It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear music that I have never heard before.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I used to hear music a lot in different states of sleep. It was beautiful and complex arrangements that I don't think were even possible to play now. I have no known musical talent I'm aware of but my father was a fantastic musician so maybe it was trying to get me to take up an instrument. I haven't heard that kind of music in a long time though. I know what you're talking about though, I've head it too, numerous times.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

The vocals never make any sense, as in there are no words. They are vocal melodies, but there are no words.

I believe I just heard the music you're speaking about.
Hearing it was both soothing and spooky at the same time.

I was just working with my plants, when I was overcome by very calming sensations, both physically and mentally. Then, I could hear angelic voices singing. I focused on the singing about 30 to 45 seconds, then it faded out as though "they" were moving further away until I couldn't hear "them" anymore.

I'm certainly not on psych meds. I don't suffer from synesthesia. I've never heard voices telling me to do something. Hearing music as though it's playing in my head is completely new to me. Might I have a chip in me that pertains to Project Bluebeam? I might. I've had numerous surgeries as a baby as well as in later life, so I guess you could say that my birth defects/physical condition would make me a perfect specimen for a "test subject". On the other hand, I've always been psychically in tuned to the nature around me, so maybe this music was metaphysical in nature. I'm not religious, but I believe in the spiritual world around me.

So, back to the music I heard,
The closest song I can think of which sounded almost exactly like what I heard is "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones.
Here's a clip of the song I'm speaking about. The very beginning is only part you really need to listen to in order to understand what it sounded like.
www.elyrics.net...
The voices and type of rhythm heard in the above song sounds very similar to what I heard in my head. The difference being that I couldn't understand what the voices were singing about. If you need help assimilating, imagine watching an italian opera and trying to understand the play's storyline without subtitles.

Anyways, I just thought I'd offer up my experience in case it means something or I happen to hear it again.
Take it for what you will.

edit on 19-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Sounds like you're tapping into the

Akashic records

The akashic records are described as containing all knowledge of human experience and the history of the cosmos. They are metaphorically described as a library; other analogies commonly found in discourse on the subject include a "universal supercomputer" and the "Mind of God". People who describe the records assert that they are constantly updated automatically and that they can be accessed through astral projection[1] or when someone is placed under deep hypnosis

Akasha

In Hinduism Akasha means the basis and essence of all things in the material world; the first material element created from the astral world (Air, Fire, Water, Earth are the other four in sequence). It is one of the Panchamahabhuta, or "five elements"; its main characteristic is Shabda (sound). In Sanskrit the word means "space", the very first element in creation. In Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati, and many other Indian languages, the meaning of Akasha has been accepted as sky

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Have you been feeling as though you don't want to or don't have time to sleep?
I've felt really wired for the past three days as if I have electricity running through my veins. My creativity has also been surging.

So, if these feelings are tied into the music, or the Akashic Records the above member mentioned, what does it all mean?

Anyways, it's rather thrilling to have heard this music because I yet to hear the "strange Earth sounds" that people are capturing on video. Of these videos, I believe the Florida 911/tornado one to be authentic. That flash of light immediately before the sound disappears always gives me a chill up my spine.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Wow. I didn't think I would get so many replies. Thank you all very much for your responses
I will address the most relevant posts one by one.

Originally posted by truthermantwo
look you may find this hard to believe. but there are interdimensional beings with technology that allows them to project sound effects and voices. Schizopohrenia as a diagnosis for voice hearers is wrong. Ive heard voices for about 2 years now and in that time ive heard music, ive played a psychic synthesizer, my x-girlfriend has heard music as well, but i couldn't convince her that it was these beings reaching out to communicate something. When people hear something there minds automaticaly try to attribute the sound to something physical. When in reality theres nothing there to make the sound. I argue that your hearing what many "schizophrenics" experience. Interdimensional music.

Is there anywhere I could go on the internet to read about this? Do threads about this exist on ATS? I'm somewhat skeptical, but it would be interesting to read about anyways.

Originally posted by eyeseaewe
reply to post by Xaphan

It's music I've heard before but it'll be like an entire song then it'll repeat. It's not the same song each occurance but once it starts the song doesn't change. Plus it's not just a catchy chorous or something it's the whole song like I'm listening to a cd or something.

That's exactly what's happening to me! It sounds like the song has already been recorded, produced and properly processed in a studio setting.

Originally posted by Druscilla
Do you have any extra metal in your body?

