It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Parallel Universes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If the entire "known" electromagnetic spectrum were spread out like a roll of film, it would be 2500 miles long. The "visible" color part would be about an 1" wide at the center. If I can't see, hear or touch something does that mean it is in another dimension, or just outside our ability to detect or measure it?

Say you put a blind person in a room filled with people who are all silent. They are all in the same room, just outside the ability of the blind person to observe them. That is how I think the world around us is percieved; but partially.

Like being in a dark room with no windows. The sunlit, color filled real world is just outside the "walls" but we are oblivious to it in our little room.

All this conjuring of dimensions and parallel existence is meaningless... look to your left and say hello.

Or are you still thinking like a caterpillar?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

This will get you started on time slips. From here on you are on your own. This whole topic boggles my mind and I can't spend hours upon hours researching it (again).

Edit because I forgot to add link LOL. Celebrities
edit on 15-4-2012 by ventian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I wonder if parallel universes are often created by the choices we make.

Say you're at a 4 way crossroad.

In this you choose to go stright
Another you go right
Another you go left
Another you go back
Another you go nowhere because your car broke down

There's infinite possibilities. Anyone ever seen that movie Mr.Nobody? I'd check that out if I were you if you're interested on this subject. It also involves the Big Crunch as well at the end which made the movie even better and I often wondered; is that the reason we experianced deja vu. Seriously, just check it out folks. More often then not, people will make the same choices they always were always meant to make in this lifetime without even knowing but there are also times when they choose to make a decision and completely change and divert from current universe thus creating another.

The reason why I believe in parallel universes is because, well in this Universe I'm completely deaf in my right with 80% loss in the other and wear a hearing to help me hear what I'm able to hear now. Even when I go to sleep at night, there's times when I'm the same way in my dreams as I am in this unverse BUT there are also times when I can hear loud and clearer then I ever heard before in my life. Why is that? I'll never understand, but not only that I have had many deja vus while growing up.

Another thought;

What if we create by thinking? If enough people believe in parellel universes would it be possible that it can just pop into existance? God did this when he created us and the and our World as stated in Genesis in just Seven days and did God also say he created us in his image/likeness? Of coarse he's a lot more powerful than we can ever imagine but what if enough people "thought" of something would it be quite possible that it can just bang into existance? Take UFOs for example, look at all the sightings that's been going on. Even my Mother has seen one just the other day for crying out loud, is it possible that enough people started thinking about it hense why it's started popping up more and more often?

I don't know. Just my two thoughts. I can't prove it but it's all I have. Hope you all enjoy the movie.
edit on 15-4-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
DELETE POST PLEASE
edit on 15-4-2012 by TheProphetMark because: Mistake

Edit: Can we have an option to delete our own post please?
edit on 15-4-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Could it be that the reason this isnt front page news is because n0 one would have a clue what they were reading

I read the quotes from the article you posted 3 times and I still have absolutely no idea what the hell they mean LOL
edit on 15-4-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

OK, here's my 2c worth in explanation:

In an ideal theoretical universe there'd be as much antimatter as there is matter. There isn't, there's far more matter here, and this idea of Supersymmetry is broken in the universe we observe.

There appears to be approximately five times the supersymmetry breaking energy in this universe than would be expected (which explains why we see more matter than antimatter).

It is theorized that this is because the primeval energies which gave rise to matter in this universe was split between other universes, which have their own preferential "flavour" of matter, at a time when all the universes touched each other at the singularity (the universe/multiverse before the big bang).

When the Big Bang did occur, multiple universes were nucleated (like bubbles being formed) and began expansion from a single point. Initially, there was overlap, but eventually the outer boundary of each bubble (its horizon), detached, taking its bit of reality with it.

For universes where the symmetry breaking energy was high (like ours) these universes would expand. For universes where the symmetry breaking energy was low, the matter and antimatter would annihilate causing the bubble universe to become non-viable and cease to exist (not enough energy to sustain its space-time horizon).

It was then theorized that closely adjacent universes might have "stolen" the symmetry breaking energy from each other and this would have left areas of low symmetry breaking energy where they "touched" at, or just after the singularity. The effect you'd see in each universe would be areas of relatively empty space (little matter) and a corresponding flow of dark energy, which would be frozen in place by the expansion of each of the universe/s.

These "empty" areas would most likely be located at the top or "North" of the universe and the bottom, or "South" of the universe. and would also be aligned to the overall polarization of the "dark flow" (the entertainingly nicknamed "axis of evil"). This North & South does not refer to the Earth's North or South.

I am not sure I fully understand all the theory and math and this is really a cruddy explanation outside the papers of Laura & Co, so take it with a grain of salt. It's just an analogy.

edit on 15/4/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You may also like: Another Earth

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

You know, I actually wanted to watch that but never got around to it due to bad reviews. Looks like the reviews went up a bit since I last checked.

