It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at UFO with 'no effect'Minnesota

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Firing at the object is foolish.. It could have been a top secret aircraft with people on board.. that puts them at risk.. and if it wasn't a terrestrial craft and happened to be the real deal, alien ship ... you risk sparking retaliation .. morons..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetardedUfologists
It is pretty pathetic and sad that this topic is 5 pages long and only 1 or 2 people questioned the authenticity of this story. Are you people retarded? It's MUFON! It's 100x worse than YouTube! It attracts all the hoaxers, and all the die-hard believer lunatics who feel the need to force their beliefs on people so they make up fake UFO sightings just to turn around and tell them to the non-believers and debunkers in hopes of changing their mind. It is the most unreliable source of UFO sightings.

If you believe this stupid story is real, then I'm sorry to say, but you are missing a very important part of your brain that is supposed to detect B.S.. It's called logic and reason. Without that very important part of your brain you are just stupid sucker sheeple.

Actually MUFON is the most conservative ufo analytical team there is. They tend to rightfully discredit the vast majority of sightings as misidentified craft which gives more credence to the craft that is truthfully bizarre/unexplained.

MUFON is too conservative for me. To call them "100x worse than YouTube" tells me you really have no clue what you are talking about or worse purposefully misinforming people on ATS! Either way, not good.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is from the web site "All Supernatural"

UFO Attack, N.Vietnam 1968
I am an Ex-Ranger, worked with M.I. and the "Company" Gathering Intelligence and other Missions that are classified. We were in the North "Indian Country" on an assassination mission. Having succeeded, we were almost Caught and had to hide. Heading to our pick up point we came across these twin Hills and took the one on our left to avoid capture, as it was a long hard day evading. Late in the morning on top of the hill that we were on, we heard the familiar sound of their 12.7MM going off, then their AK47’s followed. We noticed their tracers arcing skywards. We looked up at what they were shooting at, expecting to see one of our Planes. Then we saw it. A long, semi-circle object was heading towards the hill next to us and then it stopped as the tracers hit it. It was no more than a few hundred feet from us. It was clear this "Ship" was none of ours or theirs. It was like nothing I had ever seen in my life. It went from a light blue color to a bright red, then a streak of laser like light shot out from the front of it. Then it was quiet. No more shots from the other hill. The bright object hovered directly above where the shots were fired for a few minutes, then veered off towards the sea. We waited about a half an hour, then went over to investigate. What we saw was just their weapons. All melted and still warm after a few hours after it was hit. We did not find any bodies. Not one body. The metal of the weapons did not have that metallic smell that we of the military are all familiar with. What was not melted was soft as sponge and had an odor that was foul and stuck to our mouths for hours after. When we got back to base camp one of the team members reported it. We never saw him again. When we inquired about him we were advised he was transferred to another unit. With that in mind the other guys refused to say anything about it when we were in debriefing. When we first saw this object we all felt this deep down gut feeling of total fear. Much worse than what we had for the enemy. Up until then I never really believed in "UFO’s", and thought it was all a big fat Hoax. It is not. Our team was put "On hold" pending further questioning, but this time we were not questioned by our own people. These guys were not military. They wore regular civilian clothes and carried pistols. They blind folded and duct taped our mouths and brought us to an undisclosed area, this is the weirdest part. Each of us was brought to a small room where there were two men and another one with a hood over his head who wore gloves. He or whatever it was remained quiet. We or I answered all of their questions. Then the guy with the hood over his head came and stood in front of me.

All I remember was a bright flash of light and then I blacked out. When I came to, I was at base camp. For some reason the other team members could not remember any of it. But I did. Knowing that there was a danger in asking them about it I remained silent. I kept this "Incident" to myself for a lot of years. Then a few years after being discharged from the Army, my wife and I were fishing out side of our home here in Alaska, when we saw the exact same "Ship" hovering above our small boat. It remained for a few then took off. This was the last I have seen of it. Each and every time I would feel threatened. No one can ever tell me that these things do not exist anymore. I saw them for myself.

