It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More then 20% of Irish children "hear voices"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Firstly I've decided to put this under general conspiracies, as i believe it to be quite plausible that such 'auditory hallucinations' could be attributed to the types of food we now consume, water we now drink, as well as immunizations and vaccines we now receive that have now been found to attribute to mental issues (such as autism).

I had a quick search and could not find this posted anywhere so my apologies if it has.

More than one in five Irish children between 11 and 13 have reported hearing voices, a sign some experts believe is a risk factor in mental illness.

Researchers carried out psychiatric assessments of almost 2,500 children aged between 11 and 16 in both school-based surveys and in-depth interviews around the country.

BBC

Psychological problems are rising at an incredibly alarming rate, statistically it could be attributed to the pharmaceutical industry pushing for reasons to give our kids mind altering drugs at a young age. Could it be possible that with all the terrible crap they put in food and medication, that it's actually causing problems to the younger generations?

20% is not a small number, in fact we should be very alarmed if these kids are genuinely hearing voices in their heads. I am also curious as to how they went about testing this. If these kids aren't actually hearing voices and are more or less being influenced by grown ups, it could be used as a reason to increase the amount of kids taking mind altering drugs.

Or perhaps they are bringing 'imaginary friends' to a whole new level.

I'm interested to hear other members views on this.

Maybe extra terrestrials are communicating to our kids telepathically these days

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Oh geesh,I'm a red headed step child to boot....captured and put into slavery from them

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is a real concern - far too much Guiness being consumed - Hiiicc - up! Sorry I need to cut down. But I got into it alright - it says on the bottom of the bottle - 'OPEN OTHER END'

Seriously these so called expert researchers come up with all kinds.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I hear a voice in my head....its called thinking. Good on those 20%! If only we could get that number up....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Kids that age cannot be reliably surveyed on anything. You could ask them what they had for lunch after you watched them eat it and have a margin of error that large. Some will mess with your mind. Some will unaffectedly lie. Some will tell you what they think you want to hear.

A few days ago I heard it reported that 20% of kids aged 13 and 14 (in an American survey) had reported that they'd been "abused" on dates.

You'd think that any adult who'd had any experience whatsoever with kids would know better than to expect them to answer a survey with honesty and accuracy. Who the hell takes a survey among kids that age and is actually stupid enough to publish the results?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Who the hell takes a survey among kids that age and is actually stupid enough to publish the results?

The government...I remember having to take all sorts of test in school that questioned us about our drug use..i had friends who put down that they tried crack and heroin just to be funny....it wasnt too funny when they made DARE cops come to our school and lecture us about drugs after that.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Kids that age cannot be reliably surveyed on anything. You could ask them what they had for lunch after you watched them eat it and have a margin of error that large. Some will mess with your mind. Some will unaffectedly lie. Some will tell you what they think you want to hear.

A few days ago I heard it reported that 20% of kids aged 13 and 14 (in an American survey) had reported that they'd been "abused" on dates.

You'd think that any adult who'd had any experience whatsoever with kids would know better than to expect them to answer a survey with honesty and accuracy. Who the hell takes a survey among kids that age and is actually stupid enough to publish the results?

Yeah i was thinking the same thing, it's very easy to manipulate kids, especially if a fancy man in a white suit is asking the questions.

But by that same token, lets say it was a legit survey and the kids were seriously hearing voices that weren't their own (if that makes sense), that's some seriously messed up statistics.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

But by that same token, lets say it was a legit survey and the kids were seriously hearing voices that weren't their own (if that makes sense), that's some seriously messed up statistics.

Lets not forget, children are also more susceptible to paranormal encounters, apparently. Theres been alot of info posted on ATS about that, if you believe.

Also, I wonder if they counted having an "imaginary friend", which lots of kids have, as "hearing voices"

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Lets not forget, children are also more susceptible to paranormal encounters, apparently. Theres been alot of info posted on ATS about that, if you believe.

Also, I wonder if they counted having an "imaginary friend", which lots of kids have, as "hearing voices"

Yeah i've heard the idea that "those who are more open to paranormal experiences are more likely to experience them", and i guess that same logic would fit with children as they are still developing and aren't properly molded by the rat race yet.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well, I feel better after reading your post. I have a red-headed 4yr. old with a best/imaginary friend named Robot Tom.lol. I started to think maybe there really was an invisible robot sleeping on the couch. You grounded me. Thanks.

edit on 15-4-2012 by BrittanyLea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Yeah i was thinking the same thing, it's very easy to manipulate kids, especially if a fancy man in a white suit is asking the questions.

I won't deny that those are some seriously messed-up statistics. I'd like to see the actual questions and how the survey was taken. There are all kinds of bias in surveys. Someone wanted to see results like that; I think that's what should be clear here. But why? Who is it who benefits?

Think about it for a moment. Who had the idea of asking that particular question? Where did they come up with the idea? Was it just some random question dropped into a general-purpose survey? Was that the lead question or the only question on the survey? Was it a survey on how kids perceive perception?

