It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the out rage for Daniel Adkins, the mentally disabled 29yr. old shot in AZ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Seriously? If we can't legally own fire arms the ones that really don't need them will still get them. They'll do it illegally and the law abiding citizens will be unable to defend themselves. My husband works out of town all the time and I'm home alone with my kids in a sketchy neighborhood until we move out of this rent house. Don't take my gun.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BrittanyLea

why dont you get a dog (very big dog) there other ways to feel secure

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The major reason I feel this is being ignored is that the victim was developmentally disabled. I realize this is a cold thing to say, But in our culture, The developmentally disabled are looked upon with scorn. There place is to exist on the fringes of our society only to recieve nominal help in trying to lead a basic life. This is a tragedy on so many levels that isn't funny.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dannysherwood

That's a really good point. I know that a lot of people also see mentally disabled men as somewhat dangerous. Maybe no one wants to jump in and defend him because of that, but it's pretty obvious what happened here, mentally disabled or not.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012

I'm not a fan of having big dogs around my kids. They're only 2 and 4. I do intend to get a rottweiler when they're older and more responsible. Even then I'll have the dog trained asap. And before you say it, there is one pistol locked up with a hidden key. The pistol it's self is also locked with a hidden key.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrittanyLea

I'm not a fan of having big dogs around my kids. They're only 2 and 4. I do intend to get a rottweiler when they're older and more responsible. Even then I'll have the dog trained asap. And before you say it, there is one pistol locked up with a hidden key. The pistol it's self is also locked with a hidden key.

If I understand you right, you'd have to unlock some type of door or case to access the gun, then unlock the gun itself? So that's two unlocks. That is way too much time unlocking. You need to be able to access a weapon with haste.

Is there something better you could do to secure your gun and provide yourself more ease in accessing it?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I know it's not very convenient for protection. I've thought a lot about it and I can't think of what else I could do. My kids are climbers so I'm afraid they still might get a hold of it if it's up high. I know if I had it just in the case there's almost no chance that anything would happen, but I'm a worrier, so what if it did? I wouldn't be able to live with myself. It's probably not serving me any more purpose that a security blanket where it is now.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I don't think anyone wants "revenge." I think they want justice. People who kill others, no matter what the reason, must be taken in and questioned by police and the prosecutor must start an investigation if it seems that "self-defense" might not be justified. We are codifying murder when we say "stand your ground" and the person who is shot is unarmed. Black, white, yellow, green or blue doesn't matter. Unarmed people are usually not able to threaten a person with a gun unless they are out of their minds. But if that is case it must be shown in a court of law. Arizona has ALWAYS been the wild west. My manager at Walgreens tried to choke me to death and when I brought charges it was called "Mutual combativeness!" Whatever the hell that is! Apparently because I didn't die or suffer sustained injuries, I ( white male attacked by a black male who was on drugs and an ex-marine who beat his wife...) was being told that we both had simply got in a fight! And that was OK with Arizona law. The laws are unjust for EVERYBODY when they provoke and condone violence.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Does this not sound like possible revenge?? A black man kills a white-Hispanic and claims "self-defense"?

I just had a horrible visual. I pictured mobs of people fighting and killing over stupid crap, stimulated by this sort of thinking. We're being sidelined with this stupid stuff while the important global issues take back stage. This is a trip! We should be more connected and more interested in working together to fight the problems that are about to f_ ** up the entire human race.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am outraged over EVERY senseless murder/death but the fact of the matter is there isn't enough time in the day to discuss evry one of those. Be outraged at the MSM who have decided that a story about a diamond thong (or some other equally stupid story) is more important than the loss of life

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

No, She is not making a "big stink" about anything, the story itself, before her recapping, wasn't slanted from it's original publication.
You might say I am, since I have just sent the link to the original and to this very thoughtful poster's contribution to a few Editors I know, who work for arms of main stream and major media.
AND
You might say I'm not, since unlike our new member who is making a very unpublished event become known more widely, I am placing within my messages to those editors, some more stringent, possibly vile invective, caclulated to cause a deeply visceral reaction within the reader .
Since our OP has not shown any racial slant or bias in her postings, and I have something like a tendency to post what some may call "Racially Obnoxious" information files, I congratulate her, and wish to direct you to my post "My Black Father" which was made in 2008, you'll find, in final analysis, that I am a teller of unpopular truths...but wait...harken to that voice which cries..."I was NOT unpopular. I was UNKNOWN.
I say tell the story.
I say stand by your work.
I say that it is my obligation to warn you if the OP were to post one incident, day after day, of BLACK violence against EVERY RACE, she would miss posting 12 to 15 incidents per day here in the U.S.A..
When you, as I am, are in a position where diagnosis of current affairs is critical, your opinions will show a stark change.
If you tell the truth, you might (will) make enemies.
If you tell the truth, your light just got a little brighter, an angel is born, and an alley Kitteh just got a new hooman!
I suppose somewhere a rose smells sweeter, and the calfs are "pronking" in the meadow, Spot is chasing a red ball, and Dick and Jane are flying their Pretty New Kite!
"Oh Dick" says Jane"isn't it a Pretty Day?"
"See Spot run!" exclaims Dick "Run Spot run!"
"You know you guys are kind of simple minded aren't you" Asks Sally as she pulls her Testarossa into the drive of her country place, where she allows Dick, Jane, Puff, and Spot all to live, and supports them since they are "slow".
"Come on up to the house!" Calls Sally "It's Maritini Time" --Reverend Horton Heat

BUT IF YOU LIE, OR SUPRESS THE TRUTH: A demon gets a new pitchfork.

