It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I deluded?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

well its hard to say whether you are deluded or not, but it sounds to me that you are expecting to find something you know "in the wrong place". This leads to disappointed, all you have found out is that you are changing seats on the titanic.The best step to take now is with your own particular view, understand what you are really doing. Cutting through the jungle, this is something you have to do with patience because the jungle is universally large. The other part of the view, is don't get the idea that the jungle needs to be cut, it you who need to know this through experience. As time goes by, you will simply just know that you are cutting through and wont make such a personal issue about it. The truth that you yearn for is a lot closer than you imagine, cut through your own imagination and be surprised with your own natural peace. best wishes on your journey.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Sorry if I missed it, but are you looking for the meaning of life as a whole? Or certain things that you feel need answered??

If your answer is the prior, I might suggest looking into something called the Urantia Papers.
According to research I've done, which isn't a whole lot, but enough to be able to summarize that one point, the meaning of life is to grow and learn and eventually merge (upon death) with the Creator.

This isn't a religious thing, even though it probably sounds as such. But, if it reassures you any, I'm not a religious person. Spiritual by definition, you could say, but not religious.
According to the Urantia Papers, there are 7 universes. One in the center with the other six revolving around it, similar to a large scale 'solar system'. Each of these universes was designated a Creator. An entity that pretty much set the experiment standards, defined the laws, and let everything happen while sitting back and taking notes.
The creator's personality is ever-changing, constantly growing, just like we do. And within us resides a small piece of the Creator (our soul) called the Thought Adjuster. As we age and go through our trials and tribulations, we change in personality, and in doing so the Creator will grow and change as well. At the end of our lives we become one with the Creator and he learns and develops from our experience.

I can go on to give you a little more info on the finer workings of the matter, but that's neither here nor there..
Hope this has helped in some small way.

Good luck on your search.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Maybe if you'd focus more on " how " instead of " what " you'd be better off. Nobody knows why the hell we're here or what this is all about. Just embrace the absurdity of it all.

“God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and complex variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.” - Terry Pratchett

link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

lol. the universe, she does get tippy at times.I hope to be a white pebble on the other side!

link   
reply to post by Shepp

Read some of this ancient run around scripture"man in the universe"Aristotle wrote it way back when and has been twisted to this day

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It appears that you are chasing your tail and walking down paths that lead no where, and your words reflect sadness and frustration that you haven't found what others promised.

When confronted with truth, do you run from it or do you embrace it even if it might be painful? If the latter, have you tried approaching God directly through prayer? He hears..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TooManyTheories

I am Valentine Michael Smith. And at this point in time I deem it fit to proclaim that there is nothing to see in my universe. Move along, nothing to see here. Go to bed or something, your eyeballs probably hurt from all your ATS'in g. Stasis

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
it can not be known with the intellectual mind. what you are looking for is in you,when the yearning is intense enough you can become it

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna

The greatest wisdom one can realize is that this is all just as it is. When you stop running toward it, then it will come to you.

Originally posted by Wertdagf

What you want often taints what you see.

Originally posted by b3l13v3

"You cannot fill a cup which is already full"

Perhaps not entirely a coincidence the same thing is said in many different ways. Seeing as how we are all constructs looking at the same thing in many different ways, and are ourselves part of what we observe.

These things, when we live them as a continuous and conscious verb, rather than nouns, are the same process known as "enlightenment." It isnt ascending to some "new level," per se, it is returning to baseline. It is the beginning, not the end goal. It might be seen as a conceptual shift from being the paint, to being the canvas, painter, and the paint.

It is very much like gardening. There may be instantaneous shifts, but overall, it is a process which takes place over time. A process that you are already doing, and have been doing, just outside of even your own perspective.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What one needs to do, is Be Here Now.

Seeking the future is" wasted energy". Be Here Now.

Very possibly man's innate desire to seek the future, is simply that person reflecting and
remembering one's own past.
Causing the longing for something lost, the craving to find it again.

It is so very important to care for and love the Life Force that is all around us Now
no matter what awaits us or where we came from.

The past is gone and the future will come.
What we must do while we have being is Be Here Now.

edit on 15-4-2012 by azureskys because: took out some words

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You are not deluded, you are simply on a quest for knowledge. You will do yourself well to remember that sometimes Questions are more important than answers. While "the truth" might be simple, Life itself is extensively complex and convoluted; the more we try to understand the more confused we become.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I feel this way too sometimes when looking for answers, have been doing so for over a decade. These last two years of my life have been the hardest though. I lost my full time position at a printer and have been scraping the bottom of the barrel since. Sometimes I get work but its always bits and pieces - I have nothing solid. I asked my beautiful girlfriend to marry me a while ago and she said yes. Right now I am not able to support us and She is ready to walk.
Ad-mist all of this I have never stopped thinking about who and what we are. An intelligent species lucky enough to experience everything with our 5 wonderful senses.You know what I have found in my searching ?

