It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic boss furious at PM(AU)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Olympic boss furious at PM

m.news.com.au

Ms Gillard will not attend the summer games in London in July, a move Mr Coates says is disappointing for Australian athletes.

"I thought London would be an absolute must for Julia, so I'm disappointed," he told Fairfax newspapers.

"It's a disappointment to us. It will be a disappointment to our team."

A spokesman for Ms Gillard said prime ministers rarely attend the Olympics.

"This year, as has happened in the past, the Prime Minister will be represented by the sports minister," he said.

Mr Coates is also angered Ms Gillard will not attend the Australian Olympic Committ
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 15-4-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I wonder why she is refusing to the budge on this?

Also a bit strange how thats our monarchy and she isn't supporting her monarchy by being there. Haven't Prime Minsters been at other Olympics in the past?

I'm here thinking this London Olympics is going to be a false flag attack if I find anything else out its going to be hell suspect.

Is there anything else similar happening in the UK?

m.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-4-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I for one am not going to criticise Gillard for this. The Olympics are primarily symbolic, and for anyone other than the athletic community themselves, are pointless, and very largely irrelevant.

The claim in particular, that the Olympic Games have in any way served their original stated purpose, of meaningfully contributing to world peace, is demonstrably false. The Games might have stopped wars for the Greeks, but they don't in contemporary society.

So I can well understand if Ms. Gillard feels that she has more important things to do with her time, because frankly, she does. The opening ceremony is vapid, futile pageantry, and nothing else.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Everyone dislikes the Gillard and the Labour Party. She has some serious butt kissing to do less the Labour party are completely overthrown at the next election. Just like what happened in Queensland, that entire party is over, for the time being...
So, I'd assume she's going to spend her Olympic fortnight attempting to advertise ad sell the fony policies that ironically will be the end of her political career.

Me? I was never good at sports...
edit on 15/4/12 by spearhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
Me? I was never good at sports...
edit on 15/4/12 by spearhead because: (no reason given)

LOL. Me neither. Then again, that isn't the only issue here. Sports fans and athletes can and already do have their own international events, which anyone who wants to can watch.

That's the real problem with the Olympics. We don't need them. Apart from anything else, they're redundant.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Also a bit strange how thats our monarchy and she isn't supporting her monarchy by being there.

Stockholm syndrome much?!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
So maybe Gillard should be going then?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Gillard is the Illuminati bagmen's choice for Prime Minister. All she is good for is going to UN/G8/G20 cabal meetings, where rich people discuss how they're going to "manage," the rest of us. She is supposed to be their local representative in Australia. She doesn't represent the people internationally; she represents the cabal locally.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Did you read the article?

Prime Ministers RARELY attend Olympic events.

So, what's the fuss?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by amraks

So, what's the fuss?

Didn't you read the OP?

It is their monarchy that is not being supported.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Is the sports minister not adequate enough?

Besides, the Olympics are nothing but a wasteful spectacle.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

What I meant was, that the underlying tone of the OP is one that connects Australia with the British through the monarchy. Why? Well, several reasons...one being a feeling of security or belonging. Hence the "stockholm syndrome" comment. Just take a look through the op's post history to see how accurate the underlined observation is.

Edit:

having looked through the post history myself, it would seem like an accurate observation. Maybe a little over the top, but accurate nonetheless.

edit on 15-4-2012 by InfoKartel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
We should stop paying these mooching athletes taxpayer money to do things like pole vault. Get a job you bums! And the world should stop wasting money on these event's. What is the point? What a massive waste of time.

And I would say Gillard doesnt have time to waste on stuff like this. She will be geting ready to be tossed out of office. Oh happy day.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Gillard is the Illuminati bagmen's choice for Prime Minister. All she is good for is going to UN/G8/G20 cabal meetings, where rich people discuss how they're going to "manage," the rest of us. She is supposed to be their local representative in Australia. She doesn't represent the people internationally; she represents the cabal locally.

Oooh nice bag of tricks, but how come only the holder of the bag gets to see this way of things? I want one of these magic bags too.

