Muslim man, you don’t have to feel guilty at all about anything. It is always someone else’s fault.

www.metacafe.com...

edit on 19-4-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join