It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear music that I have never heard before.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I'm not really sure if I'm posting this in the right section or not, but I think I am. Anyways, this is a problem that I have had since I was fourteen. When I'm trying to fall asleep I hear music that I have never heard before. Sometimes it's just instrumental music with rhythm and lead instruments, and sometimes it has rhythm, lead, and vocals. But here's the weird part. The vocals never make any sense, as in there are no words. They are vocal melodies, but there are no words. The only way I can describe it is instead of words it's just a melody sung in "ooohh's" and "aaahh's". The music sometimes encompasses a wide variety of genres. Sometimes I'll hear general rock, sometimes I'll hear punk, sometimes reggae or ska, and on a few occasions I heard blues and jazz. Does anybody know what's going on here?

I can rule out mental illness. I told my doctor about this years ago and he had me psychologically evaluated AND sent me for a scan just to be on the safe side. Both were negative.

The only explanation I can come up with is my obsession with music. I grew up in a family where both parents were obsessed with music, so I am too. I've been a bass player for for ten or so years, which is part of the obsession. Is being surrounded by too much music affecting my subconscious? That makes sense to me, but here's what I don't understand - Shouldn't I only be hearing songs that already exist if this is the case? Why am I hearing things that I have never heard before?

I know this seems like a weird thread and is probably a waste of time, but this has bothered me for a long time and I'd really like to find out what it is. So a big thank you to anybody had the patience to read this

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Lol you should concentrate and try to replay the sounds your hearing.
Maybe you will come up with a new genre or style of music.

/Kurdman

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

It happened to me, too.
I hear a jazz-like chaotic note of a bell-tpye instrument. I can't pinpoint the source. Maybe it's the imagination going wild just before total sleep...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Maybe you have absorbed so much Music in your day to day life that it has become like a language to you, as if you had learnt French, and were able to dream in that new language. Maybe it´s your brain starting its nightly work of rearranging thoughts and preparing for dreaming using the language of...Music!! I´d certainly try to remember melodies or grooves, and compose some music off them, you might come up with something great!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
look you may find this hard to believe. but there are interdimensional beings with technology that allows them to project sound effects and voices. Schizopohrenia as a diagnosis for voice hearers is wrong. Ive heard voices for about 2 years now and in that time ive heard music, ive played a psychic synthesizer, my x-girlfriend has heard music as well, but i couldn't convince her that it was these beings reaching out to communicate something. When people hear something there minds automaticaly try to attribute the sound to something physical. When in reality theres nothing there to make the sound. I argue that your hearing what many "schizophrenics" experience. Interdimensional music.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jooles

Actually, there is one tune I keep humming and I heard it in my dreams. I'm the only one in the world who hums that tune! Problem is, the tune is quite boring... Some dream are just dreams.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Man, I do believe you'r on something.
Could you tell more?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Start writing it down. Could be something you can create into a nice piece of work. Could be your inner mind composing. Could be what all great musicians experience.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

This may not relate but for the past month or so I have had music running through my head a lot and I can't stop it.
Not constantly but I would say on average 4 to 6 hours a day. It happens at random times when I'm alone, when I'm at work, doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing.

It's music I've heard before but it'll be like an entire song then it'll repeat. It's not the same song each occurance but once it starts the song doesn't change. Plus it's not just a catchy chorous or something it's the whole song like I'm listening to a cd or something.

Maybe my wiring is shorting out.

edit on 15-4-2012 by eyeseaewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Many of us humans have a memory music plate in our brains.

When I was an infant I heard all kinds of music in my head. I was never accomplished enough at an instrument to play what I heard.

As time went by I noticed that when I meditated I could often take a melody line and spin it out into much longer music with many instruments playing - like an orchestra.

I, quite often, referred to this music as angels singing. I accepted this ability as a gift.

At times it seemed like a radio playing in my head. I, mainly, heard classical music and often knew the tune from having heard it before I got an album to play on a stereo.

It seems like a strange gift but then again - I was always entertained by my own music of my mind.

I am sure most composers hear what they compose while they compose it. That is how Beethoven - who was deaf - was able to write such beautiful music.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Here is your cure.

You will never get this song out of your head.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I see this as a combination of things.

