It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots fired at UFO with 'no effect'Minnesota

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Searching Google for weapon performances shows that the 30.06 has a maximum effective range of about 300 meters. The shotgun, depending on the barrel length has a MER of 30 to 100 meters. If these were experienced hunters, at least the shotgun armed hunter would have never fired at all unless the UFO was within range. An UFO 100 meters or less in distance would have shown up in the report as being close. Of course, if your dealing with a stereotypical Clyde and Vern, there is no way to bring credability to the report.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just a few things

The video, what was the point of it, not the OP but the person who made it, call me old fashioned but I CAN read a page from a link, I also would have read the correct words and not create my own as the lady reading did. The entire video was just about a person reading out pages with one diagram, there was little or no personal comment from the video maker so all in all not really useful.

I know that might sound harsh but I view video's that have a creative information approach, if I wanted a website audio reading program I would have done it by now.

Next, does the whole thing not sound rather fishy?

2 men out with guns see a craft shaped somewhat like a plane but hovering so they open up on it with powerful weapons?

Surely the plane shape must have registered with them as earthly, you know, if it looks like a plane then it most likely is one, even the stealth bomber looks like an earthly plane but just weird. And the fact the just fired upon it does not sit right, IF they were scared (I favour drunk or high to be honest) surely the first reaction would be to run,I mean if you think its some sort of alien craft then the brain says your little short range shotgun or rifle are very unlikely to do any damage much like if you shot at a plane at low altitude.

Something tells me this is a cock and bull story to cover two blokes party night out...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

UFOs are not physical

What about cases like this where unknown objects are correlated on multiple radar screens?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLLest
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I'm still trying to understand WHY shoot at something when you have no idea how more advanced it could be then you.....they fired shots, plural, so they didn't learn from the first shot and gave out more?....We are so F'd if we get invaded.

iLLest
I know its just crazy i have no idea what these 2 men were thinking ..Let hope if they ever do decided to unveil themselves to us we can do better then these 2 guys..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

karl 12
Thank you for posting those cases they were an interesting read i guess we just never know what we might do if presented with something like this but i noticed most didn't shoot and had the mind to at least think about what they were doing..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

True story:
1984: Cooper Texas.
Sunday night, Morris "Popeye" Gillham saw a triangular U.F.O. at an altitude of about 30 feet over Cooper Reservior.
As he was paddling his jonboat back to where he parked his pickup, Gillham reports as he came around a bend he saw the 60 foot long U.F.O. hovering in perfect silence, with a hose let down to the water.
Mr. Gillham further reported that he took two shots at it with a 22 rifle and the bullets just made a pinging sound and fell into the water.
Then he said a door opened in the side of the U.F.O. A catwalk came out about three feet, and a man in military uniform stepped out and said " HEY, DUMB***, QUIT SHOOTING AT US."
Mr. Gillham said that it was still there when he started traveling back toward town, but thought he should report the incident to authorities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A. Bullets contact made a pinging noise.
A.(1) Bullets didn't pierce craft.
B. CONTACT EVENT: Yes
B. (1) Description of contact; above.
Intruder spoke english, appeared human, was wearing a military type uniform.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
.I've taken firearm classes and ive been hunting since i was 13 and im very responsible with a gun along with many other people that i know .

So its okay for you to be blasting poor helpless little forest critters that never did you any harm into smitherines

...but not okay to shoot at aliens that abduct people, do medical experiments and probes, mutilate cows and who knows what else?

zorgon
I'm going to take what you wrote to me as an insult ..I don't just go around shooting random helpless little forest critters never have and never will..I deer hunt every hunting season for the meat (venison) This gets me stocked with food for the winter i eat every bit of the meat nothing goes to waste..
And no i don't think we should be shooting at aliens we have no idea what they might do..For all we know that could be the thing to start of a intergalactic war we don't know allot about these things these 2 men that shot at that aircraft had no idea what they were shooting at it could have been one of our own aircraft in my mind it was just plain stupid and not responsible..peace,sugarcookie1
edit on 16-4-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkcrisis

Well atleast we know who started the intergalactic war

Darkcrisis
Thank you for posting
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Someone should tell these hillbillies to get pay TV.

I mean seriously .. everyone with a sane mind who watched ANY SciFi movie knows you can not shoot down a UFO with a 12 gauge. You need at least a bazooka.