Linda Moulton Howes book Glimpses of Other Realities and High Strangeness Vol 2
Has a story where a Green Berret A team comes upon a landing sight in Laos and a team member fires an FAL at one of the aliens and it only knocked that being down.
What if a tribesman in africa threw a spear at an Apache and the pilot had a bad day in a free fire zone?
Not that any professional pilot would engage a helpless native like that but the analogy is sound.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The first question that comes to mind is, “Just how close was this object to them?”

I would think that it was awful close for them to become so fearful that their knee jerk reaction was to shoot it down.

It is easy to say what we would do in a hypothetical situation but in most cases when face to face with a real danger, all of us would most likely do something completely different then we think.

This is one of the reasons that emergency workers are forced to perform mock drills. Even in a staged event, were you know that nothing about the actions being played out are real, you still get that adrenaline rush and make a lot of mistakes.

I am sure if they had had time to think the situation through and if they had lots of support and encouraging advice from very UFO knowledgeable people, they may have held their fire and made their first attempt at contact by waving a white flag and shouting, “Klaatu barada nictu”.

I think that first contact, if it has not happened yet, will prove to be very interesting. I wonder if this thing was hovering over the White House, if the results would have been the same. The answer to that question will probably tell us how we should respond if we feel threatened by an unrecognizable flying/hovering object, with unknown intentions, stalking our personal air space. If they would shoot to protect the White House, then I would say it may be okay to shoot to protect our house.

Would not the stand your ground laws apply in this situation? Personally, I would like to think that shooting at it would not be my first reaction. I also hope that I would be able to survive the incident so I could share it in mind numbing detail with my fellow ATSers.

I know. No pics or it didn’t happen.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

What kind of moron uses a gun to help identify a strange aerial object? I'm sorry it didn't shoot back.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Maybe the aliens know that they will probe them later. What, these earthlings are shooting at us. We'll have to give em a good probe job later.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

just difficult for a laymen like myself to wrap my head around.

Same here. I like to keep it simple. If they Transcend our physical laws that must mean they can move outside our perception of the natural world. Our senses are so limited, and yet we depend so heavily upon them, sometimes insisting that is all there is. We have to extend beyond the three "dimensions"...

Hypercube

One being a line...
two being a plane...
three being a cube...
four being a cube that all sides are expanding away from infinitely...

Get it? Me neither.
But it may be kind of like 2D "flatlander" people trying to understand "UP".

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Another aspect that makes me think of "Dimension Jump" or "Time Travel" are the photos of the Belgium Wave triangle craft.
Here is a boat load:

Belgium Wave

The "lights" in the image appear to be "rippling" (except the center one). The only thing I can conjecture about these ripples are that these are idling "time" thrusters(?). Like they are not quite here or there (now or then)...but in a state of flux so they appear to us to be "rippling", like water on a pond when you throw a rock in.

just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder why these aliens never make contact with us?
It is my sincere hope and belief that any civilization out there has evolved way beyond using weapons to solve problems. I hope they have technology like that movie "The Fly" so they can make people like that one with their weapon, literally.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Another aspect that makes me think of "Dimension Jump" or "Time Travel" are the photos of the Belgium Wave triangle craft.
Here is a boat load:

Belgium Wave

The "lights" in the image appear to be "rippling" (except the center one). The only thing I can conjecture about these ripples are that these are idling "time" thrusters(?). Like they are not quite here or there (now or then)...but in a state of flux so they appear to us to be "rippling", like water on a pond when you throw a rock in.

just my 2 cents worth.

I used to have that image as my avatar before all the fuss on illegal copyrights and the mods deleting stuff.

Anyway the rippling lights could be one of at least two things: a)a mirage caused by substantial temperature fluctations at different altitudes in relation to the person bearing witness b)gravitational distortion caused by the crafts propulsion system.

in relation to b) which is more likely the craft replicates the energy field frequency of the earths gravity in the opposite direction thus causing it to hover. Instead of pushing air out as a jet turbine does, spacecraft could push other forms of energy, aka radiation.