Oh, I got lost and wondered off the path we are beating today...though it may have been a subconscious desire not to hurl the more vile and racially invective truth.
Have a great day!
Or a crappy one.
L8R
H8R
LULZ
Luminaught
Special thanks to OP!

edit on 16-4-2012 by Luminaught because: I'm slow.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Because dogs eat pork chops thrown over a fence.
That's why.
And, you won't have to wash that nasty "burgular taste" out of you'r dogs mouth.
In her situation I'd have several weapons placed where the kids can't reach them, but if all the kids in my house are older than 8 (and my youngest is in his mid 30's, and lives on his own ranch) they know how and when to use the weapons they are able to reach, know how to use, and when.
I live where we don't have the problems this poster faces(such as a sketchy neighborhood), we live somewhere we will never have these problems, and hope the poster is soon far from "the jungle" (BTW "The Jungle" refers to the Novel "The Concrete Jungle".
I suggest you read it...that was a long time ago, fast forward to now and it's terrifying.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Luminaught because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by planchester

And of course you DID post this on the Treyvon Martin pages, right?

yeah, right.

"Take a side or become cover from fire."--Chesty Puller

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Your life, and those of your children are more valuable to the universe by a factor of a googole plex squared than that of any who would harm you.
When you look at your children sleeping, your motherly instinct tells you you'd give your life for them. My fatherly instinct says "I'll kill any bastich that messes with my family."
Follow a fathers advice.
"Killing can be a way to show love."--Charles Manson.
OKAY not the best guy to quote, but you gotta get hard.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Luminaught because: Ah kaint spail wurth uh dayum.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

From what I gather researching the information available, Daniel was a "White/Hispanic".
Locals say (in the comments section) he looked Hispanic.

Before changes within the art of war the bravest were those who led troops into battle, and they were unarmed.
"The drummer boy, and the flag bearers" -- HOT LZ--JOHN INGRAM- 101ST AIRBORNE

edit on 16-4-2012 by Luminaught because: Ingram

edit on 16-4-2012 by Luminaught because: huge hands?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Nucleardiver

I stand behind my statement because when everyone has the right to bear arms. that does mean everyone including unstable types ie drug dealers criminals children jealous husbands or wives rapists every negative aspect of our society including police officers that are basically control freaks who like to abuse there authority then no it is you who are wrong the law does not fit the current society the law gives access to everyone especially the nutjobs so no it needs to change ..........and like I said what would happen if personal forcefields become the norm then your precious gun would be obsolete

Your point is moot because it is based off of ignorance of the law. I'm sorry buddy but you are wrong on this one as the law does not give everyone the right to own a gun. Take for instance your reference to "unstable types" under US Code 18 anyone whom has been determined to suffer from mental illness is not allowed to LEGALLY own a firearm, niether are persons convicted of Misdemeanor Domestic Violence, anyone whom has a Domestic Violence Injunction against them, any person convicted of ANY Felony, and in some instances persons with a history of drug dependence, and under federal law no one under the age of 18 can LEGALLY own a firearm. I know these laws because I am an FFL licensed gun dealer and have to perform background checks on anyone whom I sell a gun to.

You seem to missing the whole point that 99.99% of all gun violence is committed by CRIMINALS! Now do you honestly think that if the government suddenly banned guns all of those criminals would have a change of heart and start obeying the law? No way, they would gather all the guns they could and then for them it would be like shooting fish in a barrel because they would be the only ones to have guns. Laws are only obeyed by law abiding citizens and the criminals are the ones whom ignore the laws.

I seriously hope that you are never faced with staring down the barrel of a gun, or much worse having a gun used on you, but if it ever happens you'll be wishing you had a gun long before you would ever consider wishing you had an imaginary force field.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's been 15 days, and still this man has not been arrested. It makes me sick. I get why it's not all over the news, but why hasn't this man been arrested? 15 days!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
you are all missing my point.................
technology develops at a ridiculously fast rate we can all agree on that.........
when technology gets to the point of personal forcefields guns will become useless. then what?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Daniel's shooters name was released.According to his cousin, It's Cordell Jude. Also, the family is being interviewed today by CNN. This info is from Daniels cousin, Patricia. It's not official. She posted it on the fb page that I made for Daniel after hearing about this.

www.facebook.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join