It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Scientist: Fluoride Already Shown to Cause 10,000 Cancer Deaths

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Top Scientist: Fluoride Already Shown to Cause 10,000 Cancer Deaths

naturalsociety.com

Water fluoridation is a highly controversial topic, with many individuals voicing massive concern over the practice. In contrast, some stick to the concept that there isn’t any association between fluoride and any real negative effects. Fluoride, however, is indeed a toxic substance, and has been tied with numerous health complications in well-established research. Fluoride can be found in many water supplies, toothpaste, and even food at alarming levels. While it may sound shocking to many, some research is even drawing a close connection between fluoride and an increased cancer risk.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
theintelhub.com
www.blacklistedne ws.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fluoride Linked to #1 Cause of Death in New Research
Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal
Fluoride lowering childrens IQ?
The Nicotine and Fluoride link

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
These findings were found back in 1977 via epidemiological studies by Dr. Dean Burk, former head of the Cytochemistry Section at the National Cancer Institute and Yiamouyiannis ,they never say the light of day until 1989.

I am sure we do not hear much about that though do we? We are still being exposed daily to deadly toxic fluoride,it seems to be almost unavoidable...We bathe with it,drink it,eat it...Short of having reverse osmosis filtration systems you are pretty much stuck with it.

It saddens me to think that many are clueless to these truths and enrages me even more that the ones who do know the truth about fluoride if we speak out it falls on deaf ears and nothing changes.

I am still hoping we can let our voices be heard and put a stop to this inhumane outrage.

naturalsociety.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA: Mods feel free to move the thread elsewhere,I was uncertain where to put it exactly,the article is new although I am unsure how well known the information from Dr. Burk is.

edit on 15-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here is a video of Dr. Dean Burke - Fluoride causes cancer -

(May want to skip to around 50 secs in)

Dr. Dean Burk Dr. Dean Burk co-authored one of the most frequently cited papers in the history of biochemistry, "The Determination of Enzyme Dissociation Constants," published in the Journal of the American Chemical Society in 1934.
In 1937, Dean became a co-founder of the US National Cancer Institute (NCI), and headed its Cytochemistry department for over three decades.

Here is a PDF citing some very important information on the dangers of Fluoride -
Fluoride - A Modern Toxic Waste

Burke's Research findings -

In 1997, it was shown that fluoridation caused about 10,000 cancer deaths in epidemiological studies by Dr. Dean Burk, former head of the Cytochemistry Section at the National Cancer Institute and Yiamouyiannis. Despite the findings occurring in 1997, they were not reluctantly released until 1989. After analyzing the study results in rats, it was found that animals who drank fluoridated water:

Showed an increase in tumors and cancers in oral squamous cells.
Developed a rare form of bone cancer called osteosarcoma.
Showed an increased in thyroid follicular cell tumors.
Developed a rare form of liver cancer known as hepatocholangiocarcinoma.

Dr. Dean Burk, former chief of cytochemistry at the National Cancer Institute for 30 years, also shows that fluoride increases the cancer death rate. Dr Burk refers to a study conducted which compares the 10 largest U.S. cities with fluoridation and the 10 largest without. What researchers found was that following fluoridation, deaths from cancer went up immediately- in as little as a year.

Source

[Spelling corrections of Burke from burk by me,being that is how his last name is actually spelled]

Let our voices be here and let us make a difference! I urge you to take the time to read this petition,if you believe and support in it's cause please sign -

Take Action to Stop Fluoridation!

Additional information,petitions and news concerning fluoride -
www.fluoridealert.org/
Fluoride & Cancer

ETA:
I have to be honest I was not aware of who Dr. Dean Burke was before reading this particular article but from what I have found out about him convinces me this man was a hero,Honest,brave man for his time.

I just found an article with some more information,credentials and courageous quotes here -
Dr. Dean Burke

I highly recommend giving it a look,He has some pretty revealing things to say about cancer charity,the FDA,NCI,AMA,ACS and fluoridation.