How can time be manipulated though? I am thinking it does not exist outside of our imagination, aka man-made concept! Or it has to do with manipulating the frequency of matter to slow it down or increase it. For example a star implodes, creates a vacuum vortex(known as a black hole) and emerges into another time reality(via a white hole) thus recycling energy. Who was it that said energy can neither be destroyed nor created? I think the big bang theory is used to describe our time existance and many parallel universes could(probably?) exist as well.

hahaha, complex topic!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Depending on how far they were shooting, both of those weapons pack quite a bit of punch. I have seen what both will do to different types of metal, and it can be pretty disastrous. I shot a spinner, which was, I think, about 1/2 - 3/4 inch steel, and it punched through it. I didn't think it would, but it did. I have also seen what a slug can do, although not much on metal.

Point is that if this thing was composed of relatively thin metal, then these guys may have penetrated it. That doesn't mean it would have damaged anything other than the skin though, so probably wouldn't have had a major effect, although it just depends on where they hit it. A 30-06 rifle, being rifled, will carry the projectile at a great velocity, and when it impacts all that energy will displace into whatever is hit, with devastating effect. Just look at the caliber that the military uses, which was 5.56 when I was in the air force, and I imagine it is still the same. I would personally take the 30-06, lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye
If only the two hunters were armed with RPGs or Bazookas. That way they'd know if its a govt craft or alien. Those peashooters won't even make a dent so nothing to see here.

My thaughts exactly..lol

They could shoot the same ammo at a Apachee Chopper and have the exact same affect as they described with this object.

My guess is, they were seeing just what they described, a home brand Drone recon aircraft. Wonder if they got a visit from the feds for shooting at a US millitary aircraft..lol

I know here down under, shooting at the rapel and fire attack choppers taking off from some of the suburban work stations is a federal offence (and they're not even military craft), which can carry a 20 year jail sentence and a spot on the known terrorist data base..

Shooting at any unknown object in the air, weather you recognise it or not is just plain dumb-ass..!!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My thoughts would be that anything with a brain and a higher intellect would have superior technology. This thing , no matter what they thought it was, their thought at the time was shoot first and ask questions later. I wouldn't be surprised if they were taken to the ship later on to be deep probed. Hate to be in their shoes.

edit on 15-4-2012 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

What kind of moron uses a gun to help identify a strange aerial object? I'm sorry it didn't shoot back.

Minnesota, well that explains it all there, just foolish aye.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Shotgun slugs don't penetrate well because they hardely spin and they are designed for maximum ENTRY TRAUMA. Rifled projectiles carry lots of spin and have a progressively thinner nose(plus the nose can be hardened) to ensure less entry trauma and conservation of energy through the target FOR PENETRATION.

One type of bullet disperses energy upon initial impact while the other conserves its energy.

To be honest unless the craft is caught unaware it seems likely(according to hollywood) that it would deploy an energy shield which would either deflect or absorb the projectile fired at it. But even if it penetrated it would cause very localised damage and by no means disable the craft.
edit on 4/15/2012 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I'm sure with today's technology it would be easy to make something that could do that, but the mysterious reports of glowing saucers in the 40s and 50s is very intriguing because it would have been so much harder to do, but nobody has had any conlclusion that all saucers were German or Grey, just tid bits of evidence leading in both directions.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by November5th
Interesting story.But for the sake of peace in the Universe ,lets hope those two idiots never come out of the woods.

November5th
Lets hope they learned a lesson i wish no harm to anyone
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

If it looked like an X-47B drone, well that looks an awful lot like a high tech military jet. It doesn't really even look other worldly, so I am wondering why they fired on it? Would they fire on a plane?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I own a lot a guns. I like to shoot them. I would never shoot at a ufo with one. That's just crazy. I would, however, shoot it with a camera.

Maybe with the way all pictures and videos are so scrutinized, as they should be, they thought they should just shoot it down. What better proof, aye?
TXML
edit on 15-4-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mustangill
The reason it didn't hit or ricochet off the object is because it wasn't really there. It is a holographic image only. Looks like they are testing out their plan on unsuspecting citizens during hunting season in a well known hunting field.

mustangill
lets not jump to far ahead we don't know what this object was they fired on maybe it was a UFO maybe it was a drone(one of ours) ..And im not sure this was a well known hunting field either ..holographic image im not sure about that but its something to think about..peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join