I've been around musicians most of my life. Music is definitely a language for you folks. So it's no surprise to me that you would hear music you've never heard. I don't know if you have a background in music theory, but now is a good time to put it to use.

Your subconscious is speaking to you in a language you understand. What feelings come to mind when you hear this music? What imaginations does it produce as you hear it?

Your "obsession" with music is like anything else we focus on in our lives. It's like an unspoken command to our subconscious. And your subconscious is giving you back what you have asked it for.

Use it! Compose, write, enjoy. It's what you have a passion, and a gift for. Do you know how many musicians would love to hear fresh music in their heads at night? Don't waste the opportunity.

I know a mathematician that sees numbers in everything, everyday. What a surprise eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

Man, I do believe you'r on something.
Could you tell more?

gladly, you know all those strange horn like sounds, tv sounds coming from the air etc? its the same projection method as that, but you experience a frequency only you can hear. infrasonic sound can become linear sound if there is enough p-waves or something like that, that is somewhat what is happening with the strange sounds and booms.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

There was an episode of Gilligan's Island I saw once where the fillings in Gilligan's teeth let him pick up radio signals.

I think there's also an urban myth about something similar associated with metal teeth fillings.

Do you have any extra metal in your body?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Off topic...but thanks for that I forgot how much I love that song!!!

On topic...someone else took my response so, I am going to use my back up reply...I think you are hearing the frequency of music that is "engaging" our transit in 2012. It's a DNA activating frequency of music much like this:

You should feel special only a few can actually hear it, but everybody IS subconciously recieving it's powerful influence. And it is interdimensional.
edit on 15-4-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Now I really think you are closer than any other solution I have read about, regarding the loud noises. I have heard it. It was extremely loud and I woke up from it. I am a strong woman, but this really felt like i was IN the sound, it was so loud, and I admit I felt panicked and afriad. I posted a thread on ATS about it.

Sorry my post is not short, I ask you to please read through it and appologise for its length.

It really was extremely loud and frightning. Yet, my daughter of 12, who also sleeps light, did not wake up from it. I regret now that I did not go to the neighbours at the time to find out how many others heard it. I moved end Feb to another town, but have recently been thinking that if I ever go back to visit that area, I feel compelled to go knock on some doors.
One evening, around 7pm, I was washing dishes and my daughter was sitting on the couch. (Also in the old house.) She suddenly looked at me with very wide eyes and asked me: 'Did you feel that?? WOW! What was that!?' We were in the same area, as the kitchen was open plan. I truly did not experience anything at all. I asked her what she was talking about. She told me everything shook, vibrated, and there was a sound with it. I totally experienced nothing at all. She thaught I was pulling her leg and eventually got upset with me that I kept saying I did not feel anything. She could not believe I did not feel anything!

Remember, everything is ultimately vibration. Solids, or the idea of something being solid, is an illusion, as there is space between all particles, and is really a vibration. So, sound an light is vibration, and perhaps we are starting to 'tune' our inner ears and eyes the the sounds of our creation.

In my view, when it says in the Bible that: There is none so blind as those who will not see, and none so deaf as those who will not hear, it referred to the third eye and the inner ear.

I am keeping an eye on this post. Most interesting! Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Our brains cant understand white noise. When you hear white noise as your falling asleep your brain associates it with music. If you really concentrate you can sometimes hear this without even falling asleep.

Imagine you took a recording of white noise, put it into a computer, put a bunch of effects and frequency shifters on it, and then amplified its peaks. That's basically what your brain is doing when you fall asleep.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

i have a fan in the room and sometimes it makes
these sounds that the mind turns into tunes

i mean i have even turned everything off
thinking its music comming from some nearby
house

its funny how the mind plays tricks on us
hope this helps

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Why is this a problem? When I was in my thirties I would dream music I never heard before, music of incomparable beauty and I would become almost suicidal because I knew I had no way to reproduce it. So you hear music. Just enjoy it. And play it if you can.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by Xaphan

i have a fan in the room and sometimes it makes
these sounds that the mind turns into tunes

I often hear heavy metal in fans. Other music too.
I also hear talking.
This happens when I am laying in bed, trying to zone out.

The pellet stove has 2 fans in it, sometimes I'm a fan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join