It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at UFO with 'no effect'Minnesota

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
the movie"the objective"depicts my fears of shooting a primitive weapon at an advanced race.
Fortunately the occupants of the vehicle were nice enough not to disintegrate them.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Yeah it's pretty stupid to shoot at aircraft, even with a 30.06, because if your aim was impeccable the only aircraft you could expect to hit would be a private Cessna or something, and unless you hit the pilot or gas tank it would have no effect on the aircraft, with a shotgun, don't make me laugh.

According the Mythbusters, a 30.06 bullet fired straight up would go 10,000 feet and take 58 seconds to land. But their experiment model is flawed, and didn't mention if the muzzle velocity was 880 m/sec, or 760 m/sec, so you have that. Of a 58 second flight, about 50 of those seconds would be the bullet's return trip to the ground, which is all they can realistically claim, because they couldn't find the bullets actually fired, so did a drop instead, the bullets penetrated the ground about 2 inches after dropped from 10,000 feet, at terminal velocity of about 100 mph, or 44.7 m/sec.

Better mathematical models suggest a 50 second flight accounting for all possible known factors, and a maximum altitude expected at just over 3,000 meters, which is about 10,000 feet, achieved in ~8 seconds.

The X-47B's normal operating altitude is >40,000 feet, as illustrated in the video.

So stupid yes, to think shots would have any effect, even stupider if you think you will hear anything, stupidest yet is to expect anything from a shotgun shot.

In there defense they did have a rifle that is better then any shotgun i love to deer hunt and in my zone were only allowed to use a shotgun and a person needs to be pretty darn close to the deer to get a good shot ..I own a rifle with a scope and and its allot more accurate then any shotgun..
But either way it was just plain stupid to be out shooting at this thing..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

the usual shoot first ask quetions later comes to mind

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No estimated altitude was mentioned on the video, or I missed it due to the lunacy of the idea a rifle (or shotgun LOL) would result in anything. Now think about how stupid the average person is that owns a gun, then consider half of them are stupider than that.

From my point of view, I hope they are examples of the other half, like way down the list!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

SyphonX
I'm sure they probley weren't in a populated area there is allot of wooded areas in Minnesota to hunt far from the public unless your on some ones privet property..
When i hunt its on my own property but i own 140 acres of land and no one is around ..
But ya candidates for the probe
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

the usual shoot first ask quetions later comes to mind

maryhinge
That what they did shoot first ask quetions later
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Yeah I like this one, left a post at Youtube

Can't be a UFO ship with any protection ray working or the bullets would have exploded in their guns so the ship suspension forces pulled the bullets past the ship to some unknown altitude and captured above the ship to come down when the ship lands. The bullets might be returned if the anti Tesla agents desire such action.

ED: There are seemingly stricter rules in New Mexico, home of the Von Braun saucers, as
Mr Lyne had his rifle checked by the Sheriff due to a recent firing at a saucer UFO Foo that
was reported.

edit on 4/15/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

TeslaandLyne
I read that on the Utube post im not sure what to make of that im no expert but it sounds reasonable..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
Suppose these bright hunters were also hunting Big Foot. And if a .30-06 didn`t do anything the chances of the 12 gauge working is no surprise.
Can`t think of why they would be afraid if they had guns anyhow. The big thing if you find yourself in such a spot you feel afraid don`t draw attention to yourself in shooting at them, try hiding next time like this guy.

www.youtube.com...=0s

When I`ve seen UFO`s I was not afraid of them.
Anyhow personally if I was to shoot at one you shoot at the lights at their point when Triangle shape not dead center.

Connman
I know if i saw something that close i sure would be scared to death i guess we just don't know how were going to react until we see something like this my first thought would be hide and if i had a camera take pictures but i know i wouldn't be shooting at this object..peace,sugarcookie1...I didnt watch the video but i will later thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by slanteye
If only the two hunters were armed with RPGs or Bazookas. That way they'd know if its a govt craft or alien. Those peashooters won't even make a dent so nothing to see here.

A better choice would be shoulder fired sam, either radar guided or infra-red. Not sure this would be effective either, but it sure as hell beats shooting rifle rounds into unknown substances.

I am pretty sure armor piercing rounds would be effective in shooting aliens on the ground. Heck even a regular round would probably be effective. Phil Schneider killed two greys with his .380acp pistol and by no means is that cream of the crop.

Best strategy is to leave ufos&aliens alone unless they pose a direct threat to you!

edit on 4/15/2012 by EarthCitizen07 because: add video

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
a typical reaction from americans , shoot first ask questions last .

That's right, Bucky, so you better be sure you've been invited before you show up. If you wind up in my living room, I'm going to assume it's not just so you can "use the phone." That's what a Castle Doctrine is all about.

But about the guy with a 12 gauge. Seriously? Was the thing twenty feet off the ground? 00 buckshot wouldn't even make it to the target. Now, a deer rifle. You bet! The problem, of course, is what goes up must come down and shooting into the sky is just irresponsible. "Look beyond the target" is a cardinal rule of hunting. It wasn't "attacking" them. At least from the information given, there was no reason to shoot at it.

So see. I actually agree with you after all.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
Shooting a rifle at something when you have no idea of its origin, abilities or intentions is really dumb.

Morons with weapons. A recipe for success every time.

I have a gut feeling those 2 guys wont be doing this again ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Shooting a rifle at something when you have no idea of its origin, abilities or intentions is really dumb.

justwokeup
I 100% agree with your statement..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

I have a gut feeling those 2 guys wont be doing this again ..peace,sugarcookie1

Or Will They................

(Cue Creapy Music Here )

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
No estimated altitude was mentioned on the video, or I missed it due to the lunacy of the idea a rifle (or shotgun LOL) would result in anything. Now think about how stupid the average person is that owns a gun, then consider half of them are stupider than that.

From my point of view, I hope they are examples of the other half, like way down the list!

Illustronic
I have to disagree with you on this point (Now think about how stupid the average person is that owns a gun) I'm a girl and i own many firearms and i don't consider myself stupid..I've taken firearm classes and ive been hunting since i was 13 and im very responsible with a gun along with many other people that i know ..I even have guns for protection im now single and live on my own way out in the woods i would never be without a gun..
But yes there are some out there that own guns that have no business owning one i agree with that..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Now I got some pissed off UFO's flying around where I live... The last thing I would do is shoot a UFO lol. The hunters must of came back empty for the day and was hoping to bag a UFO.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Aren't armor piercing rounds against the law to own ? peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

LOL lets hope not ..Ilike the picture
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Its not uncommon for aircraft mechanics to repair bullet holes in small genaral aviation aircraft because of idiots like this.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Men and their silly guns!

What if had caused an inter-galactic incident resulting in our demise???

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
me thinks its new drones covering america to watch civilians.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join