Here is an example -

"I know of absolutely no, and I mean absolutely no means of prevention that would save so many lives as simply to stop fluoridation, or don't start it where it is otherwise going to be started. There you might save 30,000 or 40,000 or 50,000 lives a year, cancer lives. That is an awful lot of lives a year." Dr. Dean Burk Ph.D. (34 years at the National Cancer Institute). Judicial hearing, January 14, 1982. Safe Water Foundation vs. City of Houston, District Court of Texas, Harris County, 151st Judicial District, 80-52271

Some of this information about cancer & fluoride, Dr. Dean Burke,might be old news to some of you,I hope that for some of you it was completely new to you as it was for me.

Either new or old,we all can use a reminder once and a wile,especially with a subject as important & dangerous as water fluoridation.

I would like to think that Dr. Dean Burke in his lifetime denied ignorance,I applaud his honesty and courage to speak out by telling the truth amongst all of the lies.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sorry, Dr. Burke's assertion that laetrile is an effective cure for cancer makes him nothing more than a quack.

He is simply not credible enough to believe in this instance.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
As i have posted in the threads against Fluoridation, since i have given up fluoride my overall
health has dramatically improved.the only way for non believers to truly understand the true effect
that fluoride does to you is to quit using it.
the ADA has sooo many brainwashed into believing that fluoride is a needed chemical, when in fact
the body has absolutely zero requirement for it. Got cavities?? try giving up sugar.
Since the introduction of man made sugars and the diet of High carbohydrates,, cavities began to
destroy teeth.. Funny how man existed for so long without Fluoride treatment, without their teeth falling
out of their heads from cavity rot..
Also try to keep in mind that the ADA and FDA both assured the public that amalgam(Mercury) fillings
were safe to put into your mouth,.. Mercury happens to be the second most toxic element on the planet.
But then again,. without corporations like the FDA, ADA, the big pharma industry would have no legs.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Laetrile (i.e. amygdalin or Vitamin B17) therapy is one of the most popular and best known alternative cancer treatments. It is very simple to use and is very effective if used in high enough doses and if the product is of high quality and if it is combined with an effective cancer diet and key supplements (in other words, you need to do your homework to maximize its benefits).

Laetrile works by targeting and killing cancer cells and building the immune system to fend off future outbreaks of cancer. It uses two different methods for killing cancer cells. It involves a strict diet (as do all cancer treatments) and several supplements.

www.cancertutor.com...

I don't see how Burke's possible advocacy of laetril invalidates the fact the flouride is not in the water for anybody'ds benefit except profit and eugenics

also he is quoting evidence from other people's studies:

Dr Burk refers to a study conducted which compares the 10 largest U.S. cities with fluoridation and the 10 largest without. What researchers found was that following fluoridation, deaths from cancer went up immediately- in as little as a year.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Sorry, Dr. Burke's assertion that laetrile is an effective cure for cancer makes him nothing more than a quack.

Did you watch the video? happen to take a look at any of the links that I provided?

Regardless of your personal views on laetrile being an effective cancer treatment and Dr. Burke's endorsement of it has no bearing on the fact that what this man says about our fluoridated water supply and the detrimental effects & causes it is known for.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Don't take his word for it or mine,look it up for yourself

Originally posted by Danbones
[Snip]
I don't see how Burke's possible advocacy of laetril invalidates the fact the flouride is not in the water for anybody'ds benefit except profit and eugenics

also he is quoting evidence from other people's studies:

Dr Burk refers to a study conducted which compares the 10 largest U.S. cities with fluoridation and the 10 largest without. What researchers found was that following fluoridation, deaths from cancer went up immediately- in as little as a year.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

I agree,his advocacy for laetrile is irrelevant concerning fluoride dangers.

As far as him quoting other peoples work this is what I was able to dig up -
John Yiamouyiannis, a Ph.D. in biochemistry who had joined the NHF as Science Director and a formidable opponent against fluoridation began the study which expanded into a collaboration after being introduced to Burke.

So he was involved after all,albeit not the creator but collaborator.

