It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I deluded?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Shed all doubt,
and learn to trust yourself.
Listen to the heart,
it leads the way.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Dear OP,

If you can wake up at dawn, and breathe in the fresh morning air, touch a warm cup of coffee, smell the aroma and then savour that taste inside you with a smile, then you had live, experiencing a reality with your complete 5 senses and are alive, not a dream or delusion. That's what's truly matters.

As the day begins, your mind begins to ponder, it will be upon tasks and answers you seek. Alone, you may find some answers ,while there may be solutions you alone cannot find and will need it from others or instruction manuals, others' experiences, etc.

Meet up with them, over a cup of coffee, mug of beer or glass of wine, and ask the right questions, but foremost, listen more than you talk, or you might impose upon others' time and inclinations.

After all these, you still might not find the right answers, for no mortal knows it all. There may also be some solutions or partial solutions to the answers you seek, but it is up to you and only you to choose the right course on your own free will, for choices comes with consequences, which no man can ever predict accurately.

Right or wrong, paths lay before you. Choose one. If it turned out well, then proceed on. If it turn out less than desireable, you do have the capacity to correct that path that is deemed a mistake or a wrong path, otherwise you will truly be delulded. Look in the mirror, and meet up with friends, to find out if that path was a mistake, then set a new direction.

You are not alone.

That's how mankind progress with the journey of life. It's the journey, not the destination, in the search of what and who we are, progressing calculated step by step, learning so much everyday, one generation passing on what we truly learnt to the next, so that by the time we reach our destination, we would not only have found out who and what we are, but we were meant for and what to do next, intelligently and rationally without any gaps for doubts or fears.

Be not obsessed with the destination, or you will only miss out very much of life.

Live the gift of life and love, be happy always, and live the journey....

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

Maybe I can help. U2U me if you're interested.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
As I near the end of my own life I have finally realized that no one is going to give me any answers. It's just not going to happen. I have the choice of deluding myself by following one discipline or another, one kind of philosophy or belief system. Those purport to furnish "answers," but to me they are answers of desperation. They really don't know any more than you or I; they just have developed complex systems that give them that illusion.

The only active choice I can see is to keep on exploring and learning new things and not to worry too much about what it all "means."

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If genetics hold sway, I am close to the end of my life, and being in my 60's now. Also, I nursed a lot of patients toward the end of their lives. I don't recall any of them asking "what is the meaning of life". I think that is for the indvidual to figure out. If you live long enough the answer seems to come naturally.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The best I think we can do inwardly in this life is a feeling most of the time of contentment, a good belly laugh at least once a day, to spend time with people who make you feel better rather than worse, and to know that no matter what, when you die your spirit continues.

Other than that, try to be of service to other people or animals. If you leave the world a tiny bit better off than it was when you entered it, you're doing very well indeed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

Just live!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You are not deluded, you just simply need to focus on the destination rather than the path. There are many roads to the high place. . .and whatever path we choose will require dedication. . .yet, must be as simple and involuntary as breathing.

Once you decide you want to become connected, you are.

Relax, live, and you will soon see that the places you want to "go" will arrive at your own mental door.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

You wondering what this all means is all there is. Your thoughts. Consciousness. Looking out from the inside.

You, me, them, everything. It´s been you all along. There is nothing else.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Do you have some esoteric information that is not meant to be shared with the rest of us?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You sound like myself and myself has been searching for many years. Don't give up. What I came to realize is this. There are many levels of myself, I have been out of body, known others there with me, seen my soul on more than one occasion, stood beside a great presence and watched myself being gathered up and so forth.

Still, I don't have all the answers, but know that other dimension are there, beings come and go from these dimensions and we also can do this. I have been told by others to remain with the earth for now, so I am still here not knowing what the hell I am supposed to do, just that I have a job or contract to fulfill.

I also know, I train and learn while asleep but don't know for what. Over all, it is interesting and you just have to love a mystery. Things are quickening for some reason, more is happening in a shorter time than before.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname

Do you have some esoteric information that is not meant to be shared with the rest of us?