This sort of thing doesn't just happen in a vacuum. It wasn't just a random question out of nowhere. Somebody has an agenda--I sense a conspiracy. Oh, wait....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I remember hearing years ago that 80% of american schoolchildren admitted bringing weapons to school. At first, I thought, wow, then I realized the study mechanics were most likely flawed. Very few studies meet the requirements to be considered 'statistically significant'. The study that showed aspirin helping prevent strokes was one where 10,000 doctors took one aspirin a day for 10 years, very reliable.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Sorry, Hangman. I didn't really mean to get this involved. But I do want to state for the record that I think some of the brightest and most creative kids do "hear voices." I don't see it necessarily as a sign of mental illness. Which is a little bit why I'm so opinionated on this. I'd hate to see these kids stigmatized and labeled and then the social-services goons called in.

It just really pisses me off....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Sorry, Hangman. I didn't really mean to get this involved. But I do want to state for the record that I think some of the brightest and most creative kids do "hear voices." I don't see it necessarily as a sign of mental illness. Which is a little bit why I'm so opinionated on this. I'd hate to see these kids stigmatized and labeled and then the social-services goons called in.

Actually, Im thinking its a way to justify selling more anti-depressants and anti-psychotics to kids for just being kids.

you need to start messing them up early so they accept the crap easier later in life.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I don't see it as a sign of mental illness either, at least in this particular experiment, i think there is a rational explanation for how these statistics got so high. Personally i think that surveys such as these are often used as evidence to promote medicinal drug use among children.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Leprichauns

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Firstly I've decided to put this under general conspiracies, as i believe it to be quite plausible that such 'auditory hallucinations' could be attributed to the types of food we now consume, water we now drink, as well as immunizations and vaccines we now receive that have now been found to attribute to mental issues (such as autism).

I had a quick search and could not find this posted anywhere so my apologies if it has.

More than one in five Irish children between 11 and 13 have reported hearing voices, a sign some experts believe is a risk factor in mental illness.

Researchers carried out psychiatric assessments of almost 2,500 children aged between 11 and 16 in both school-based surveys and in-depth interviews around the country.

BBC

Psychological problems are rising at an incredibly alarming rate, statistically it could be attributed to the pharmaceutical industry pushing for reasons to give our kids mind altering drugs at a young age. Could it be possible that with all the terrible crap they put in food and medication, that it's actually causing problems to the younger generations?

20% is not a small number, in fact we should be very alarmed if these kids are genuinely hearing voices in their heads. I am also curious as to how they went about testing this. If these kids aren't actually hearing voices and are more or less being influenced by grown ups, it could be used as a reason to increase the amount of kids taking mind altering drugs.

Or perhaps they are bringing 'imaginary friends' to a whole new level.

I'm interested to hear other members views on this.

Maybe extra terrestrials are communicating to our kids telepathically these days

My guess is: The souls being born now are on a higher level than the ones before. Yeep the system and medical industry is doing everything it can to stop the evolution since it will probably not listen to the crap anymore.

Kinda make me think about take that the kidz.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I remember they did surveys in our high school a few times, and most of us just answered questions the way we thought would be funny to talk about later.

Not an accurate gauge at all...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This is very interesting because I have researched quite a bit on many topics and this immediately rang a bell. There have been a couple interviews, maybe more, of people who claim to have been used by the government for various experiments where they indicated that tptb running these experiments were very interested in children who were of specific heritages. Irish and Native American being the two most desirable, and a combination of the two being even more desirable. From what I remember, the reasoning behind this had something to do with these groups having a higher proclivity to psychic abilities. Duncan O'Finioan was one of the interviewees that spoke about this. Perhaps there's no connection here, but maybe there is...

If it's true that somehow the Irish are more in-tune with their psychic powers, then maybe this study is a sign that we are moving into a time of enlightenment... Call it ascension or a shift in dimensions...

I worked with mentally ill and autistic children for years and have an extensive understanding of treatment, especially pharmaceuticals and know how they effect these kids. I do believe that studies like this can and will be used to further the acceptance of over medicating. This is very dangerous. I have seen the long-term effects these drugs have and many side effects last long after the meds are stopped.

My brother was placed on Ritalin after being diagnosed with ADD. Something changed in him. He was never the same. Even after he stopped taking it, it seemed as though his entire personality had changed. My brother and I were very close when we were kids. He's only three years younger than I. I can't explain it... Even my parents don't understand when I tried telling them. After growing up and becoming a mental health professional I was able to look back and realize that my brother did not have ADD. He should have never been put on medication, but because my parents were young and didn't have the skills to deal with the real issues at hand, they trusted an incompetent school psychologist and took her recommendation as to what doctor to take him to. This doctor was not a psychiatrist and didn't even examine or talk to my brother before handing my mother a script.

This seems complete insanity to me, but has become an ever increasing norm. I sincerely hope there is a paradigm shift coming so that we stop this ridiculousness and quit drugging our kids. I also hope that people listen to kids more... Instead of writing them off all off as liars.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Sounds like some more of the psychology-psychiatry polls. You hear that? Cha-ching. Cha-ching. Cha-ching.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join