It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiroshima ....just an experiment on the already defeated?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by rlrsar
Ending the war with the atomic bombs saved at least 1 million lives of American soldiers and Japanese soldiers/ civilians.
Had they not been used the Japanese would have "fought to the last person to protect their homeland"

If they were willing to "fight to the last person" then why did japan surrender? because they did not "really" want to fight to the last person.

Not much you can do when one plane can wipe out a whole city. See the difference? They fought to the last person in virtually every conventional engagement they were in. Armed bayonet charges kind of lose there punch when you're up against that kind of firepower. Japan could have continued fighting, but they didn't know we had used all our available bombs. The Emperor surrendered because he feared this would happen to every major Japanese city. I still don't see a conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by stoptheinsanity2012

you are missing the point in that God's plan is bigger than our own. so let's fight and argue and live and love and at the end we will see his plan...

HAH, trust me, i know his plan involves this war, I'm just making a point to all the people here saying America needed to nuke Japan to stop the war, and to those that say war is hell, in almost every situation involving warfare it is the common man who has been decieved by his leader into fighting and dieing for some false cause. weather it be completely pointless (WW1 / WW2) or their leader's own reason's and insecurities.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Of course the dropping of the bombs was unnecessary, as the war was relatively over. But, the Japanese would not have surrendered, and would have held out on the Japanese mainland and fought to the death. This is what the Americans were fearful of, as many allies would have been lost, and it would have been incredibly difficult to defeat the Japanese in this manner. It would have happened, it just would have cost too many allied and Japanese lives after all was said and done.

Plus the Americans' bombing campaign was not being as effective as they had hoped, and would have continued to be ineffective, as it would not have succeeded in getting the Japanese to surrender. I don't like the fact that so many civilians were killed, or worse, but I can understand why the decision was made.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Hiroshima ....just an experiment on the already defeated?

No. Nagasaki was.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yes thank you,I believe that I read something that made that statement but not stated as fact . I'm sure that our gov. would keep it from us if they could . I don't know if they had a deliverable bomb though .

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by babybunnies

Yes thank you,I believe that I read something that made that statement but not stated as fact . I'm sure that our gov. would keep it from us if they could . I don't know if they had a deliverable bomb though .

Please read my post on the matter on the previous page if you will... post by Drunkenparrot

Per the people who worked on the Japanese nuclear program, research never went beyond laboratory experimentation.

Most critically, the Japanese wartime infrastructure was not even remotely capable of supporting a viable weapons program.

The allegations of a Japanese bomb are rooted in a poorly written book written by a magazine cartoonist who's only source was an alleged conversation only he claims to have had. These claims have been conclusively refuted by both U.S. investigation and, most importantly, by the Nipponese physicists who oversaw Japans limited wartime nuclear research programs themselves.

edit on 16-4-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
At times I really do question if using TWO atomic weapons was really the right approach to end the war. Then I remember how the Japanese raped, tortured, and murdered over 300,000 innocent Chinese civilians, committed chemical and biological experiments on prisoners of war, flew planes into ships killing U.S. sailors, and beyond.

There was absolutely no other way to end the war with Japan. I'm convinced of that.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
If anyone ever did any research, they would realize that early in 45, there was something called the "Target Committee".

The Target Committee looked at all Japanese targets do decide what to use. A lot went into the decision, such as placement, height of detonation, the psychological effect on the Japanese people. You can read it here:
www.dannen.com...

It was obvious that they wanted to cause as much destruction as possible and as much misery and pain as possible to Japan. It had nothing to do with saving millions of lives - we had them blockaded, and could have starved them out, especially since the Nazi threat was gone....the entire world would have ganged up on Japan. So the argument about "saving millions of American soldiers" is a bunch of poppycock.