We are simply AMAZING. All of life is amazing. Some people forget how amazing we are and it brings me great joy to think about all the complexities of ourselves. The fact that we have (and these estimates are an educated guess by the smartest) 50 trillion cells, all of which work in perfect harmony at the atomic level all the way up to the macro scale. WE are made of trillions upon trillions of electrons from simple elements, all the same yet connected in the slightest amount of difference to create us - A heap of living tissue that has a collection of networks to input signals and adapt to the environment we put ourselves. The human mind alone is so complex that millions of people have studied it, the best and brightest of human kind, and cant figure out how it works. A collection of cells that communicate with each other and give us our consciousness.

If you want to talk about metaphysical, well, some people say they can move things with there minds or have 6 or 7 senses. I say we already are metaphysical in nature if you think about. We DO move stuff with out minds, we are performing telekinesis every time we grab a coffee, in our sleep. trillions of cells somehow coordinate themselves with a thought to move our arms, and arm consisting of trillions of cells itself and it all manifested from a quantum world, a chaotic in nature world where absolutely nothing makes any logical sense. We are from this crazy atomic world, probably a few scales down, but our bodies and our senses is how our consciousness forms.

The extremely small effects the extremely large. From the atomic chaos to the universe and beyond. It gives me energy and enlightenment to question HOW all of these things work together for US. And the more I think about it, the more I learn how complex one single cell is, the more amazing it gets. Just the very act of wondering makes me full of electricity to know more, to question it. It FEELS like I am going in the right direction, but I think that you did lose site of the actual importance of it, of how damn amazing everything is, WE MUST FIND OUT ! Thats our fuel for curiosity. Even with the situation my life is now, there is a feeling of thankfulness and wondrous curiosity in me, a type of ecstatic fuel I get. Its friggin AMAZING!, everything is. Never forget that, and never forget its important to understand, that is the reason we are here... not to become a toll booth collector, pay taxes and die. That life is for the people that cant think or have given up, but not you.

YOU are one of those people like me, a person that actually uses their brains. A person that understands the true nature of the universe. We were created by the universe (Im not saying its aware but a possibility of course), I mean literally speaking, the universe's purpose mechanically speaking is to spawn species like ours on this planet and the next. It creates intelligent beings, the reason is simple - To explore and be curious, to understand. That is our purpose. Nobody said it would be easy, but give us a few hundred million years and I believe we will be creating universes of our own.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

I can relate. The only thing is, my search has been going on for the last 22 years. I've studied Chrisdtianity, some buddhism, various metaphysical theologies, Gnosticism, et cetera. There are very few belief systems that I haven't at least encountered. None of them have quite met my expectations.

I have to say that Gnosticism has a bit more substance than many of them I have encountered. However, it is lacking due to the fact that its texts are incomplete. Buddhism and Theosophy are interesting, but they spring forth questions. Christianity is so tainted compared to its original form, I won't even go there.

All and all, it's been my experience that the harder you seek, the more you are left seeking. People say, "Well, the truth is simple." I'm sorry to disappoint those who buy into this lie...The TRUTH is not simple. It's a very complex web of interconnected ideologies and to try and know the UlLTIMATE TRUTH is a fool's errand.
edit on 15-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

You are seeking peace. You are looking for the end of confusion so you can relax.
You have a five star desire:
youtu.be...

The only thing worth seeking is the cessation of seeking:
youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The truth is simple. The truth is something that cannot be negated. Your being and this moment is the only thing that is not an idea.
youtu.be...

The reason why humans don't know the truth is because they listen to and believe the mind that tells stories. The mind does not know the truth and never will. The mind is known by the truth.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Christianity is so tainted compared to its original form, I won't even go there.

Bet you haven't read the Bible.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
'I am' can only ever be here and now. So 'I' is not deluded. 'I' is present right now, 'I' is never absent, 'I' is the seer and knower of this moment..
However, when 'I' is placed in time ( I was or I will be) it is an illusion (and if believed - a delusion).

The truth is now, and you can never be separate from now. You and now together as one is yoga (yoga has the literal meaning of "yoke", from a root yuj meaning to join, to unite), the holy communion. Find yourself here. Or be lost in there and then. There and then are ideas, they are not truth.

'I am' is the way, the truth and the life.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

I can relate... I've found that when I get to the point you are at now that I need to take a step back. Constant research and cerebral reasoning can cause an imbalance in your left/right hemispheres of the brain. You should practice regaining the balance so you don't become overwhelmed. Look up similacra and try using something that simple. I use art and music... Whatever you can find to bring the balance back will be an emense help! I wish you luck...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shepp

Do three things and simplicity will be found.

First, define the SYMBOLS in the Bible.