Here is the link to that information and an excerpt -

Burk's preliminary statement was followed by a detailed collaborative effort between himself and Yiamouyiannis -- Burk's "second most important paper" (22). The authors showed that crude cancer death rates in the 10 largest fluoridated cities in the U.S.A. "were higher and had risen faster than those in the 10 largest nonfluoridated U.S. cities that had essentially the same crude cancer rates during the decade before fluoridation." They found that his increase occurred in persons 45-65 and 65 and over and that corrections for age, race, and sex did not eliminate the difference as suggested by the NCI (23). The bottom line was a 5-15% higher death rate (unweighted) in the fluoridated over the non-fluoridated communities compared in the study (24).

Criticism from fluoridation proponents was swift and hostile: the authors had failed to correct for age, sex, race, and cancer site distribution, it was claimed. When proper "adjustments" (i.e., manipulations) were made -- a constant proponent theme -- all was well with fluoridation (25). Another author emphasized that population gains (demography) explained the apparent problems away (26).

In memoriam -- Dean Burk (1904-1988)

That link clearly shows Burk's credentials disproving him to be a quake,regardless of what his peers thought about laetrile.
Not that the majority of those individuals would endorse alternative treatments of any kind that could possibly make their particular cancer treatments...and their jobs obsolete. (Not saying laetrile works,just making a point)

I have also found the complete study paper here for those interested -
FLUORIDATION-LINKED HUMAN CANCER BASED ON TIME-TREND MORTALITY DATA

Check out the study first and then make your mind up.

In my personal opinion the numbers very well could speak for themselves,It definitely begs the question of why the cancer related mortality numbers increased so abruptly with the fluoridation of the cities water supply.

In their own words from their study -

during its pre-fluoridation period, 1940-1950. When the latter group was then fluoridated during the years 1952-56 and thereafter, its average mortality rate immediately and steadily increased above that of the average mortality rate of the non-fluoridated group, with a significant difference evident by no more than two years, and very marked by five years.

The 3600 excess cancer deaths per year per 10,000,000 persons would, by simple extrapolation as a first approximation, amount to some 29,000 excess cancer deaths/ year/80,000,000 persons subjected to artificial fluoridation in the United States in 1969, and 33,000 excess cancer deaths/year/93,000,000 persons currently subjected to artificial fluoridation in 1975. Such mortality values are of the order of magnitude as those for the two leading cancer death sites in the United States, namely, breast and lung.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Developed a rare form of bone cancer called osteosarcoma.

Hmm.....

Osteogenic sarcoma affects 400 children under age 20 and 500 adults (most between the ages of 15-30) every year in the USA. Approximately 1/3 of the 900 will die each year, or about 300 a year

Around a thousand people a year with a specific cancer yet we attribute it to fluoride as the cause?

Uhh...

Remind me again how many people drink fluoridated water....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

I disagree. Laetrile is effective against skin cancer. Not ALL cancers.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Good topic. I've posted this before: the Nazis used fluoridated water in their concentration camps -- it also acts as a tranquilizer. We are being sedated.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
want to avoid cancer? than look up palmitic acid and acidosis. Fluroide is only toxic when its about 2ppm or greater. 1ppm is the maximum dose for fluoridation in the UK and now in the USA or it will be. FYI Fluoride can be found in naturally in most water sources and can be higher than 1ppm.

also to add Even though hexafluorosilliac acid is an acid when it put into the water supply the water has a high alkalinity which stops the hydrogen and fluoride ions from joining to make an acid...
edit on 15-4-2012 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm glad I live in an area where we could drill for an artesian well. I've had nothing but well water for most of my life, and while it takes a bit to get over the mineral content taste, it's much better for you. I still use floridated toothpaste, but only in small amounts, and because my pocketbook can't afford the higher cost of non-floridated toothpaste.

I've always known that fluoride is a toxic chemical, and I still don't understand why municipalities use it to this day. I know that in my area, several small townships have been taking public votes on whether or not to keep floridating municipal water supplies.

Then again, it seems that everything causes cancer these days, with only correlation to back up the data. It makes me wonder if there is a bigger problem at hand.

-TS

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Everything causes cancer these days.

