It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Parallel Universes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This here will illustrate what I call the status quo brigade. The status quo brigade in science treats Einstein like the Pope and they don't accept anything even when there's evidence to support it.

Laura Mersini-Houghton came up with a series of predictions that were verified through scientific experiment. These predictions pertain to the early universe and parallel universes. This is science but because she was talking about parallel universes and I think because she was a "she" it was also looked down upon. Here's some of her predictions.

In 2006, Mersini-Houghton with collaborators predicted a series of observational imprints of her theory [4] for the birth of our high energy universe from the multiverse, by using the unitarity principle of quantum mechanics (no information loss). They predicted the existence of a giant void far away of size about 12 degrees in the southern hemisphere of the sky; the 'tilting' of the gravitational potential in the universe, which gives rise to a Dark Flow of structure, caused by superhorizon entanglement of our universe with all else in the multiverse; the suppression of the overall amplitude of inflationary fluctuations due to the same interaction of our Hubble volume with others in the multiverse, etc. A second void was predicted for the northern hemisphere of the sky as reported in the New Scientist.[5]

In 2007, Mersini-Houghton claimed that the observed CMB cold spot was "the unmistakable imprint of another universe beyond the edge of our own",[6] just as she and her collaborator had predicted in her theory 8 months earlier.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's the paper where she predicted this.

Our smoking gun for discriminating this proposal from others with similar CMB and LSS predictions come from correlations between cosmic shear and temperature anisotropies, which here indicate a noninflationary channel of contribution to LSS, with unique ringing features of nonlocal entanglement displayed at structure and substructure scales.

arxiv.org...

She went on to make other predictions.

In Nov. 2008, a NASA team led by Alexander Kashlinsky[8] observed the Dark Flow of galaxy clusters in the universe at exactly the velocity and alignment predicted by her [9] earlier in the 'Cosmological Avatars of the Landscape I, II' papers in 2006.[4]

After the observational confirmation of the three predictions (the Void, Dark Flow and Sigma8) her work continues to attract international media attention, GCHEP/UNC, and Discover magazine, October 2009.

Two astrophysicists reported recently that they have found evidence of the northern hemisphere void in analysis of WMAP data(as she predicted),.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

Again, this should be front page news. It's not because she's talking about Parallel Universes and the status quo brigade can't have any evidence of Parallel Universes. It's also due to the fact that she's a woman. If Stephen Hawking or Dr. Michio Kaku made these predictions, they would make front page news.

Here's Laura Mersini-Houghton's homepage.

www.physics.unc.edu...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've always believed in a parallel universe anyways so I'm no to suprised about this but I'm glad the "Theory" is getting finally getting the recognition it truly deserves. This woman really does deserve to be on the front page of the news.

Star and flag for you OP for bringing it to us.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks OP nice read. I will look forward to reading more of her findings.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

If Stephen Hawking or Dr. Michio Kaku made these predictions, they would make front page news.

This statement is sagacious. Although, if I may, you failed to mention the book deals, statues, commemorations, knighting and nobel awardings.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Entanglement is a really interesting theory. It's one of those topics that, while I have nowhere near the understanding of astrophysics to understand, all of the details seem to make a lot of sense to me. I recently started getting really interested in theoretical physics, and this information fascinates me.

edit on 15-4-2012 by xmaox because: submitted incomplete accidentally

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
As far as certain people idolising Einstein is concerned, I'd urge people to remember, that Einstein was impatient himself, with people who had that sort of attitude towards science.

Einstein also admitted that there were limits to what he knew. He'd probably be a lot more critical of himself if he were still alive, than his cultists are.

The morons who worship science, and the people who actually engage in science, are two different groups of people. Never forget that. The cult (and even the mainstream crowd who still do actual research, in many cases) are always going to have their head up their ass.

Go and read about the people who contributed the most to science; Tesla, Einstein, Antoine Bechamp, (who most people don't even know about) Edison, the Wright brothers, possibly.

