It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh America Your So Fine,Your So Fine You Blow My Mind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As I read through this thread, it saddens me. I don't think it is just americans that is decline. All this hate that I read here, makes me believe that the human race will destroy itself some day.

But til then, I disagree about america. I don't think we are going anywhere, so something will have to eventually change.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

And you are who, Josef K.'s lawyer? I'm kidding.

There are a growing number of Americans who are on point & addressing some issues you've raised (you seem to be aware of such efforts). I would not describe those numbers as comprising the most powerful & influential majority, but the numbers are surging &, most importantly, young adults are becoming educated & involved in political processes that, with time, may change the landscape and pave the way for reform in the future.

If nothing else your rage against rage got me thinking of culture, climate, and processes that cannot be corrected or changed at the whim of urgency. Just as you & like-minded Australians cannot institute political & financial reforms according to a specified timeline, nor can Americans. Faultlines have expanded with time; filling the void requires consensus & time. In the end catastrophic results may occur despite the best efforts of concerned, active Americans, regardless their political affiliation and educational background.

Your cynical heurism was, in my opinion, unnecessary. Beyond that I can appreciate the conern you expressed in relation to Australia's welfare concomitant to U.S. stability. I've no wish for Australia's economy/welfare to go to tatters anymore than I wish the same to occur in my nation. That much we agree on.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Good post, but I wanted to clarify The Red Baron was a German fighter pilot not American.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
this guy decries the american education system yet can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're" or even use an apostrophe properly. what a joke.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
this guy decries the american education system yet can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're" or even use an apostrophe properly. what a joke.

I also made a few spelling mistakes.

Your education system is terrible.

I cringed when I noticed sentance

-Again,your education system is terrible.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Good post, but I wanted to clarify The Red Baron was a German fighter pilot not American.

but after that it was pretty much America.

Yeah,I know,thats what I said.

And thanks hey.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I never understood these whole "country vs. country" arguments. America's a huge place, and quite diverse. We have crime-filled ghettos saturated with concrete and weeds, and we have breath-taking green valleys with peaceful, community-minded folk. We have cities with flashy cars, expensive 2-story homes and where most people only wear the latest in expensive trends. We also have towns where people bring their home-grown foods and homemade crafts to a street fair, who could care less about glamor. And of course, there's everything in between.

I've never been to another country, but I imagine this diversity of culture can't be too different from what other countries have.

Even when it comes to the Government, things aren't the same across the board. Is it legal for gays to get married? Depends on which state you live in. Do you have to report to the local school district every week if you want to homeschool your child? Yes if you're in California, no if you're in Idaho.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here's a video of Route 66 and some views of America. It's huge.

I reread your opening post Germanicus and thought of this video. I know what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Hey thanks for that. Thanks for the thread chat the other night. It was fun

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Ha!

Come to Australia. Its awesome.

Maltreat any Abo's lately?

Yeah, sorry, every country has a little dark secret they like to hide. Australia isn't any different.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join