Not that I know of

Originally posted by ldyserenity
On topic...someone else took my response so, I am going to use my back up reply...I think you are hearing the frequency of music that is "engaging" our transit in 2012. It's a DNA activating frequency of music much like this.

I have never heard anything that sounds like that.

Originally posted by Hillarie
Why is this a problem? When I was in my thirties I would dream music I never heard before, music of incomparable beauty and I would become almost suicidal because I knew I had no way to reproduce it. So you hear music. Just enjoy it. And play it if you can.

Well, the only thing that makes it a problem is that it disturbs my sleep. If I hear something that sounds really interesting I have to get up and spend an hour or two trying to transcribe it.

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Have there been any songs that you have heard before?
This is what my paranoid bone came up with regarding this issue;
www.surveillanceissues.com...
I think Remote influence or perhaps psychotronic devices could do this.Is the music any good?

There have never been any songs that I have heard before. That link is somewhat disturbing... but why would the government be projecting music into my mind?
Whether music is 'good' or not is subjective
But it's mostly the kind of music I enjoy. Let's put it this way: If it were real music, I would buy it.

Originally posted by dayve
I always hear music i never heard before, thats y i make music..... whos mugshot is that of?

I have no idea, haha. But he looks like The Hulk and Simon Cowell had a child.

Originally posted by yourmaker
it totally blows my mind how we can create new music that hasn't existed, EVER,
before the moment you make it.
using the same 7 notes, their halfs and silence. it's just crazy.
and then it eternalizes itself in the melody, and is able to make sense? it's just...crazy.

I once read a very interesting theory which stated that every song that will ever be composed already exists, because the potential is always there. It always exists and has always existed since the beginning of time, but doesn't materialize in our world until somebody writes/records it.

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by Xaphan

canyou ask your parents if they played music for you when you were a baby... like leaving the radio on while you were in your crib?

I was always exposed to music from day one. Music played on the stereo every day, and my father is a musician.

reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

That is very interesting. Thank you! I'll definitely be reading about this later.

(continued in post below)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Have you been feeling as though you don't want to or don't have time to sleep?
I've felt really wired for the past three days as if I have electricity running through my veins. My creativity has also been surging.

YES!! Sometimes I will go through these periods of 2-3 days where I find it so difficult to sleep. Even though I should be tired, I'm not. The music seems to hit me full force during these periods of sleep disturbance.

I have done some amateur recordings of these things I hear. The only problem being that I can never get them to sound exactly like I hear them in my mind. It's always 'missing' something that I can't explain

There's something else I should also mention here. I don't know if it's related in any way, but I've been wondering if anyone else has experiences like this. Occasionally I will visualize people that I have never seen before, as if a video is being played in my mind. I don't try to make this happen, it just happens. I will see people in various situations, like walking down the street, or sitting on a bus reading a newspaper. These are very detailed images, as I can see their face and all features (hair colour, clothing, jewelry etc.) I get the feeling that these people actually do exist somewhere, because they look too 'real' to be just a figment of my imagination. These aren't just generic images of people with basic facial features. These look like actual people that I have never met before. Is it possible that I am remote viewing/hearing without even knowing it?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

YES!! Sometimes I will go through these periods of 2-3 days where I find it so difficult to sleep.

I'm glad I asked. It's odd to have these feelings especially before and after hearing the music. I slept great last night and feel fairly normal this morning, but I'm happy to see that you've also had this feeling lately. I'm usually the type to go to bed between 10 or 11, but lately I've been staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning. I haven't had any wierd dreams to speak of though. Do you?

I haven't experienced any type of "remote viewing" of people like you described. I do find this interesting, so thanks for adding this "symptom". If I start experiencing this, I'll be sure to post.

The member answers you highlighted above are interesting. It's difficult to pin down one answer. Maybe there isn't just one answer though.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and drop back in if I hear the music again or notice anything strange that could be related.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

I can rule out mental illness. I told my doctor about this years ago and he had me psychologically evaluated AND sent me for a scan just to be on the safe side. Both were negative.

FYI, the same thing happened to me many years ago but it stopped. I'm not sure why but I suspect that life's turbulence got in the way. I really loved it though -- the music was heavenly, in every way, and perfect.What you're experiencing sounds awesome. I'd go with it and enjoy. It must be something in/with your spirit that is creating beauty for you. Appreciate it because most of us just get noise from this world. What is amazing, and sad, is that psychiatrists think that there's "something wrong" with people like yourself. What they refuse to admit is that they know NOTHING about the human spirit, what it is capable of and the good places it can take us. He tested you for mental illness!!! Think about that...you hear beautiful music and he thinks you're crazy!!! Incredible.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

You may be right.