The droppping of the Abomb was to do a live test on human subjects - they had already blown up other #, but blowing up humans is REAL exciting. Causing cancers for generations? Priceless, apparently.
edit on 14-4-2012 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

this is the dumbest thing i ever heard? are u kidding we actually showed restraint moron..

think about it we coulda dropped it in frikin tokyo..

how many would that have killed. and btw the drew first blood who the hell cares they got what they deserved

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by superballs

The US would have never dropped an atomic bomb on a white nation. Think about it. Nazi Germany committed far more atrocities than Japan in the war. They didn't get the bomb, let alone 2. Did they deserve it? How many allied and russian soldiers lives were spent trying to fight for every last inch of Germany? Couldn't that have been avoided?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by superballs
this is the dumbest thing i ever heard? are u kidding we actually showed restraint moron..

how many would that have killed. and btw the drew first blood who the hell cares they got what they deserved

Wow talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

A demonstration of the bomb would have sufficed, Truman was an inhumane animal ( actually that is showing disrespect to animals ) and I hope he is roasting nicely in hell for his war crimes. Anyone that feels the murder and mutilation of over 300 000 old men, women and children justified is certified... certified Psychopath.

Don't be a tool for our Psychopath overlords, have empathy.

edit on 16-4-2012 by ParAvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Its strange how we in the west?
Haveimplemented the greatest of sufferings , in the name of freedom.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki inflicted indescribable suffering and death onto hudreds of thousands of Japanese women, Chidren, aged men ect.

It followed on from the fire killings of tens of thousands of Japanese soldiers on the islands in the south Pacific and nearer to Japan?

The question is ?
Are we the west... the most efficent and lethally vengeful to our enemies?

Or is it simply we are possessors of the most advanced technology at the right times?

edit on 14-4-2012 by Dr Expired because: clarity

Not to defend the atomic bombs, but Japan killed more innocent civilians in more brutal ways in China alone.. in the millions, not thousands. Japan needed to be stopped at all costs. Their intent was to subjugate the entire world. They would have killed millions more civilians given the chance.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by passit
reply to post by superballs

The US would have never dropped an atomic bomb on a white nation. Think about it. Nazi Germany committed far more atrocities than Japan in the war. They didn't get the bomb, let alone 2. Did they deserve it? How many allied and russian soldiers lives were spent trying to fight for every last inch of Germany? Couldn't that have been avoided?

The reason why they did not drop it on Germany was the nuke was finished after they were defeated already. Also the surrounding nations were our allies and would have got caught up in the radiation. SO its not that they were being racist when they did that. Japan had the unfortunate luck of being all alone in the ocean.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Think about it. Nazi Germany committed far more atrocities than Japan in the war. They didn't get the bomb, let alone 2. Did they deserve it? How many allied and russian soldiers lives were spent trying to fight for every last inch of Germany? Couldn't that have been avoided?

So this is what the young people of today are being taught....

When was VE day?

When was the Trinity bomb detonated?

Which came first?

You think about that....

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

The question is ?

Are YOU from the west?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Think about it. Nazi Germany committed far more atrocities than Japan in the war. They didn't get the bomb, let alone 2. Did they deserve it? How many allied and russian soldiers lives were spent trying to fight for every last inch of Germany? Couldn't that have been avoided?

So this is what the young people of today are being taught....

When was VE day?

When was the Trinity bomb detonated?

Which came first?

You think about that....

Pearl Harbor, anybody?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Its strange how we in the west?
Haveimplemented the greatest of sufferings , in the name of freedom.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki inflicted indescribable suffering and death onto hudreds of thousands of Japanese women, Chidren, aged men ect.

It followed on from the fire killings of tens of thousands of Japanese soldiers on the islands in the south Pacific and nearer to Japan?

The question is ?
Are we the west... the most efficent and lethally vengeful to our enemies?

Or is it simply we are possessors of the most advanced technology at the right times?

edit on 14-4-2012 by Dr Expired because: clarity

Not to defend the atomic bombs, but Japan killed more innocent civilians in more brutal ways in China alone.. in the millions, not thousands. Japan needed to be stopped at all costs. Their intent was to subjugate the entire world. They would have killed millions more civilians given the chance.

No, no. We, the west, are the only people capable of commiting atrocities.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParAvion

Originally posted by superballs

Wow talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

A demonstration of the bomb would have sufficed, Truman was an inhumane animal ( actually that is showing disrespect to animals ) and I hope he is roasting nicely in hell for his war crimes. Anyone that feels the murder and mutilation of over 300 000 old men, women and children justified is certified... certified Psychopath.

