Am I deluded?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by NorEaster

The scope itself is pretty hard to imagine if all you know about it is debates over pieces of it on a message board forum.

Maybe I misinterpreted that line, but it seemed to suggest that my knowledge was inadequate.

What is the name of your book?

The mods won't allow it, so U2U me and I'll give you a link.

By the way, it's not complicated. You'd easily be able to understand it. It's just a little counterintuitive at first, but once you "see" it, it's as completely natural and as much of a no-brainer as anything can ever be. Hell, your entire being suddenly recognizes it as being absolutely normal. Most people can't stop laughing, although some cry. It's like releasing tons of pressure for the first time ever.
edit on 4/15/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by jiggerj

We want to believe that we are special. Chosen. Yet, the very same living cells that created the worm, the laughing hyena, and the sperm of a giraffe, also created us. We are made of the exact same stuff that made every other living thing on the planet, only arranged differently.

A violin and a dining room chair are both made of wood, but the violin, when played, creates violin musical tones that are not the violin, but that do exist in their own very real sense of physical existence. We have brains, yes, and so does a laughing hyena and a giraffe, but that's where the similarity ends. The Homo Sapien hominid, for whatever reason, developed the capacity known as sentience, and that capacity made the Homo Sapien hominid special and capable of creating the human being with its unique brain.

You can dismiss it, but you can't do anything about the fact that as a human being - brought into physical existence by the Homo Sapien brain that is nestled behind your Homo Sapien eyes - you exist, and you will persist long after the Homo Sapien body and brain have dropped forever. I don't have to convince you. The future that awaits you will take care of that for me. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Like I said, the simplest things are always the hardest to accept. And, BOY, did you complicate the hell out of it!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

I think the goal is to be an authentic human being of your own choice. There is no TRUE ultimate self, it's a "no-self self" which can be added to as you wish (taking on roles). Once you realize that who you are being is a choice, and that you are absolutely free, then there it is, just don't lose your heart and your passion, your love of self and of others, even if you do not and cannot know with any certainty just who you or they really are, nevertheless it's still a mystery worth exploring, so long as you don't expect to get to the end of it.

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world (one with everything) but lose his own soul (passion and character, and charm)."

We become authentic only when we realize that who we are being and becoming is a created self.

We must re-choose to become an authentically self-expressed human being, and cast off all programming and all edicts of "authority" since no one can tell us who we should be.

There's a kind of ridiculously absurd humor to it, imo. When that smile and laughter bubbles up within the mystery of unknowing - hang on to that, because that happiness and joy is in large part who you really are, I think..

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

"What does it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his own soul?"

The whole world is an illusion but 'you' the seer of the illusion is not an illusion. The human sells his soul for the 'things' of the world and forgets his soul.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

We want to believe that we are special. Chosen. Yet, the very same living cells that created the worm, the laughing hyena, and the sperm of a giraffe, also created us. We are made of the exact same stuff that made every other living thing on the planet, only arranged differently.

A violin and a dining room chair are both made of wood, but the violin, when played, creates violin musical tones that are not the violin, but that do exist in their own very real sense of physical existence. We have brains, yes, and so does a laughing hyena and a giraffe, but that's where the similarity ends. The Homo Sapien hominid, for whatever reason, developed the capacity known as sentience, and that capacity made the Homo Sapien hominid special and capable of creating the human being with its unique brain.

You can dismiss it, but you can't do anything about the fact that as a human being - brought into physical existence by the Homo Sapien brain that is nestled behind your Homo Sapien eyes - you exist, and you will persist long after the Homo Sapien body and brain have dropped forever. I don't have to convince you. The future that awaits you will take care of that for me. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Like I said, the simplest things are always the hardest to accept. And, BOY, did you complicate the hell out of it!

I'm surprised that you found that to be complicated. It's based on what's been a visceral certainty for humankind over the last 3,000 years or so - likely longer than that - and can be proven via set logic. And as far as being delusional, I just contacted the Center For Inquiry and requested a thorough review of this notion as a last stage before making it broadly available. I guess we'll have to see how it fares with those guys. To be honest, I'm not really sure whether I want it to survive or be shredded by these professional skeptics. If it survives, then it's revolutionary, but that'll mean that my life going forward will pretty much suck, so it's a real trade-off either way.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I just contacted the Center For Inquiry and requested a thorough review of this notion as a last stage before making it broadly available. I guess we'll have to see how it fares with those guys. To be honest, I'm not really sure whether I want it to survive or be shredded by these professional skeptics. If it survives, then it's revolutionary, but that'll mean that my life going forward will pretty much suck, so it's a real trade-off either way.

In this world the game is money. Being shredded probably means publicity, and Ka-ching! Best of luck to you.
edit on 4/16/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Each day that gets by i become more confused....Ascencion, Meditation ,Global Conspiracy, Chemtrails, Aliens, Pineal Gland, Hollow Earth, Darpa's AI, Flourite in the water, Parallel Worlds, Vibration Frequencies and so on. I've read about so much things that i don't know what to believe.I'm shutting down my senses and day to day i seem to be more and more apathic to the world.I think i filled my cup to much, i'm so confused and numb with all this information that really i don't know what to do....Someone care to insight me... Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVoid

I noticed that you had place your same post on several threads.

I am no guru, and most certainly may not be of any help to you. I am only an insignificant nobody, but I can feel your confusion and perhaps disillusionment, and thus, all I can do is to share a perspective and insight and hope that it may help.

Truth is often painful, for it shatters our pre-conceived notions as we had been social engineered to believe through education and the media. Without that comfort and solace we humans need, a form of stability and assurance in life not only for ourselves, but for the next generations, we will only flounder and struggle with the hard truths that lay before us.

There are many aspects to truth, for with the magic of languages, it can be twisted in many forms without presenting the real truth. It often takes reality to truly wake us all up, as the recent financial crisis had proven. Many are suffering from its effects - foreclosure, bankruptcies, legal letters, lower employment, etc, etc.

Truth had been greed that ruled for decades while many had blindly and apathically averted their eyes to allow it to continue on. Realities are the consequences we face today.

Still, all is not lost, for the spirit of humanity is known as courage and resiliance, never say die or give up attitude, come what may, more so for americans which accounted for its 200+ years of civilisation and might in social, economic and politics confronting disasters in many forms. A trait every down and out human can relate to and take heart from, for no matter our differences, we are all one race-humans, with only common aspirations in life.

One must prioritise what is most important when faced with confusion and adversity. Number 1 is you, which you must take care of first. It is not selfishness, but only pragmatism. If you cannot even take care of yourself, society cannot, and will not expect you to pitch in your share.

Second will be your loved ones. No man is born out of a rock. Every human life is precious. If you can take care of yourself, with a loaf a day, you will be able to take care of those immediate loves ones, then radiating to your relatives and friends which makes up society.

Whatever the news from whatever media and the realities you face in life, come hell or highwater, survival priorities are the number one task you must set first. Discuss and debate with others when you learnt of circumstances that are different from your daily life, to find out the TRUTH from lies, rumours, heresay and BS. Then find the most pragmatic solution to deal with them. Hiding or living in delusions are no use, for when reality hits, none will survive.

Think survival, not just for yourself alone but your love ones and society whenever possible and that's the key out of any predicament one will faces, just as our resiliant ancestors had done, leaving none behind. Alone, we are powerless, but when combined, our strengths and its deployment will ensure a better chance for survival of all. Be apathetic no more.
edit on 19-4-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join