Thinking about singing bowls and their tones/frequencies, maybe when our body's frequencies are raised to a new higher level, they vibrate faster and cause this musical effect?
I'll have to think about this some more ...

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Perhaps you have a muse in your mists.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Muses in Greek mythology, poetry, and literature, are the goddesses of the inspiration of literature, science and the arts. They were considered the source of the knowledge, related orally for centuries in the ancient culture that was contained in poetic lyrics and myths. The compliment to a real woman who inspires creative endeavor is a later idea.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

Very interesting theory, but if that were the case I think I would be hearing magnificent classical compositions and such. I doubt a Muse would be projecting punk rock and thrash metal riffs, as catchy as they might be

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I only read a little bit of the thread so firgive me if this has been covered.

Check out the book Musicophilia. The mind can work in weird ways sometimes and maybe you have a talent for composing music you never knew you had. There's a guy in the book who never played for some forty years then got hit by lightning. A few weeks later he was playing piano and composing symphonies.

Get a cheap keyboard and use that to figure out the music in your head. Just keep fiddling around until you hear the notes you heard and with a little bit of knowledge you can write it up in sheet music. Who knows, maybe there's some big bucks in there for you.

Motley Crue have had a thirty year career and made a few boatloads of money with almost no talent whatsoever. You truly can't be worse than those fools so give it a go and see what happens.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I know this is an older thread but I was just wondering if anyone has been experiencing this recently?
I've head music a few times in my life, mostly a beautiful symphonic type that I can only describe as 'celestial'. I have not heard that in quite some time though, however, yesterday I heard music from seemingly 'nowhere' (or 'everywhere' maybe). It sounded like an orchestra tuning itself. It lasted approx. 6 or 7 minutes. Anyone else hearing this or something similar? Thx

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starcrossd
I know this is an older thread but I was just wondering if anyone has been experiencing this recently?
I've head music a few times in my life, mostly a beautiful symphonic type that I can only describe as 'celestial'. I have not heard that in quite some time though, however, yesterday I heard music from seemingly 'nowhere' (or 'everywhere' maybe). It sounded like an orchestra tuning itself. It lasted approx. 6 or 7 minutes. Anyone else hearing this or something similar? Thx

Down in florida recently I had to sleep on the porch due to lack of space. I heard music coming from the direction of a house, but it didn't sound normal, it kept fading in and out but i could hear the bass so i had a hard time discerning if it was from humans or something else, but i did hear my voices in it though.

When i was living elsewhere no one was home and I heard industrial music coming from a corner in the room, i said in my mind "that sounds cool" and heard a dark voice talk to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Hello I'm new on this forum but i have an interesting story, here is the thing: I felt in love with music when I was 11 and I listened to music almost every day. Now I'm 16 years and a couple of months ago I started creating my own music on the computer. I loved it so much that I spend almost all my free time in it. I a week later I started composing songs in my head. It wasn't very good first but I became better and ik became a habit. Here comes the cool part: when I became better and better I started to see moving shapes and patterns like a music visualizer in my head. and the songs I was composing started composing them selves, i would begin composing something and then my brain takes over creating really amazing songs. sometimes I hear a sound and BAM an entire song creates it self. I really couldn't believe it first but it happens every day. it is truly an amazing experience. I hope someone could explain this.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Keep a tape recorder next to your bed, when you hear the melodys first see if you can get it on the recorder, if not hum it and record it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Music producer(for a living) here, and yeah I get it all the time. Synths, vocals and drums I hear when I'm relaxing/meditating. Though I've dreamt that I've been working on a really cool track and I'd forget it when I woke up.
No clue what causes this though..
edit on 21-9-2013 by aintevenmad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Toadmund

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by Xaphan

i have a fan in the room and sometimes it makes
these sounds that the mind turns into tunes

I often hear heavy metal in fans. Other music too.
I also hear talking.
This happens when I am laying in bed, trying to zone out.

The pellet stove has 2 fans in it, sometimes I'm a fan.

I get that and I was going to ask the op if he hears it with his ears or his mind because music is in the mind a lot... it's normal, but when you start hearing the radio in your fan/refrigerator/microwave... it might be picking up a signal, which is not impossible. You really have to separate these things out, from what the guy you quoted was saying about turning things into meaningful sounds, because that happens too... and when you can't hear it clearly, it can be tough.