They all have one thing in common. In their own time, they were outcasts. The mainstream circle jerk didn't want to know they existed. Edison was ridiculed; when he put on a display of his electric lights, initially nobody from the establishment wanted to go and see it. Same with the Wright brothers and their test flight.
edit on 15-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Funny thing about the truth. It doesn't go anywhere, even if it's called fake, a lie or made up. It will always persist to rear it's head up and offer it's support to one the one telling it. That's why despite her not having been brought into mainstream she just can't be laughed at and not takin seriously. Not to mention as a male I feel we could use more women scientists, not that I know the statistic on female scientists or anything.. anyways my 2 cents s+f and ill be back

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Man i thought the universe was big enough as it is, now there could be an infinite number of them,F*ck meeeeeee. I love all these science discoveries showing how small we really are in an evergrowing Univers's

And for the scientist not being front page come on you cant use that "she a woman" excuse, if she spruced herself up abit I bet she would of been front page.

Food for thought these multiverse's could save our energy crisis in the future.

Just my 2 cents

edit on 15-4-2012 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Laura Mersini-Houghton will have her day, as her major predictions of what would be found and what their confimation portends is very recent in scientific-time years. I'd venture that In the scientific community her name is as prominent as anyone could be. And most public honors, such as Nobel prizes, are awarded for work done many years or even decades previously. Thanks for alerting us to her prominence.

The author Robert Anton Wilson wrote several books with alternative universes as the theme. In one you will be as you are now, in another you're the opposite sex, in still others you have different professions and families. And he based them on the current science and experimential evidence available in the late 20th century. Very good reading.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaox

/X(oo)/X

Dude, that spider crawling up from under the window is one of the creepiest avatars I've seen. It's hard even reading your post with that thing coming up at you. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Except what I said.

edit on 15-4-2012 by Aleister because: spider

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Could it be that the reason this isnt front page news is because n0 one would have a clue what they were reading

I read the quotes from the article you posted 3 times and I still have absolutely no idea what the hell they mean LOL
edit on 15-4-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
She has a good Wikipedia write-up, although her proven theories and prominence could be highlighted better in the lede. She'll get wider credit for her work at some point, and when that occurs it will also educate the public about the meaning and implications of her interesting and important theoretical findings.

And she's so newly prominent that she has yet to have one post on her Wikipedia article's talk page. And no pic of her on the article. With her accomplishments yet so little public notice of her, her star is likely to be on the rise, at least in this universe.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Could it be that the reason this isnt front page news is because n0 one would have a clue what they were reading

I read the quotes from the article you posted 3 times and I still have absolutely no idea what the hell they mean LOL
edit on 15-4-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

I was just about to write the same thing lol is this in English? Can I get an explanation in layman terms, maybe a power point ,or draw me a picture cause the article quoted doesn't help

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think scientists are also researching about parallel universes. Even History Channel include this topic when they talk about the cosmos. Even String Theory predicted parallel universes. This theory is not being hidden. It is actually openly discussed by scientists.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is an interesting topic not just for us but for the whole scientific community since Einstein's prime days. It's just a matter of time until someone would make a machine that can test out for Parallel Universe(s) and Multidimensional planes, but for now everything is just a theories derived from Special math and Quantum Physics. Really amazing isn't it!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Yes Fringe really opened my eyes up to...i never believed in alternate Universes until I finished season 1....j/k cool info...if anyone knows how to get to a alternate universe where their is a pandemic of 10 woman to 1 men ratio please PM me asap...or one where manly men and not metro sexuals are in demand would be nice also.

I have been trying to re-create Stewies time machine but an still missing some architectural details... : )

Sniper

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
People have known for thousands of years the existence of parallel universes: the various heavens and the various levels of hell. Scientists ate only now beginning to understand that what we were saying was correct all along

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm not gonna lie...

I read that first paragraph out loud to my wife because I thought it made me sound very smart. She just stared at me and said, "what the...".

Good thread OP. Brings up a very good point about the scientific status quo...makes a lot of sense. Thanks!!

S&F

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've always been interested with this subject. Does this mean that we potentially have endless copies of ourselves in an infinite number of situations in multiple and parralel universes? Mind=blown!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Just watched Fringe yesterday from Friday's episode and this thread caught my eye. It's really interesting but it's not for sure. So can we know for sure what's out side the universe ? Or maybe this universe is endless
Go figure and check this site that tells you the scale of our universe scaleofuniverse.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join