I guess I'll check it out now that you recommend it. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

If only we could travel to the other universe, and see if they have done things differently in their world than what we did.....Now THAT would make headlines right there, but alas only in the world of FRINGE can I have such fantasies come to life....GREAT POST

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

So true. It seems to a layman like me anyways. I have learned of so many people that seem nameless in the forefront and yet are bloody brilliant and onto some pretty cool theories of there own. I have barely scratched the surface though but I can make sense of most of what physics is about. Theoretical physics is so exciting to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Here's a thought..What if when you die,you don't really die,but you wake up in another parallel universe where you survived?

And maybe everyone lives to a certain age no matter what!The oldest person ever recorded was Jeanne Calment. Born February 21, 1875, died August 4, 1997. She was 122 years old!Maybe we all live to that age no matter what!For all we know people have died already but didn't know it.Say someone dies in a car crash.Or at least they thought they did.But in another parallel universe they survived!...cool lol

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
I wonder if parallel universes are often created by the choices we make.

Say you're at a 4 way crossroad.

In this you choose to go stright
Another you go right
Another you go left
Another you go back
Another you go nowhere because your car broke down

There's infinite possibilities.

Welcome to the many-worlds theory. In all honesty, that's the theory that helped me "understand" a lot more of the various theories regarding physics/dimensions/different universes. It might have helped that I had thought about the concept before I was even interested in astrophysics.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Parallel Universe concept has intrigued me for years. I have heard some speculate that in another Parallel that the outcome of a past event can be totally differant with the outcome and all. If there is an infinite number, one could only imagine what you would be doing there or who would you be? There would be to many outcomes to fathom.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Could it be that the reason this isnt front page news is because n0 one would have a clue what they were reading

I read the quotes from the article you posted 3 times and I still have absolutely no idea what the hell they mean LOL
edit on 15-4-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

These scientists came up with a theory, about how parallel universes work. They expected to find a particular kind of evidence in a certain place, which they would interpret as supportive of their theory...and apparently, they did find it.

The evidence they were looking for, apparently had to do with the difference in energy (I think thermal or heat, specifically, from the article) that they would expect to be able to detect between our universe and another one. How they are able to detect anything at all from another universe, of course, is something I don't understand in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think the multi-verse is a very likely possibility. Our whole existence is basically patterns, but the laws change when the scale of what you're viewing changes. I think that's why we haven't found a unified theory yet. The scale changing is throwing us off. I think there really is a set of physics laws that explain the whole of everything, you just have to make sure you're taking the right laws to the right scale, per say.

I mean, why wouldn't there be multiple universes? There is so much SPACE in space, if you follow. As humans, we really don't know squat about our existence. We're still finding new species on earth, almost yearly, if not more commonly found.

We aren't even true masters of Earth yet (as far as I know), we still have a long road ahead of us. Hopefully 2012 doesn't bring too much destruction. Though most of the general population are still stuck in their daily routine, and are assholes, I kinda like this existence. Every second, counted on an atomic clock, comes with an almost infinite amount of action. Whether that action includes you, any Human on earth, or any other organism in the whole of the multi-verse, millions upon billions of things happen in a blink of an eye.

But alas, people are still "swaggin" about and #YOLO'ing it up.

Lol, had to throw that last part in there.

Good vibes to all.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Evidence of a parallel universe

digitaljournal.com...

Data from NASA’s Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) showed evidence of a huge void in the universe spanning one billion light years. Scientists say this void may be the evidence of another universe beyond our own.

NASA’s WMAP satellite is gathering important data to know more about the origins of the universe. It measures the temperature of the radiant heat after the big bang and looks at the events that occurred in the first trillionth of a second in the universe.

Astronomers collected this WMAP data and analyzed it and announced they found a huge void in the universe in the Constellation of Eridanus, one billion light years across.

The size of the hole is equivalent to 10,000 times the size of our galaxy or 400 times the distance to Andromeda, the nearest galaxy to Milky Way galaxy. This void has far fewer materials such as stars, nebulae, dust and other material compared to other parts of the universe.

The dimension of the hole is so big, astronomers say there are no current cosmological theories to explain this strange phenomenon in the universe. Some scientists are speculating with theoretical models "that might predict the existence of “giant knots” in space known as topological defects."

However, in a bold statement, another scientist said the void signifies there is a parallel universe beyond ours with galaxies and solar systems. Laura Mersini-Houghton, a physics professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, told the media it is “… the unmistakable imprint of another universe beyond the edge of our own“.

The idea of an alternative, or parallel universe has been around in Sci-Fi literature and movies, but there has been no physical proof. If Mersini-Houghton’s claim is right, Erdanus’ giant hole would be the first experimental evidence of the presence of another universe.

