It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at UFO with 'no effect'Minnesota

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Sounds to me like 2 rednecks who A) Are way too paranoid to be owning firearms in the first place and B) They can't shoot worth a damn.

xXxinfidelxXx
Your not alone in those thoughts most think the same way..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Just a few things

The video, what was the point of it, not the OP but the person who made it, call me old fashioned but I CAN read a page from a link, I also would have read the correct words and not create my own as the lady reading did. The entire video was just about a person reading out pages with one diagram, there was little or no personal comment from the video maker so all in all not really useful.

I know that might sound harsh but I view video's that have a creative information approach, if I wanted a website audio reading program I would have done it by now.

Next, does the whole thing not sound rather fishy?

2 men out with guns see a craft shaped somewhat like a plane but hovering so they open up on it with powerful weapons?

Surely the plane shape must have registered with them as earthly, you know, if it looks like a plane then it most likely is one, even the stealth bomber looks like an earthly plane but just weird. And the fact the just fired upon it does not sit right, IF they were scared (I favour drunk or high to be honest) surely the first reaction would be to run,I mean if you think its some sort of alien craft then the brain says your little short range shotgun or rifle are very unlikely to do any damage much like if you shot at a plane at low altitude.

Something tells me this is a cock and bull story to cover two blokes party night out...

Mclaneinc
Your right there was little or no personal comment from the video maker maybe it was 2 Minnesota good old boys having a few beers sitting around the campfire letting there imaginations go wild and maybe not only they know for sure
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luminaught

True story:
1984: Cooper Texas.
Sunday night, Morris "Popeye" Gillham saw a triangular U.F.O. at an altitude of about 30 feet over Cooper Reservior.
As he was paddling his jonboat back to where he parked his pickup, Gillham reports as he came around a bend he saw the 60 foot long U.F.O. hovering in perfect silence, with a hose let down to the water.
Mr. Gillham further reported that he took two shots at it with a 22 rifle and the bullets just made a pinging sound and fell into the water.
Then he said a door opened in the side of the U.F.O. A catwalk came out about three feet, and a man in military uniform stepped out and said " HEY, DUMB***, QUIT SHOOTING AT US."
Mr. Gillham said that it was still there when he started traveling back toward town, but thought he should report the incident to authorities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A. Bullets contact made a pinging noise.
A.(1) Bullets didn't pierce craft.
B. CONTACT EVENT: Yes
B. (1) Description of contact; above.
Intruder spoke english, appeared human, was wearing a military type uniform.

Luminaught
Thanks for posting that true story about what Morris "Popeye" Gillham saw over Cooper Reservoir.
When you read stuff like this it makes a person think maybe the men in Minnesota did see something along these lines and just maybe what they saw was a military craft one of our own this is were i think people need to have a open mind on this subject..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Blows your mind sometimes when you travel down the rabbit hole. I can just envision the little guys laughing up a storm at "These puny humans and their archaic projectile weapons"

If you like that one the Rendelsham Forest sighting from the 1980`s is by far my favorite and the most revealing when it comes to ETs. Well that one and another from recent times where two F-15 pilots were scrambled to investigate a radar blip and the pilot that got a visual said it looked like a big rock.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear

Blows your mind sometimes when you travel down the rabbit hole. I can just envision the little guys laughing up a storm at "These puny humans and their archaic projectile weapons"

If you like that one the Rendelsham Forest sighting from the 1980`s is by far my favorite and the most revealing when it comes to ETs. Well that one and another from recent times where two F-15 pilots were scrambled to investigate a radar blip and the pilot that got a visual said it looked like a big rock.

StratosFear
The Rendelsham Forest sighting is one of my favorites when it comes to aliens and crafts and so many people backing the whole thing up that one i believe to be true ..
I'm sure if that was a alien craft the guys in Minnesota shot at the aliens are still laughing up a storm ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

MER for .30-06 depends a lot on the shooter and the gun. These guys are taking it out to 500 meters

vegasshooters.proboards.com...

There is an interesting table on this page which describes the damage of the round out to 600 yards

en.wikipedia.org...

Accuracy out to 1000 yards is possible but penetration on anything but paper would be obviously poor.

www.snipercountry.com...

I own a 1903 Springfield .30-06 refitted with a new barrel glass bedded into a sport stock and a Redfield 3-9X50 scope and I can attest to accuracy on a man sized target out to 500 yards as that is the max distance at our little range. I will not contest your stated MERs for the 12 gauge.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jonasdelnegros

jonas,

Thanks, I'm sure those ranges you stated are accurate, but I was looking for average ranges for that type of weapon online and came up with 300 meters. Your also right about another gun, barrel, or different ammo, will influence that number. It really is the hunter with the shotgun and his reaction to the UFO that causes the BS alarm to go off. You would think an UFO so up close, and looking like a US made drone, would have been much better described in the report, and probably, never shot at to begin with, especially if it looked American.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

I wish i knew who these 2 men were id love to talk to them about this siteing just to get more info but that probley wont happen..sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

a typical reaction from americans , shoot first ask questions last .

Ahhhh yes this event happens anywhere else the humans wave them down and offer a spot of tea!

Everyone reacts to the unexplained differently, their nationality has nothing to do with it. Americans are more likely to whip out their phones than a gun..but you probably already knew that, just wasn't a witty.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
not very clever shooting at an advanced race in spaceship, thats like throwing a pillow at a guy with a machine gun

common sense please

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join