No. I've been sharing bits of it for over 2 years on here already. I fact, it's been really surprising just how disinterested most people actually are in a real nuts and bolts overview of what's sitting right in front of them, and all around them, and inside of them.

It's not esoteric. In fact, the mystics hate it because it's not esoteric. That said, the theoretical physics fans hate it because it redefines the quantum in quantum physics. And both hate it because they can't debunk it, and it answers all the mysteries that they each struggle with.

Me, I'm just bringing the vetting process to a close before launching it on a larger platform. Hell, I've been literally giving it to the community here - piece by piece - for months in appreciation for all that the folks here have done to help me understand the magnitude of what I have here. Some have even been directly involved in helping me validate aspects of it. It's been a good relationship so far and I'm glad I decided to bring it here.
edit on 4/15/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Let me guess, it has to do with Planck´s Constant.

Right?

edit to add, I´m sorry if that came out sarcastic. I think I read a thread of yours not long ago.

It's not esoteric. In fact, the mystics hate it because it's not esoteric. That said, the theoretical physics fans hate it because it redefines the quantum in quantum physics. And both hate it because they can't debunk it, and it answers all the mysteries that they each struggle with.

I agree, there is not much interest in that field, but Quantum Physics is the future and will cause a paradigm shift.

I´ve been thinking about making an undebunkable thread about the implications of QP too.

I´ll check out your work.
edit on 15-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Right?

Post searched me, eh?

It's way beyond that, but it does redefine what Max suggested. That said, you can't even imagine it if all you do is think quantum units.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

The simplest things are always the hardest to accept.

Imagine the majestic eagle with its great spread of wings. It owns the sky. If this creature could talk it would say, "When I die my wings will surely go to heaven!"

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Right?

edit to add, I´m sorry if that came out sarcastic. I think i read a thread of yours not long ago.

I agree, there is not much interest in that field, but Quantum Physics is the future and will cause a paradigm shift.

I´ve been thinking about making a undebunkable thread about the implications of QP too.

I´ll check out your work.

Well, I wrote a seemingly undebunkable book that starts there and runs all the way past the emergence of the human being and into the crib of the only kind of being that could ever qualify to be called a god. The scope itself is pretty hard to imagine if all you know about it is debates over pieces of it on a message board forum.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Are you being condescending to me right now or are you referring to other people?

If that was directed at me you are not really inviting me to check out your work.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

We want to believe that we are special. Chosen. Yet, the very same living cells that created the worm, the laughing hyena, and the sperm of a giraffe, also created us. We are made of the exact same stuff that made every other living thing on the planet, only arranged differently.

A violin and a dining room chair are both made of wood, but the violin, when played, creates violin musical tones that are not the violin, but that do exist in their own very real sense of physical existence. We have brains, yes, and so does a laughing hyena and a giraffe, but that's where the similarity ends. The Homo Sapien hominid, for whatever reason, developed the capacity known as sentience, and that capacity made the Homo Sapien hominid special and capable of creating the human being with its unique brain.

You can dismiss it, but you can't do anything about the fact that as a human being - brought into physical existence by the Homo Sapien brain that is nestled behind your Homo Sapien eyes - you exist, and you will persist long after the Homo Sapien body and brain have dropped forever. I don't have to convince you. The future that awaits you will take care of that for me. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Are you being condescending to me right now or are you referring to other people?

If that was directed at me you are not really inviting me to check out your work.

Condescending? How am I being condescending? I'm just stating a fact. You mentioned a Quantum Physics thread, and what I was referring to is much broader in scope. How is that condescending? And no, I'm not specifically inviting you to check out my work. You can if you wish, but it'd be your own enterprise. The book is available after all.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The scope itself is pretty hard to imagine if all you know about it is debates over pieces of it on a message board forum.

I guess I misinterpreted that line, but it seemed to suggest that my knowledge was inadequate.

What is the name of your book?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join