As more data is being gathered from WMAP, astronomers can see whether Mersini-Houghton and colleagues’ theory of entangled universes is real or not. Her model also predicts the existence of two voids -- one in the northern hemisphere that was found by WMAP, and she claims there must be another void in the southern hemisphere.
If Mersini-Houghton’s theory is correct, then there may be more than one universe. I hope this announcement will make scientists join forces to find out more info.

digitaljournal.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Not sure about other members experiences but if you PM me I can give you some advice. I guess I could just do a post for anyone to read, if I do I will send you a link. I am doing UNI work currently so don’t have the time at the moment. There is a method where you wake up 2 hours earlier than normal then it is easier to get your body back to sleep so you can give that ago. Most people can project within a one or two months with this method without meditation experience through experienced meditation is always better.

Do not give up with it and do not do new age stuff like burning insents or buying a CD with natural music, just treat it as though you are breathing or eating, it is a natural and once your body feels comfortable it will get easy.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
As you are reading this, another you is reading this exact same article in another universe. If a thought like that doesn't keep you up at night, then nothing will

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
S and F! Great thread and information

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Pretty interesting radio show i think is relevant to the thread, long but worth it

Lots of info coming out in a fast pace about these type of subjects lately, seems like some agenda at work.

One might be interested in looking up Nassim Haramein too when these subjects interest you, i have the feeling that guy is gonna be a BIG name in the future! (he has a tendency for very long seminairs though
)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses!

Another way to look at this is through the eyes of entropy. Entropy basically tells us that parallel universes must exist. Entropy involves microstates and macrostates. These microstates are constantly changing. The higher the temperature means there will be more microstates available. This is opposed to macrostates which are always found in a definite state.

That might be fine, but how can we find out how many microstates are accessible for a macrostate? (Remember, a macrostate is just any system whose thermodynamic qualities of P, V, T, H, etc. have been measured so the system is exactly defined.) Fortunately, Ludwig Boltzmann gives us the answer in S = kB ln W, where S is the value of entropy in joules/mole at T, kB is Boltzmann's constant of 1.4 x 10-23 J/K and W is the number of microstates. Thus, if we look in “Standard State Tables” listing the entropy of a substance that has been determined experimentally by heating it from 0 K to 298 K, we find that ice at 273 K has been calculated to have an So of 41.3 J/K mol. Inserting that value in the Boltzmann equation gives us a result that should boggle one's mind because it is among the largest numbers in science. (The estimated number of atoms in our entire galaxy is around 1070 while the number for the whole universe may be about 1080. A very large number in math is 10100 and called "a googol" — not Google!) Crystalline ice at 273 K has 101,299,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 accessible microstates. (Writing 5,000 zeroes per page, it would take not just reams of paper, not just reams piled miles high, but light years high of reams of paper to list all those microstates!)

entropysite.oxy.edu...

The human body is about 310K.

What this means is on a micro level these microstates are constantly changing. It' can be compared to film projector that moves very fast and projects the illusion that each individual frame is a continuous movie. These individual frames are macrostates. Each macrostate is in a defined positioned determined by the rapid changing of microstates.

So say I'm deciding between a blue car and a red car. On a microstate level each macrostate occurs. On a macrostate level the macrostate where I buy the blue car and the macrostate where I buy the red car has to occur as two separate defined states. These would be parallel universes.

Again, entropy says this has to occur. These states are constantly trying to reach equilibrium and maximize entropy. This means the more available microstates means the more macrostates(parallel universes).

Here's some more info:

Q11 How many worlds are there?
The thermodynamic Planck-Boltzmann relationship, S = k*log(W), counts the branches of the wavefunction at each splitting, at the lowest, maximally refined level of Gell-Mann’s many-histories tree. (See “What is many-histories?”) The bottom or maximally divided level consists of microstates which can be counted by the formula W = exp (S/k), where S = entropy, k = Boltzmann’s constant (approx 10^-23 Joules/Kelvin) and W = number of worlds or macrostates. The number of coarser grained worlds is lower, but still increasing with entropy by the same ratio, i.e. the number of worlds a single world splits into at the site of an irreversible event, entropy dS, is exp(dS/k). Because k is very small a great many worlds split off at each macroscopic event.

Imagine an entropy of just 1 J/K – divided by Boltzmann’s Constant, k, we get 72.4 x 10^21 as the exponent. Thus the number of Worlds is W= e^(72.4×10^21), which is an utterly mind-numbingly large number for a pretty tiny entropy difference. Yet the mathematics of quantum mechanics – and even classic mechanics, via the Hamilton-Jacobi formulation – seems to require an endless splitting of Worlds to match the sheer number of distinguishable microstates.

crowlspace.com...

So you can look at the great work of Laura Mersini-Houghton, David Deutsh, Hugh Everett and others as well as just studying entropy and the evidence to support parallel universes is overwhelming.
edit on 16-4-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join