It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Parallel Universes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hi "Parallel" fans.

To better understand the OP's quotes, try to see, buy, rent the stuff
in the first line of my signature. It will explain A LOT. . .

As observed : In the "Plank" scale, matter "appears" and "disappears".
( Quantum physics. . .potentiality. . .)

Now, the question IS: WHERE does it go, and
where does it come FROM ???
The "parallel" universe ??? Maybe. . . B-)

Blue skies.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I like how the OP throws in sexism at the end of his post. Stephen H. and Maku (My little name for him
) are very intelligent men. They have EARNED the ability to be on the scientific fore front. Though her predictions have come true. She still has to earn her right to be on the fore front of scientific knowledge.

Also. Believe it or not ... this isn't as ground breaking as it seems as this has been debated for years. This exact thing she is speaking of.

So let's keep the Sexism out of it. I am personally tired of seeing sexist remarks, and yes I am FORCED to read your post because it sounded interesting, and then I saw the end part, and it completely turned me off of the subject; I am not psychic.
edit on 15-4-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
Same with the Wright brothers and their test flight.
edit on 15-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

Betcha don't know about Richard Pearse, who invented the first heavier than air machine that flew- and landed- in March 1903 (before the oft-touted Wright Brothers)...

Wiki link

www.nzedge.com...

Anyway I digress. Fascinating article in the OP. Will have to digest it a bit more before commenting on it. Cheers for the link.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Could it be that the reason this isnt front page news is because n0 one would have a clue what they were reading

I read the quotes from the article you posted 3 times and I still have absolutely no idea what the hell they mean LOL
edit on 15-4-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

I was just about to write the same thing lol is this in English? Can I get an explanation in layman terms, maybe a power point ,or draw me a picture cause the article quoted doesn't help

From what i understand, and put as simply as i possibly can, they found two 'dark' spots. One above the universe, the other below. They reckon these two dark spots are the edges of the 'bubble' that is a paralel universe(s) and due to the way they 'exist' it means there is a chain, possibly circular of other universes out there so each universe will have almost the exact same dark spots found above and below.

A bit like putting one Earth on top of ours and another Earth underneath ours. But just because there is two extra Earths sharing proximity it does not mean they will evolve in the same way, just similar. .

It's different from multiple universes (which could still be possible, but they'd have their own paralels) as the multiple universes would be huddled around each other and clammering for space as they expand, some possibly merging and destroying one universe. (a bit like tthe two galaxies that are currently coliding). Best way to describe this is a bucket full of tennis balls where tennis balls equal individual universes.

hope that helps and hope I got within somewhere on the side of 'correct'... ish

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Found some info a while back on parallel universes and using meditation/visualization to move between them, for those interested, it's called "quantum jumping" and I think it's about moving between the universes using the above techniques to better yourself by finding/contacting another 'you' who has the qualities you want in your life and learning from the alternate you.

www.quantumjumping.com...

Interesting reading if anything, if I remember correctly too I think they used to offer some of the first lessons free.

Cheers.
edit on 15-4-2012 by thomsop because: Typo :-)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
I wonder how many years it well be before scientists start to understand and prove to themselves that Astral Projection is not just some hallucination.

The second they can record visually what the brain sees. As soon as they figure that out, experiments into subjects like this can start.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Very interesting. It's always exciting to me to imagine that there is so much more to life than what we know. It's also frustrating to me how new and abstract ideas can still meet with such resistance in science. What is taken as fact in science today all too often started as an abstract idea rejected by the science of the time. When will they ever learn??

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Quinn Mallory proved this years ago. And to those bible thumpers please dont bring heaven and hell into this.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Logitech411

they always do.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
There are other experiments besides this one that have proven that parallel universes exist. It is very important, because it has implications in time travel and how our minds work, as well.

The time travel implications are the easiest to explain - if we could travel to a parallel universe that happened to exist in a different time period, but was otherwise on the same path as ours, we could interact with it, effectively going "back in time" (although changes made would not affect our own universe in this case, it might be hard to get back).

It looks like other people have already started talking a bit about how this could affect how we think.

I didn't know that there was a parallel universe sitting right outside our own, though. That's interesting and different.
edit on 15-4-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietInsanity

I wonder how many years it well be before scientists start to understand and prove to themselves that Astral Projection is not just some hallucination.

The second they can record visually what the brain sees. As soon as they figure that out, experiments into subjects like this can start.

I like your thinking, QuietInsanity.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
Again, this should be front page news. It's not because she's talking about Parallel Universes and the status quo brigade can't have any evidence of Parallel Universes. It's also due to the fact that she's a woman. If Stephen Hawking or Dr. Michio Kaku made these predictions, they would make front page news.

If a male astrophysicist who has never had a television show made these predictions, it wouldn't make front page news either.

There's lots of work going on in cosmology these days, and there are many theories. I'm glad that the community is paying attention to empirical verification, unlike string theory, which appears to be mostly-useless as a physics endeavor.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
From another member:

From what i understand, and put as simply as i possibly can, they found two 'dark' spots. One above the universe, the other below.