Stop breathing, oxygen is highly carcinogenic!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I do not think it is to say that everyone who is exposed to fluoride will get osteogenic sarcoma but he is simply reporting that it was developed by the rats ingesting fluoridated water,among other disease/ailment.

There are many variables to consider,especially in comparison to humans vs. rodents.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectPerception
reply to post by boncho

I do not think it is to say that everyone who is exposed to fluoride will get osteogenic sarcoma but he is simply reporting that it was developed by the rats ingesting fluoridated water,among other disease/ailment.

There are many variables to consider,especially in comparison to humans vs. rodents.

Exactly the point.

Recently, researchers examined the possible relationship between fluoride exposure and osteosarcoma in a new way: they measured fluoride concentration in samples of normal bone that were adjacent to a person’s tumor. Because fluoride naturally accumulates in bone, this method provides a more accurate measure of cumulative fluoride exposure than relying on the memory of study participants or municipal water treatment records. The analysis showed no difference in bone fluoride levels between people with osteosarcoma and people in a control group who had other malignant bone tumors

Source

Abstract

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I lost my friend to cancer on Friday. I have been lobbying the local government about the health risks of flouride. Citing studies which they refer to QLD Health. There is a clear conspiracy of non objectivity on the Health sites we had a letter signed by 5000 medical practitioners that fluoride is dangerous however there is a small controlling lobby group which has kept it in place. The next step needs to be identifying these lobbyists their funders and what their interests are in perpetrating the health benefit myth to our governments.

This is the only way to stop it is to shine a light into the medical grants these agencies are receiving from mining interests which use the water supply as a disposal system for this toxic chemical. The rabbit hole goes deep and I am glad to see professionals still voicing concerns over this forced medication of the population.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Good topic. I've posted this before: the Nazis used fluoridated water in their concentration camps

no they didn't.

There is actually no credible evidence that fluoride was used in any concentration camps at all.

The sole source of the story was Charles Perkins - so Who was Charles Perkins and where did he get his info?

There is a claim he was sent by the US Govt to take charge of I.G. Faben after WW2 - but Perkins himself makes no actual mention of any connection with I. G. Faben in his book - an odd omission since it would be quite an important association to establish his credentials, and neither he nor fluoride rate any mention in "The Crime and Punishment of IG Farben".

Also I.G. Farbin had it's own war trial - the records are available online & I see no mention of Perkins or Fluoride in them - but they are very long - it's entirely possible I missed it so please feel free to point them out if you find any.

his failure to provide any documented link is analysed here.

Others have looked for evidence to support the claim - eg this forum discussion from 2009, and this one - AFAIK no-one has actually found any.

So there is no actual record of Charles Perkins being put "in charge" of IG Farbin at all, there is no mention of him or of fluoride in the IG Farbin war crimes trial (which was a completely separate trial for which the records are online), and Perkins himself makes no mention of having held this position in his own writings.

All the references to it are circular - they refer to a small number of publications that have fed off each other - the origins are a single unsubstantiated statement by Perkins as discussed here - he was not able to provide any evidence to back this up in the 1950's and I am unaware of any coming to light since - so the whole story of Nazi fluoridation relies upon this single unsubstantiated statement.

Perkins wrote a book "The truth about fluoridation" - and in it he makes no mention of the Nazi's using fluoridation - instead he says that Communists use it!

When asked to explain his communist comments in 1954, he failed to do so - instead saying the Nazi's had invented the idea of using fluoride for mas mind control.

the whole think is a story concocted by him, with massive and blatant errors of fact in it, but which has been seized by those who's purpose it suits, without them bothering to check to see if it is true.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They are not only attacking us with fluoride.

