It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America and Britain screwed Australia and its bid for Nuclear Weapons! (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This is an excellent documentary titled Fortress Australia, and it goes into detail about the harsh times of the Cold War. It explores Australia's bid for Nuclear weapons and the subsequent attempts by the USA and Britain to make sure Australia did not get any. It delves into the way in which the USA treated Australia for a period of time - Classing Australia on the exact same level as the USSR, sharing no information whatsoever. This is a highly detailed documentary that is definitely worth a watch!

edit on 15-4-2012 by daaskapital because: title

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Oh wow thanks for sharing. Will start watching now. I always wondered what Australia's part was in the whole scheme of things... perhaps this will help shed some light on the subject for me.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
S&F Thanks will check it out and comment later

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Almalexia

No worries. It is very interesting!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Wow, nice thread

I never knew about this.

We are sitting on all that uranium and we are one of few American Allies in the region.
We should be armed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Wow, nice thread

I never knew about this.

We are sitting on all that uranium and we are one of few American Allies in the region.
We should be armed.

Thanks

I agree. We should be armed, and we should have got them during the Cold War. But America and Britain used us for testing and for our uranium, and then screwed us over by not giving us vital information for the construction of Nuclear Weapons.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Wow! Amazed to see all the videos here. Australia is classed the same as the USSR - Wow!

I can't wait to see these videos. Will respond as soon as possible.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Truthandinfo

Yeah, we were for a period of time. The uSA refused to share information with us. This part in particular is touched on in Part 2.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
although us brits are known for shafting other nations, we also got shafted by america just prior to and during the manhatton project.

prior to the manhatton project briton was ahead in atomic research and a deal was done with the yanks to share information.

once america started the manhatton project it was considered too sensitive to share so the deal was off.

looking at other projects and inventions, briton has been stiffed by america over other projects as well. jet engine, radar anyone?

i am just saying us brits have been stifed by america as well so you aussie boys are not alone on that one.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Must be Angry DAAS Against the USA time

Oh Sunday, it is too !!!

Ahhh the lesser of evil. What would I prefer. If I play this game, I say the US, because if they are the enemy, I trust them a lot more than the enemy that hides within and sans uniform.

No point playing 4D Boxing, if the enemy is playing Whack'A'Mole.

So, what a dilemma. Do I hit the red button, calling out my stealth card, OR do I hold onto the blue button, biding my time, in case the wind passes, carrying the flatulence of threat along with it.

Imma sit on the "Hey Sailor, I'm an ugly bloke, but I'll give you a beer for stopping by!" box Ernie, I'll keep the "THE YANKIES ARE COMING THE YANKIES ARE COMING!!" box.. it's got a half life of 3.5 days, so in 7 days, it should have decayed to the point quantum mechanics requires a duplicate to ensure atomic cohesion and sustainability.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

It's like a ladder

USA doesn't share info with Britain/Australia

Britain doesn't share info with Australia, yet shares with the USA

Australia, shares info with both, yet gets shafted by both.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Ah, can you speak English please?

I'm not angry, only dissapointed that the USA and Britain intentionally screwed Australia over.

i see someone has done some profiling

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Just finished watching it! Very insightful documentary on a history every Australian should know.

Pretty pissed that we have hundreds of square kilometres poisoned with plutonium though from British and US government nuclear testing D:

I love part 6 and I agree with the fact that if we had developed nuclear weapons that would have put a big fat target on our country as a possible threat at any time in the future. And because we didn't develop nor harbour atomic weapons we were able to increase the pressure for global disarmament.

Again thanks for sharing!!!

edit on 15-4-2012 by Almalexia because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Almalexia

No worries mate

The whole situation is like a double bladed sword. On one hand, it could have helped us militarily and economically. On the other, it could have made Australia a target for other countries (too bad we already are a target
)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
To be honest its been a blessing. Now you don't have to spend billions on maintaining and upgrading a nuclear white elephant.

You can spend it on equipment that might actually get used.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I dont feel 'screwed over". Im glad we dont have nukes. Im not surprised one iota with revelations of history. All I needed to know about alliances I learned via the English b/s at Gallipoli and what followed after...incidents and 'accidents' that showed they are not just unworthy of the name Ally but activly worthy of the name " reckless fuedal overlords" ones that hold to policies and global world views we must disengage from entirely of we are to truly stand on our own two feet as a nation. In the view that we/Australia can stand on or own not just militarily if we have to, but also socio-politically, I agree with Baxters view 100%. Its *how* we do that, that really matters.

Ro

edit on 15-4-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

I'm not angry, only dissapointed that the USA and Britain intentionally screwed Australia over.

Why sure I can speak English, would not be of much use here however, as I am typing.. I could use dragon dictate, but .. well it's the same thing really, you don't hear me. I can yell pretty loud, if you're close to a highway?

I know you're disappointed with ^^ insert topic ^^ because I keep reading threads about how intolerable the US are, and *thwonk!* right in the kisser, your op, your name. And the last time it was a Sunday. We're being invaded, we're screwed over, with an odd "Why does the US hate Australia?" sentiment thrown in.

I can only assume you do a service to others, as you get support for it. And so you should. That is the point of it all, free speech and all.

Personally, the entire topic, it's all a bit silly to me. And I cannot imagine having such a bewildering distrust from such a safe place, unless wild paranoia was substantial enough to warrant notice, OR my god they're setting up road blocks and putting old people in chains, and if I did.. I'd worry first for my own sanity. Not throw it out there to ATS just to get feebback.

Damn #su tonka. They need better background checkers... The ATS one I paid for is useless!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by daaskapital

Why sure I can speak English, would not be of much use here however, as I am typing.. I could use dragon dictate, but .. well it's the same thing really, you don't hear me. I can yell pretty loud, if you're close to a highway?
Perhaps i should have written "write."

I know you're disappointed with ^^ insert topic ^^ because I keep reading threads about how intolerable the US are, and *thwonk!* right in the kisser, your op, your name. And the last time it was a Sunday. We're being invaded, we're screwed over, with an odd "Why does the US hate Australia?" sentiment thrown in.

Sure, i have threads criticising the USA, it does not make me anti-American. It is well known that Australia has been disregarded by most of its allies througout history. Yes, the USA did screw Australia at certain points in history, yes, so did Britain,

I can only assume you do a service to others, as you get support for it. And so you should. That is the point of it all, free speech and all.

Personally, the entire topic, it's all a bit silly to me. And I cannot imagine having such a bewildering distrust from such a safe place, unless wild paranoia was substantial enough to warrant notice, OR my god they're setting up road blocks and putting old people in chains, and if I did.. I'd worry first for my own sanity. Not throw it out there to ATS just to get feebback.

I was throwing this topic out there as it is genuine. the USA and Britain did screw Australia over during the Cold War. The distrust may have stemmed from the shafting Australia has recieved for the last100 years.

Again, to reiterate. I am not Anti-American

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Sorry to say this but I have a hard time wrapping my head around your sentences too.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
More than nuclear weapons I want nuclear power in Australia. Energy costs are out of control and the ridiculous carbon tax is just around the corner.

It is a pity it is practically out of the question, with all the scare of a Fukushima like incident, but in my opinion with the latest technologies it would be safe and clean.

As for nuclear weapons, I have never been a fan of war and do not see the use of such weapons.

America has never given as good as they have got, to any nation, let alone Australia. They are all take and do so with force. Any Australian PM that has tried to stand up to America has been disposed of either through discreditation or just disappearance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join