I have a question:
If this is the correct simple interpretation of the situation... how can the "other parallel universe" be affecting this one if it is parallel?

I thought that parallel means "next to" but "separate from" or "having no effect upon"? Like two parallel lines

They do not intersect or overlap and should not at any time. Otherwise they are no longer "parallel." If a permanent manifestation exists of something that is parallel then how can that be (parallel)?

edit on 15-4-2012 by intrptr because: deletion

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I've read some books on some crazy things, and sorta came up with this. What if you are all the same entity? Split across an infinate amount of universes? Sounds crazy until you think of R.E.M sleep... people talk of astral projections, what IF.....what if, when you dream you see some other part of yourself in a distant universe, you always get the feeling that you "KNOW" the place you are dreaming about.....i.e. it's your house....but somehow, it just isn't....

Many more discoveries to be made in science and spirit, in the end they will converge....and won't involve bible bashing, lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wish I could wake up in one of these parrallel universes, cos this life sucks.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Hi,

Nice post. Einstein was a good plagiarizer due to being fortunate and ending up in a patent office where he was able to absorb other peoples ideas - but... the man was a genius no doubt as he was able to take other peoples ideas and put them together, often in ways others had not thought of, much like Bill Gates, both equally successful at selling other peoples ideas....but this rant is for another topic.

I have always held a notion of "Other Universes", parallel and discorded to our own world, within the same reality or a different one (i.e. how we perceive the visible and invisible [what we imagine] in this universe of ours).

The Qur'an has some interesting points on this matter and there is a good article here: xeniagreekmuslimah.wordpress.com...

It poses a few good examples and food for thought (if not outright evidence) but I wanted to quote some parts if I may:

In 1954, a young Princeton University doctoral candidate named Hugh Everett III came up with a radical idea: That there exist parallel universes, exactly like our universe. These universes are all related to ours; indeed, they branch off from ours, and our universe is branched off of others. Within these parallel universes, our wars have had different outcomes than the ones we know. Species that are extinct in our universe have evolved and adapted in others. In other universes, we humans may have become extinct.

science.howstuffworks.com...

A quote from the Qur'an

*[O Moses! Verily I am Allah, the Lord of the Worlds….]* (Al-Qasas 28:30)
and,
*[..Blessed be Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds.]* (Al-A`raf 7:54)
In all these verses, the expression, “worlds” gives the idea of a plurality of worlds.

According to the Companion Abu Saeed Al-Khudri, Allah has created forty thousand worlds, and the earth and all the creatures on it are only one of those worlds.

Reference: bloom-myfans.blogspot.co.uk...

The post talks about 7 divisions, with 7 sub-divisions, and a further 7 sub-division and so on...All good food for thought whether you are a person of religion or an atheist.

It would be pretty damn ignorant of anyone to look up at the heavens, then look down on this earth and in the depths of the sea and seriously think we are only living (sentient) beings?

The only thing that is hindering us from understanding more is our over inflated egos.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietInsanity

They already have

Well early stages still but it's a good start.

LINK
edit on 15-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
From another member:

From what i understand, and put as simply as i possibly can, they found two 'dark' spots. One above the universe, the other below.

I have a question:
If this is the correct simple interpretation of the situation... how can the "other parallel universe" be affecting this one if it is parallel?

I thought that parallel means "next to" but "separate from" or "having no effect upon"? Like two parallel lines

They do not intersect or overlap and should not at any time. Otherwise they are no longer "parallel." If a permanent manifestation exists of something that is parallel then how can that be (parallel)?

edit on 15-4-2012 by intrptr because: deletion

The parallel universe may or may not be 100% parallel for one thing. And one theory is that the "walls" between parallel universes can be very thin in places. So thin in fact a gateway or door between the two may open. This opening could be on the size of an atom and last only a nanosecond or be large enough and stay open long enough for people or planes or cars or anything else to pass though. It would be a one way trip and it could be sometime before you even knew that anything had happened. From what I have to understand is that the term "parallel universe" refers more to the actions going on in the other parallel universe than a real direction of travel

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

These parallel universes are not accessible from within our universe. You can't get there from here.

Her work says more about the shape and dynamics of our universe due to contact with the other universes at the singularity (I think).

I do not believe that this theory in any way points to an explanation for Astral Projection or other "realms" of reality contactable from this universe.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

The use of the word "multi-verse", is becomming much more common these days, even in the scientific community.

I'ne heard some suggest that we as humans may, go through stages in our existance and pass through to different dimentions (ie. life after death).

If the multi-verse can be proven 100%, it's entierly possible that things like the human soul and Life after death, may be verified.

It's all about perception. We know a pond is full of fish, but we cant actually see the fish in the pond with our limited vision. Sometimes we can if the the conditions are just right. Sometimes we need tools to make the contents of the pond more visible.

Same I believe for the existance of other things beyond our perception.such as ghosts, "yes demons too", rods, and all the other stuff people have glimpsed through the corners of their eyes over the ages.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join