Don't be a tool for our Psychopath overlords, have empathy.

edit on 16-4-2012 by ParAvion because: (no reason given)

Let's not forget about the impending Nazi invasion looming about.

Also, the Japanese Emporer commanded his civillians to kill their children and then themselves rather than surrender to the Americans, who supplied aid to the survivors of bombardments, and did not harm civilians or take prisoners..

And before going on about honor - know that he told them it was because they were monsters who would commit all sorts of atrocities that I'd rather not sit here and type out if they allowed themselves to be captured, knowingly lying to his people.

I'm not all gung-ho pro-america... I just think WWII was one of America's better moments in history.
edit on 16-4-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
At times I really do question if using TWO atomic weapons was really the right approach to end the war. Then I remember how the Japanese raped, tortured, and murdered over 300,000 innocent Chinese civilians, committed chemical and biological experiments on prisoners of war, flew planes into ships killing U.S. sailors, and beyond.

There was absolutely no other way to end the war with Japan. I'm convinced of that.

We actually tried to use 3.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

Originally posted by kman420
Well all you Americans sure have allot of input, I wonder what a japanese person would say...

Oh wait, i know a few, they think you are baby killing tyrants too, what a conincidence.

Only stating the obvious, Both sides did horrable things, I wonder how japanese were "really" treated in concentration camps?

but even though the Japanese may think that...they wouldn't say it from their mouths when standing face to face with the very American they said it about.

they would wait until the American was fully intoxicated enjoying a moment of celebration to say it.

that's what many consider to be bravery and masculinity

many in the middle east behave in this manner as well.

Funny how when other people are being opinionated it's because of their nationality, and because they're all the exact same person which constitutes one single baby-killing machine.

Even funnier how when you're equally as opinionated that you're not doing anything wrong.

I didn't know people in the middle east didn't kill anybody. I always thought the entire world did.

Oh that's right -

The funniest joke of all..

Murder is only wrong when someone else is doing it.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Here are some snippets about Japan's history around the late 1930's - 1940's.

MASS KILLINGS

R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, states that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military murdered from nearly 3,000,000 to over 10,000,000 people, most likely 6,000,000 Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war. "This democide was due to a morally bankrupt political and military strategy, military expediency and custom, and national culture."[36] According to Rummel, in China alone, during 1937–45, approximately 3.9 million Chinese were killed, mostly civilians, as a direct result of the Japanese operations and 10.2 million in the course of the war.[37] The most infamous incident during this period was the Nanking Massacre of 1937–38, when, according to the findings of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, the Japanese Army massacred as many as 300,000 civilians and prisoners of war, although the accepted figure[by whom?] is somewhere in the hundreds of thousands.[38] In Southeast Asia, the Manila massacre resulted in the death of 100,000 civilians in the Philippines. It is estimated that at least one out of every 20 Filipinos died at the hand of the Japanese during the occupation.[39][40] In the Sook Ching massacre, Lee Kuan Yew, the ex-Prime Minister of Singapore, said during an interview with National Geographic that there were between 50,000 and 90,000 casualties[41] while according to Major General Kawamura Saburo, there were 5,000 casualties in total.[42] There were other massacres of civilians e.g. the Kalagong massacre. Historian Mitsuyoshi Himeta reports that a "Three Alls Policy" (Sankō Sakusen) was implemented in China from 1942 to 1945 and was in itself responsible for the deaths of "more than 2.7 million" Chinese civilians. This scorched earth strategy, sanctioned by Hirohito himself, directed Japanese forces to "Kill All, Burn All, and Loot All." Additionally, captured allied service personnel were massacred in various incidents, including: Laha massacre[43] Banka Island massacre[44] Parit Sulong Palawan Massacre SS Tjisalak massacre perpetrated by Japanese submarine I-8 Wake Island massacre – see Battle of Wake Island Bataan Death March Shinyo Maru Incident

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join