H1ght3chHippie
I'm not sure even a bazooka would bring a alien craft down but i might be wrong..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by doomedtoday
Oh, Hey look Bill, it's a ufo thang!
Aw crap you sure are right Bob!
Hay! Maybe we shud shoot at it and see what happens!
A man dat sure does sound like a good idear ter me!
I wunder wat it iz?
I dunno, maybe d military?
Nah, dat aint military. Its goatta b from aouter space. I'll bet its dem dare aliens again!
Ur probably right bout dat one.
Git R Done!

And we wonder why our world is so screwed right now.
Real smart guys, real smart...

doomedtoday
I know you have to wonder what was going through there minds to shoot at this craft the only thing i can think of is there were just plain scared or stupid..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anon77
Wow! idiots of the finest caliber! Most military drones have intelligence fitted and some 'self protection' installed, If this was a military drone of some description they were bloody lucky it didn't identify them as targets shooting at it! Otherwise they would be very quickly looking down the wrong end of a AGM-114 Hellfire is an air-to-surface missile! Morons!

Anon77
Well we don't know what they were shooting at but either way not to smart..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Two hunters claim they shot at a UFO, and everybody here at ATS takes their word for it. Ever hear of a fish story? Well hunters have their own tall tales.

MrInquisitive
Didn't you know hunters in Minnesota never lie

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729
Not a good idea to be shooting at something
you can't identify.

Dont know who you will be messin' with.

Leo
I just love that old movie ..I own the movie but its in VCR i need to find it in DVD im sure i can find it on the net..
If you noticed what there fighting the UFOs with in comparison to the guys in Minnesota a shotgun and rifle like thats going to do much..
Your right they don't know what there messen with
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings
Being from the Twin Cities and all, how have I not heard about this?

At any rate, these alleged shooters must be politicians, as we have plenty of dumb politicians from both sides of the aisle here.

saturnsrings
Don't feel bad i didn't know about it either i just happened on to this video when i was looking at UFO pics then i decided to post it you don't see to many hunters shooting at UFOs..
I agree with your statement on Minnesota politicians
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
Id be MORE AMAZED if the thing went down,

Not sure what to make of the story tbh, just a story i guess if they had time to shoot at it why didn't they get a single pic or video, a video of some morons shooting a UFO would have been great, but i guess there just morons in this case

TritonTaranis
Maybe they didn't have a camera with or a cell phone with video ..I don't carry either when im hunting but i probley should, and i will take a camera next time hunting comes around ive seen some beautiful things out in the woods in the early mornings when its quiet all the animals start to stir and come awake..
And your right its just a story its up to us to believe it or not..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Triad
There is a contactee from the Andromeda council that says they will be sending scout ships to meet with people this month..I guess the guys with the guns were the welcoming committee...

King Triad
LOL lets hope they arent the welcoming committee what a scary thought..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat

Just a bunch of drooling rednecks that, per usual, when they don't understand something they shoot at it.

FeatherofMaat
Not all Minnesota hunters are drooling rednecks maybe they were just scared and not thinking i hate putting labels on people..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

UFOs are not physical

votan
Would you please elaborate on what you wrote (UFOs are not physical )
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
Reminds me of a report out of the 60`s i believe, called the Sutton incident. Apparently one guy was getting a drink from a well one night and saw a craft land nearby and went and woke the whole house up including children. Wellhim and the guy that owned the place grabbed a .22 rifle and a shotgun and went to town on the creatures all over their house. They reported the sound of a metallic plinking sound when the hit the creatures but they couldnt hurt them. I dont think the guys were trying to cause damage but rather wanted to see what would happen if they could hit it. But nothing? Wasn`t expecting that, im thinking maybe its propulsion system has something to do with altering the projectiles flightpath by some means, probably magnetic, Making the shooters think they didnt hit it or the bullets went thru it. You hit something with a 30-06 hunting rifle and you`d know it.

If it was under direct control by anything i think it would have responded in some way, if i was controlling it i would have chased the guys down and scared the sh!t out of `em. Good times

StratosFear
Thanks for posting the Sutton incident the Minnesota story sounds allot like that one in some respects ..I agree with what you said hit something with a 30-06 hunting rifle and you`d know it..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyan
'Cause of course, when I see a UFO looking like a military drone, I shoot at it with my hunting rifle.

psyan
Thanks for posting and the laugh that made my day
peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join