Second, know the direction of truth. Love and Hate; Pride and Humility; Good and Evil are all the degrees of law. If you can see the law for what it is, you know the basic truth found in these three steps. If a person takes reward, they create a debt to be paid. Stealing reward ends in suffering. Smoke and you get cancer. Flip this around to giving and reward is earned by suffering first. Choose to suffer, as Christ gave the example, and reward is earned. This type of reward extends to everyone around you. Work at a job and get a paycheck. Suffer the payment for a car and drive to your job. Suffering always leads to reward.

Third, read the new Testament. Start with Matthew 2 by listening: Audio LINK At minimum, if you just get to the end of chapter 3, you will start to see the truth emerge to your mind. Once you see, you will begin to research and see that the truth of it all is in the Bible. Once you begin to listen, have an ear for the symbolism. The Experts in the Law are the Pharisees, Sadducees and the Money Changers. When Jesus gets to Peter, he says this:

Matthew 16:18
18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (Petros), and upon this rock (Petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Petros is a small stone that is to be rolled away. It represents the false church built on Peter (Roman Catholic Church). Petra is the foundation stone. This is the next key to seeing the symbols. The Builders who rejected the cornerstone are the Masons.

Luke 20:17

Jesus looked directly at them and asked, "Then what is the meaning of that which is written: "'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone'?

Listen to the NT with an ear for the three "Experts" in the law. The Bankers, the false Priests and the Masons. The world you occupy is built by this false system that rejects the truth of God. They take the reward rather than earning it. Debt is created. Again, the symbols of the NT tell our story today.

If you are truly searching for evidence of the correct view of truth, you need look no further than the Bible. Once you understand the root truth found here, you can then go back to the dead ends you were reading before and know them by their fruit. If they give for others, they are true. If they take easy reward for self, they are false. Ultimately, the only name we can take is the name that represents this love in fulfillment. That name is Jesus. He is the example of the true Way.

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Detailed thoughts on these subjects can be found in my signature.

edit on 15-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp

The more one researches, the more obscure the path comes. With every answer comes several more questions it seems. Even with all the information available I feel like I've just been reading the same material over and over again. After so much experimentation with my personality and psyche I feel I've changed in a strangely unpleasant way. I can hardly feel anything. All my searching has lead me to many places intellectually but nothing has really made an impact on my life. A familiar old sense of something greater and more true always taunts me.

No one school of thought holds the all the answers because they are all man's attempt to describe the indescribable, each one filtered through the particular culture and belief system held by the person attempting to describe. You have to follow your heart as to what feels most ‘right’ for you.

I feel like what I'm looking for is deceptively simple, and this is what I've based my search around. If a philosophy of life is not extremely simple and extremely effective in bringing inner acceptance and peace it simply wont cut it. I don't even feel like I'm asking for too much, like what I'm seeking is really out there. Meditation, Reiki, lucid dreaming, all of these sorts of things just make me ask more and more questions.

I agree that whatever the ultimate ‘Truth’ maybe it will definitely be much more simple than anyone really suspects…

Everything you see around is merely an illusion, trappings of the imagination of the Source of all. It is my belief that each of us is merely a separate aspect of the Source experiencing itself as you, or me. And when you break everything down it is all merely energy, an energy which is malleable and able to be manipulated to form the realities we see around us.

I find when I look at everything from that point of view everything else seems to fall into place. The details aren’t as important for ultimately your higher self knows all the answers anyway.

Finally a little advice

Lusting for spirituality can be one of the most insidious forms lust can take on. It is a craving for the benefits, trappings, mannerisms, speech patterns, etc. It is making a goal of spirituality rather than seeking the process of moving toward it from wherever you are. A reasonable formula for spiritual gain is simply accepting yourself exactly where you are in the moment, then exercising your right as a spirit to bring about an upward shift in both energy and consciousness, and enjoying the beautiful colors, the illumination and the enlightenment which results naturally from the process.
Craig Junjulas

Basically dude, just go with the flow. You’ve got lifetimes ahead of you to work out all the answers…….

edit on 15/4/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shepp
A familiar old sense of something greater and more true always taunts me.

There is nothing greater than your own personal reflection of this magnificent place. You exist in that reflection, imagined by the brain, independent of others' imaginations of you as each of us exist in their own inner world, an uncountable number of reflections, some so much in sync it almost appears to be happening in the same world rather than in the individual mind.

Some people mistake the reflection for the real thing and believe we live in a shared world and go on and mistake their feelings as truths while in reality they just suffer from poor or incomplete programming acting out in the body according to their delusions, dragging everyone with them in their distorted view because few can resist the illusion of living in a shared world. And so we all talk to eachother in a manner as if we are actually there, while in fact we all talk to our own perceived reflections in our own infinity, it truly is all in the mind.

Most people are simply unable to leave their own reflections (what some people refer to as lucid dreaming, oobe) they rather pretend to live in one world, denying their own inner world just to prevent feeling one of humanities' primal emotions - the sense of being all alone. If you believe it's not in your own head, you truly are deluded.
edit on 15/4/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join