There's no doubt though, that signals are coming in here. Right now there is no radio playing but when those signals come in here, it is no mistake that it is music...and I will go outside and look for people playing music...dead quiet. Things like this happen. I had a four foot by four foot sound booth that I used to sing inside of because I was in an apartment and didn't want to disturb neighbors and one day I was in there with the door open and the radio was OFF but the speakers were picking up scanner talk... two guys having a very clear conversation and at a rather high volume. Clear words, clear conversation. It happens. Your electronics can pick up ambient waves that you would other wise not hear because they travel in the air.

And yes, people can also be talking to a specific through waves. If they are also listening and spying remotely (which is possible but of course would not be as common as just picking up random signals) then it would be more like a conversation where you got reactions and were answered on specific things or even showed things...showed images or showed a confirmation of an answer by a flash of energy near you or even on you.

If you are ever encountered by weirdness that is coming from an intelligent source you may start looking for it all around you because you don't know where it's going to pop up and I have noticed this and have to constantly filter these things to make sure I don't read into stuff... and I'm sure I have done it, but I also know I make a conscious effort to try not to.

It can really get frustrating but I just have to let it go.
there's nothing anyone can do but observe and try not to get affected by it in ways that are not called for and let it be upsetting, but it most certainly can be especially in the case of malicious harassment. It can drive people crazy.
Even the most certain things have to be taken as inspiration and should be weighed against reality before being accepted as fact and not belief.

I have drawn conclusions based on things I have "received" in experiences like that but there is so much that is evident from actual things that are part of what one might call the real world... or society. So when I state something i believe from an interpreted experience that comes from something on a wave, it runs parallel to some other piece of evidence that has happened to me or that I have seen in life, the media or society. I just wanted to make that clear because I am working on writing some of my experiences out and I probably don't state the parallels as much as I should... but I know I do sometimes. There are many synchronicities from life and from actual events that must be used as anchors... if it was a case of someone actually trying to contact anyone. intelligence knows that it must anchor things very carefully and if that is not happening and is very blatant... then it may most likely just be interpretation of being contacted.

Rather than focusing your eyes or ears... just keep them open or a person may do like what the other guy was saying. Calm logic is what should remain focused.

and i realize that no one was asking any of these questions about being contacted... It was just passing thoughts i was having after reading about random signals.
edit on 6201330AM9AM30p29America/Chicago by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I play drums part time in a funk band. I find myself sometimes picking up on obscure songs heard from someone else's office, or in a car, or anywhere, even in a mall.

For some reason, while trying to get to sleep, some of that will just go over and over in my head, and I know I was not concentrating on it, even liking it when I heard it. Many times I do not remember where it was I did hear it as well. Are you a musician? It seems to happen to people that have an ear for music.

I would not worry too much about it, as you try to relax, obscure daily events tend to roll around in your mind, trying to sort stuff out.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

N1N036
Hello I'm new on this forum but i have an interesting story, here is the thing: I felt in love with music when I was 11 and I listened to music almost every day. Now I'm 16 years and a couple of months ago I started creating my own music on the computer. I loved it so much that I spend almost all my free time in it. I a week later I started composing songs in my head. It wasn't very good first but I became better and ik became a habit. Here comes the cool part: when I became better and better I started to see moving shapes and patterns like a music visualizer in my head. and the songs I was composing started composing them selves, i would begin composing something and then my brain takes over creating really amazing songs. sometimes I hear a sound and BAM an entire song creates it self. I really couldn't believe it first but it happens every day. it is truly an amazing experience. I hope someone could explain this.

because thoughts and the mind itself is like a tree. It's all connected but it branches out into many limbs and leaves. Even though vision and hearing are separate senses, they are part of the same mind and can be interconnected and overlapping. A single thought can lead you to many thoughts just like a note can lead you to ideas of other sounds and all this can be constructive and creative like you are using it but it can also be negative of course... such let's say, you are upset with someone and then someone else calls you and instead of saying hello politely you pick up the phone and say WHAT DO YOU WANT? And that might not be the best example of cross-cognition or cross-sensory but I'm sure you get the point...and that actually happens more than some people might be aware because thoughts occupy the same mind even though they are separate thoughts but that is what analysis is for... but yeah, the combining and overlapping of mental content is a great creative tool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join