But thinking of putting mind altering chemicals in vaccines to dumb people down. They can pretty much cure anything, mental related and to fit their agenda.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

GUYS! we don't need any of this.

we need to go to the government, and say- THIS IS OUR CHOICE!! we don't want fluoride in our water EVEN IF YOU THINK ITS GOOD FOR US!!!

we decide to NOT have fluoride!!! and thats that.

what makes me so mad is all the brainwashed kids are going to defend fluoride because their teachers told them it was good for their teeth.

i remember when i was like 8 years old, all the teachers would make you do "swish day" the day when you swish yucky coca-cola colored, root beer flavored fluoride IN SCHOOL!!!

and you would get in trouble if you didn't!!

i brush my teeth at home! why was this necessary!?!?

i puke when i think about how they would always tell me how good it was for me, it SICKENS me how dumbed down the whole population is!

people that don't know JUNK will go forward and defend fluoride, just because a police man, or some informational VHS tape told them it was healthy for their teeth!!!!!!!!

there are tribes living in the middle of the jungle that NEVER BRUSH THEIR TEETH, and they have better teeth than most of the world.

the Government is a big trolling bully laughing its booty off about how we can't get them to stop forcing us to be medicated with poison every day.

it hurts so much that i can't tell them to stop, because they won't listen. they won't stop forcing me to be exposed to fluoride, no matter what i do, it feels hopeless.

i never asked for fluoride! Gov, please get the ********************** out of my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please forgive my language, the government is trolling me so naturally im very stressed out.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thank you all for the replies and opinions on this matter in the OP.

I apologize for some of the glaring spelling errors in which I have now noticed, unfortunately exceeded my time t fix them, unintentional mishaps in the attempt to relay as much information that I thought to be relevant to the thread.

I want to point out one typo from the original source that I noticed repeatedly and forgot to correct.
In the middle of my third post,Burk & John Yiamouyiannis research findings were made known in 1987 not 1997.

Silly as it may seem,I meant to type 'quack' not quake.

To that would still urge everyone if they would like to learn more about this subject and Burk in particular,please check out some of the links I provided.

I almost feel the need to defend a mans honor of whom I surely have never known or even realized existed in the first place until this article that I came across.

To set the record straight,Dr. Dean Burk was no "quack" and neither was John Yiamouyiannis ,they were honest,courageous individuals that denied ignorance by speaking the truth about the dangers of fluoridation despite being ridiculed by his peers for even daring to talk about "alternative" practices & therapy concerning cancer treatment. (Among many other men & women brave enough to speak out despite having their careers and credibility crucified)

Nothing has changed in the present day times we find ourselves in now.

There is no money,power or control in alternative or free treatments outside of big pharmaceuticals that have the FDA in their back pocket.

Take a quick look at Burk's credentials

Burk's professional career began in 1929 as an Associate Physical Chemist, at the Fixed Nitrogen Research Laboratory, Bureau of Chemistry and Soils, Department of Agriculture in Washington, D.C. (3). In 1939 he left that job to join the National Cancer Institute (NCI) of the National Institutes of health, with which he was associated until 1974, when he reached the mandatory retirement age of 70.

His government career, therefore, spanned 45 years. With the NCI, he was Senior Chemist (1939-1948), Principal Chemist (1948-1951), Head Chemist (1951-1958) and Chief Chemist (1958-1974). He was also simultaneously a faculty member, Associate Professor of Biochemistry, at the Cornell University Medical College during 1939-1941. From 1947 until his death he held the honorary post of Research Master, Graduate Faculty, George Washington University, and during 1974-1976, he was Guest Scientist at the U.S. Naval Research Institute.

His impressive list of memberships and honors is too numerous to cite completely here (4). A few examples of some of these are: Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (and organizer of cancer research conferences, 1942-1945);

American Association of Cancer Research; Foreign Scientific Member, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Munich, Germany and also the Institute for Cell Physiology, Berlin; Society of Experimental Biology and Medicine; Honorary President, German Society of Medical Tumorotherapy; and the Royal Society of Medicine, London. He was a member of the prestigious Cosmos Club in Washington, D.C. and the Commonwealth Club of California.

Source

No man or women is perfect,we are all fallible...Still,it is up to the individual to try and make a difference,to possibly correct a wrong,maybe stop it from even happening in the first place...To help not only ourselves but one another.

I believe Men like Burk and Yiamouyiannis have achieved that goal by telling the truth,exposing a "potentially " dangerous substance like fluoride from hurting & killing fellow human beings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join