It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A year of Titanic.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm writing this thread to add some things that are not usually known about the Titanic. It has taken me a year of watching the internet for little pieces of information that crop up and saving the links. I have not sat here and searched the net every day, I've just grabbed things I found whilst generally being online.

This is not about what happened and why.. this is more of a resource.
There recently was a fantastic thread on ATS about Titanic which includes a video documentary that I will be using a portion of.
The full thread can be found here

On with the list ...
ONE OF NEW YORK’S BIGGEST TITANIC CONNECTIONS

Ninety-nine years ago yesterday Titanic struck an iceberg just before midnight on April 14, 1912. When it sank a short time later, at 2:20 a.m.
www.hauntjaunts.net...

Titanic's Unknown Child Given New, Final Identity

Titanic captain's cigar box sells for £25,000

Titanic plan sells for £220k at Devizes auction

Belfast remembers Titanic launch

Titanic launch 100th anniversary marked in Belfast

Titanic: How can a disastrous ship be celebrated?

A very good ATS thread with lots of other ATS links.. worth the read.
The Titanic – An In-Depth Look

Titanic necklace stolen from Denmark exhibition

£97m Titanic Belfast attraction takes shape

Titanic teenager Samuel Scott gets headstone

Titanic captain's telescope fails to sell at auction

Titanic's discoverer Robert Ballard returns to Belfast

Rowing for their lives: The poignant photographs of the aftermath of the sinking of the Titanic Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

First Scenes Of Titanic 3D Movie Unveiled

10 Lesser-Known Items Aboard the Titanic

Unseen Photos From the Sinking of the Titanic Emerge After 99 Years

Was The Titanic Destroyed By A German Submarine?

And now time starts to speed up as we reach the hundredth year...
Titanic Belfast gets ready to welcome the world

Five Titanic myths spread by films

Titanic wreck gets Unesco protection

A very interesting 'interactive' web site exploring the wreck of the Titanic;
www.rmstitanic.net...#

Titanic: Journey to the bottom of the ocean

Titanic anniversary: Explorer wants more preservation

Memorial cruise sets sail for site where Titanic sank

Titanic memorial cruise reaches Cobh in Irish Republic

Millvina Dean - Last Titanic survivor's final interview

Titanic 100: We survived

Titanic memorial cruise turns around as guest taken ill

Titanic anniversary: which tacky souvenir will you go for?

These Imbeciles Thought the Titanic Disaster Was Just a Movie

Titanic auction in New York sees delay

Titanic: A child survivor's story

Titanic: Faces of the crew

Titanic: Unlikely friendship in lifeboat eight

Titanic tragedy remembered in special events

So there you have it.. a thread of info that took a year to complete.. Some of the info is astonishing, many things I did not know. I've been eagerly waiting to post this and now on the 100th year, to the day, I can finaly post.

But first, I want to go back to the thread I mentioned at the top of this post.. The thread that talks about the Titanic being the Olympic.
Let's take a look at the very first few minutes of the second video where we get to learn the difference between the Titanic and the Olympic via its portholes;

Olympic has 16 portholes... Titanic 14...
So which ship is this with 15?

Yes, I know it says Olympic on the side.. but it has 15 portholes..
but here it is with 16...

here is the Titanic with 16

and here is Titanic in Belfast before its funnels were fitted.. Notice it has only 14 portholes..

I think those last two pictures of the Titanic are the evidence that the two ships were switched..
But we still cannot account for the ship which seems to have 15 portholes..
The Britanic has 17...

There was a TV programme called 'find my past' aired the other night about relatives of titanic victims/survivors and they showed the Titanic in various places as you'd expect for a tv show.. and I just happened to notice that the portholes of the ship being shown as the Titanic has 15 portholes..

Where is, what is this mysterious ship with 15???

Are we seeing direct evidence of photo manipulation in order to confuse people.. are we seeing whistle blowing activity in progress.. Was someone told to add extra portholes to the negative images.. but only added one due to mishearing or deliberate disobedience??

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Fantastic. Thank you kindly for this.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Doooom

You're very welcome..
There's a lot to read there, luckily most of the titles give you an idea of what's being said

some of it is a bit mind blowing..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thank you for the years work. Lots of reading to do I think. A question about the portholes. Has the wrecks portholes ever been counted? If the ship was hit below that line, then they should still be able to be counted.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Am currently trying to find something that portrays the bow at the bottom of the ocean.. Not an easy task due to the amount of rust and limited photos through search popularity.. but...
Have founds this so far;
designyoutrust.com...
Am trying to locate the source for this image compilation.. It might give us the answer we're after.

And a nice little video that mixes ghoslty images of passengers and crew with the wreck.. As the video states, the Titanic is STILL on its maiden voyage..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What a great thread.
Although i have done some research on this subject, it`s minimal to what you have put in this thread.
This may take a year to read !

S+F `d

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This could be the moment where the "Titanic" was refitted to look like the Olympic (if indeed they were swapped over). A prime opportunity like this to completely cover up the events.

On 9 October 1912 White Star withdrew Olympic from service and returned her to her builders at Belfast to be refitted to incorporate lessons learned from the Titanic disaster.[16] A complement of 64 wooden lifeboats were installed along the boat deck, stacked two high.[citation needed] In addition, an inner watertight skin was constructed in the boiler and engine rooms and some of the watertight bulkheads were extended up to B-deck.[17] At the same time, alterations and additions to her passenger cabins were carried out on B Deck which necessitated deleting her B Deck promenades – one of the few features that separated her from her sister ship. With these changes, Olympic's gross tonnage rose to 46,359 tons, 31 tons larger than Titanic's.[18] In 1913, Olympic returned to service and briefly regained the title of largest ocean liner in the world, until SS Imperator entered passenger service in June 1913.[19]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
New link
Titanic: Fifth officer Harold Lowe honoured with Barmouth plaque

The true heroes of the hour rise from their graves as we leanr more and more...

Then there are those who may have been involved in a cover up or were just plain daft and past their working life, or completely innocent and did the best they could in such difficult times. But going on his past record aboard the Olympic, who can really say?
Titanic: Captain Edward John Smith's legacy

A new thread just posted;
save the Titanic
edit on 15-4-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Another one just come in;
In pictures: Titanic memorial events

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This one talks about the memorial stone and of the 'tat' that is for sale.
Titanic's legacy in Northern Ireland lingers on

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The designer of the Titanic went down with his ship, whereas the man whose company owned the liner left on the last lifeboat, a decision he almost immediately regretted. The most senior officer to survive the tragedy later went on to become a hero at Dunkirk in World War II. The first man to see the iceberg that sank the liner was a reluctant witness at the two inquiries into the sinking, and ended up taking his own life.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Nice piece on some of the people.

new topics

top topics

join