Do I have to 'earn' my way up the ladder of knowledge, or am I supposed to just become aware of all the knowledge involving the NWO and the illumaniti etc? Do I need to find the holy grail, or at least cut a tall tree down with a herring?

Ahhh how do the common folk come by these facts, that by themselves outshine any living or tangible thing, to become holy and cast out the doomed, who will never see.

All out of blue pills.. red ones went yanks ago too... does this amber effervescent fluid hold the answer? Hold on, let me find out... only 22 left to go, shouldn't take too long..

*hic*

no but really.. this is like using toothpaste for oil... Oh you hear a squeak all right. Something must be awry. I'll use toothpaste, and see if that stops the noise!

Sure enough it did, but you could have used crap.. they both dry up where the truth appears to withstand the harsh evidence of daylight.

Oooh illiminati henchmen, with a wig, and a long nose, does anything they tell her... woooo.. prove me wrong, see if you dont!!!!11

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Is there anything else similar happening in the UK?

Any dissent of the Olympic games in the UK is met with allegations of being unpatriotic. This is the Jubylimpic year. A combination of the Queens Jubilee and the Olympics. It's your duty as a good British subject to enjoy these events.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I think its wise for everyone to avoid the games if possible.

London
Islamic Terrorism

Such a great opportunity in the heartland of western civilization!

wouldnt be surprised if an Obama look alike was also present.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by amraks

So, what's the fuss?

Didn't you read the OP?

It is their monarchy that is not being supported.

Don't you know the way things are? The PM is NOT the head of state. Our representative to the queen is the Governor General.

The PM has nothing to do with the monarchy. Despite what the idiotic monarchists who throw repugnant derivatives models of a republic at you, and then claim it is not what the people want, when a referendum fails, would have you... their disingenuous nature revealed.

We're stamps under a flag - a flag I stand by, but one without shame, still a sign of our entrenched monarchy.

The olympics? All it is to me is a time when television unites to be as pathetically bothersome as ever, even with new channels, it just means more of the same garbage 24/7 on even more air space.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Why the hell should a Prime Minister go to the olympics? Who the hell is this olympics fool and who do they think they actually are anyway?

Seriously, it's a bunch of people playing sport, not a diplomatic or national crisis.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
We should stop paying these mooching athletes taxpayer money to do things like pole vault. Get a job you bums! And the world should stop wasting money on these event's. What is the point? What a massive waste of time.

And I would say Gillard doesnt have time to waste on stuff like this. She will be geting ready to be tossed out of office. Oh happy day.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

Modern society could define a job as "working to earn money" by doing "manual labour that the owner can pay you to perform."

You do know that advertising is a full time job, even if the worker is 100% unaware that they are being used?

If you like your job too much, if you get to do things your job seems to give you for free - you're the product.

Sports people are 100% a product earning someone money, so "get a job" is rendered meaningless when applying it to someone who not only is working by being paid to wear snazzy shoes and run really fast, but is also a major cog in the icon machine, pumping out dollars to fat cats in expensive suits that will be born, live and die never knowing what sweat on their palms for a honest days work, feels like.

And no no no, I don't think someone who can run and kick a ball around, deserves anywhere NEAR the revenue they earn, jesus.. it appears that the more you damage your brain while earning this money helps set you up for a life behind the idiot box, incoherently slurring your way through a match. "Errurryhwayh Goalll!!! errhhtdikhead... waahh aneescores anuvva goal.." And thank you Eddie. *blank stare at outward monitor space*

I do that without the sport, and I'm a bum. He does it after kicking a ball around for a few years, grabing a few barmaids bums and being a "role model" to impressionable youth, and he's a 'ken champion and the sun shines out of his backside.

Thorpie... Let me tell you... Oh what a hero, swims like a champion fish! Hero.. Oh the bong? Shh, never mind that.. he's just a very good athlete.

(DESPITE THE BONG - Less to be learn there kiddos, only winners need bongs!)

Eat your 15 wheetabix, your bowl of kellogs iron flakes and slurp your yoghurt toast smoothie and winnar.. Win at sports. And when you're old and frail, know how Weak and Miserable you are... It was all in your youth.. HA. PM going to the olympics...

Olympics...

Olympics... pointless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join