It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh fibs, Half-Truths and More from Biden But Media Stays Mum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Admitting the (GM) bailout “wasn’t a very popular action,” Mr. Biden said it made Generals Motors was now “the largest corporation in the world” and “hiring…hundreds of thousands of new people.”

“Largest corporation in the world?” Really? By what measure? GM isn’t even #1 in America. It is #23 in the US measured by the number of employees. Its market cap is $41.9 billion; Apple’s is $575 billion. GM’s revenues last year were $135.6 billion; Wal-Mart’s were $421.9 billion. GM’s profits were $6.2 billion last year; AT&T’s $19.9 billion.

As for Mr. Biden’s claim that General Motors is hiring “hundreds of thousands of new people,” the car company has 208,000 workers today, compared to 263,000 at the time of Mr. Obama’s bailout

Sounds like Joe just makes these things up as he goes along...

The Vice President also plunged into health care, asserting, “there’s millions of people out there” already benefiting from provisions in the new law.

But far fewer people with preexisting conditions have signed up than anticipated (just 49,000), a much-ballyhooed subsidy for small businesses has gone virtually unused, and thousands of companies have been forced to seek waivers to keep millions of workers covered by existing policies.

www.foxnews.com...

I know that politicians are famous for stretching the truth...or "spinning" it in some way. But it would appear that Mr. Biden does not even have a basic grasp of the facts.

Okay...it needs to be said...and this guy is a heartbeat away from being President of the United States? Scary. And also a "profound" (as Obama likes to say) demonstration of the current President's lack of judgement.

This guy should not be running a 7-11, let alone be first in line to head the most powerful nation on Earth.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

We know them by their fruit. We also know that they are blind to their own deceit. It's not that they are unaware that they live a lie, it's that they don't care. The temporary reward they take is easier than suffering the work of proper truth. The law is no respecter of persons. All of us live by the law of returns. If we take an easy reward, a debt is created and suffering follows. Smoke and get cancer. The only way to true reward is to suffer first. Living life by virtue takes suffering and toil to earn the rewards of truth. Examples such as this are clearly seen for what they are.

Proverbs 12:19

Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment.

What they don't realize will be their downfall. The reason the common man loves a person like Ron Paul is for the simple fact that he suffers truth and denies ignorance. It's not the easy way out. It's the way that takes a true heart toward truth. People love him for it and loath the other side for their lies. Even a Liberal can see them for by their fruit. The sad fact for the liar is the sad fact for the ones who follow them. The easy reward is sought over the suffering necessary for true and lasting reward. They will steal the election and think they have the reward. In reality, the create more debt to pay.

If they would only open their eyes to what this means, they would run. A debt is created when we steal reward. As evidence, the tables of the moneychangers are turned to a debt of 15 trillion dollars. They can try and aim that debt at the American people, but the truth of the matter will be evident. We know them by their fruit. Truth will prevail and the liar has his reward here and now. The moment comes and is gone in that same moment. Meanwhile, those who cling to truth, liberty and freedom will enjoy the same forever. Baptism into this world is gained by love. Love can only give. The thieves will be left in darkness with the rewards they steal. I will gladly suffer now and receive mine later after it is earned.

Matthew 20:16

"So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last."

edit on 15-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

“there’s millions of people out there” already benefiting from provisions in the new law.

I think there are a lot of people who have taken advantage of some aspects of the new healthcare plan. I for one have taken advantage of having my daughter stay on my healthcare plan after college until she found a good full time job with benefits. At 24, she's now on her feet with health care benefits and doing well. I'm sure a lot of parents who have college graduates struggling to find jobs in this economy are taking advantage of this part of the bill.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

“there’s millions of people out there” already benefiting from provisions in the new law.

I think there are a lot of people who have taken advantage of some aspects of the new healthcare plan. I for one have taken advantage of having my daughter stay on my healthcare plan after college until she found a good full time job with benefits. At 24, she's now on her feet with health care benefits and doing well. I'm sure a lot of parents who have college graduates struggling to find jobs in this economy are taking advantage of this part of the bill.

The new healthcare law is the inroad for their true intentions. If they control access, they can demand tracking. They tried to hide this in the legislation. We found it anyway. A government that can force its citizens to purchase healthcare can also force them to take a microchip under the skin to receive that care. This is precisely what is called for in the details of the law. What's next? Car insurance? Driver's license? Food? If it starts here, it will not end.

The mark of the beast is Carbon (6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons). Once the money fails, Carbon is the new backing for our money system. Cap and Trade was the first attempt. Europe is already leading the way. The UNESCO Biosphere Reserves is the new gold standard. The system is being setup around us and we are blind to it. It's all out in the open.

edit on 15-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Without doubt, I am sure, some people (as you have) are seeing benefits of certain elements of the plan.

The point of the thread, though, is that the V.P. of the United States appears to be disconnected from the reality of the results of policy decisions...or, if not, has no problem with fabricating grandiose superlatives to describe how wonderful things have turned out (as a result of those decisions).

...now the biggest in the world...hundreds of thousands of new jobs...millions of people benefiting...

At the least ignorance, and at the worst blatant misrepresentation. Take your pick.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

I haven't met a politician that hasn't embellished on anything that could help them during an election year. I don't think Biden has a monopoly on that. He may have been totally off the mark, but how many voters actually will check out facts? That's why people vote the way they do. They take everything that comes out of a politicians mouth as truth. (I think one of the credentials for being a politician is to be able to talk around a subject and be a good liar). Many politicians have been caught up in lies, just look at how the GOP candidates have embellished their records or have exaggerated statements said by one of their competitors.

I understand your point, but these politicians are not the sharpest tools in the tool box. Biden, Bush & Palin are just a few that come to mind. Heck, many of our politicians have never even read the Patriot Act, yet they blindly voted on it. Give me a day and I can probably find someone that would put all these political morons to shame.

top topics

join