It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is suicide a human right?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

You didnt create/bring yourself to life.

Even the greatest minds in humanity couldnt say with any certainty that is true or false. Are you now in a position to do so?

NO,

SIMPLE AS THAT.

suicide is no escape that i can assure you

Again, you cannot assure anybody of that, and using the word "insignificant", for the reasons people do take their own lives, proves you have the emotional intelligence of a titmouse.

SIMPLE AS THAT

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

So then please explain that to my four young children who no longer have a father because he thought life was to hard to deal with. They are all under the age of seven, so what could they have done to him at such a young to push him to such an act. Let me answer that for you........NOTHING!!!! At there young age all they know is unconditional love because they have not been tainted by the evil in this world. You are entitled to your opinion but I suggest that you place the blame where the blame goes, the individual themselves.

PLPL

And just to add, not that it matters, I did care for him very much.
edit on 15-4-2012 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
How can it be a right if we don't even know the consequences of death? Until that is answered, how can we really know the rights or wrongs of suicide? Until we know the answer, then suicide is nothing but a stupid risk. Of course people do have the right to take stupid risks as long as they don't endanger others.

While I am on the fence on the concept of suicide itself, what I do consider wrong is doing it in a cowardly or thoughtless way. If you die it effects other people. If you are going to do it, take time to prepare your loved ones and put your affairs in order. Think it out carefully and properly prepare for the consequences others will have to face. Doing it on a whim is an injustice to those you leave behind.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InspirationEverywhere

Your inspiration either comes from being brain-washed, or you are a disinfo agent yourself helping to brain-wash, or both. I really don't know which it is. I am inclined to believe you are brain-washed and think you are too intelligent and too arrogant to know any better. But I could be wrong.

I respect your right to be wrong, and will not overstep it. And realize you won't understand what has been stated, using circular logic to explain away your excuses to condone murder. It has happened all throughout history in all strata of society. If my words lodge somewhere where conscious exists within you or anyone reading, then good. If not, I cannot do anything about it.

The less stars you get on this subject it appears, the saner you are.
edit on 15-4-2012 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

Yes you are right, but there is a difference...
Suicide is intentional.....

PLPL

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
To be completely honest if I wanted to kill myself I should be able to do so. This is my body, my soul, my energy, my spirit, my consciousness, so if I wanted to kill myself I should be able to without being thrown into a padded cell.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
one of the things I liked about movie "soylent green" was that suicide was made pleasant as possible and available to any who wished to partake..Suicide should be up to individual..period..people who stick their noses in what others wish to do need to tend to their own lives...suicide could be a option of relief when one is faced with what they consider too much to handle ( debilitating illness, etc. ) it could be another type of hospice...supporting peoples personal rights instead of interjecting our own desires..
edit on 15-4-2012 by atlasbugged because: one more thing

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice

Originally posted by InspirationEverywhere

My answer is yes. Each person, if they truly want to leave this place, has every and any right to do so.

My question is, what do we consider suicide? Another topic I know, but if I put a gun to my head and pull the trigger, I committed suicide, its very simply suicide and people will agree or disagree with my choices.

If I smoke 80 cigarettes a day for 40 years and die of lung cancer, How can that not be considered suicide?

If I eat unhealthy, fatty foods for years, never exercise and have a heart attack that is directly linked to my eating, How is that not suicide?

So what is the question, Do I have the right to instantly end my life?
or, Do I have the right to slowly, periodically kill myself?

Maybe there are more people committing suicide right now then anyone could ever imagine, We simply dont label it as such.

Thanks for this InspirationEverywhere, this is part of the point I was attempting to make...I agree completely

Inspiration knows what he's saying, and I feel it's true as well. Good words.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon

Suicide is a human shame, another one... Only in certain extreme cases like painful and invaliding diseases or wounds, should it be allowed. Other than that,it is disgraceful and pathetic. I bet humanity is the laughing stock of the whole universe. If some aliens are observing us i bet they are laughing their asses off and probably dying from it because it so much ridiculous. Well if they got a sense of humor and an ass, that is... If not, they dont know what they are missing.

"shame" isn't but a moral qualification, a product of your brain and a such without reality
who are you to list the circumstances in which committing suicide "should be allowed"?

why would it be "pathetic"? Try it one time, you'll find out it takes courage.

fortunately i don't have to deal with aliens and other entities as they don't are a part of the reality i perceive. in the reality i perceive, most people think they are alive while there are solid reasons to doubt that.

i'm about to finish the book I had to write. Once that is done, I'm gone. Work done. No more reason to stay among this bunch of utter morons who prefer to sleep. Or among morons who think it's their moral right to tell others how to sleep their lives.

"Se tuer, c'est montrer à tous, de manière indiscutable, que l'on ne croit pas en Dieu."

quote from Henry Marie Joseph Frédéric Expedite Millon de Montherlant (20 April 1895 – September 21, 1972)

however, a lot of so-called suicides are just pathological cries for attention. This is totally different from a suicide. In the first case the intention is not to die but to find someone else who will take responsibility..In the second case it is a sign of a rational stance and a lot of courage. Now about those in the first example, another quote (you can sing along if you want:

You say there ain't no use in livin'
It's all a waste of time
'n you wanna throw your life away, well
People that's just fine
Go ahead on 'n get it over with then
Find you a bridge 'n take a jump
Just make sure you do it right the first time
'cause nothin's worse than a suicide
Chump

You say there ain't no light a-shinin'
Through the bushes up ahead
'n we're all gonna be so sorry
When we find out you are dead
Go head on and get it over with then
Find you a bridge 'n take a jump
Just make sure you do it right the first Time
'cause nothin's worse than a suicide
Chump

Now maybe you're scared of jumpin'
'n poison makes you sick
'n you want a little attention
'n you need it pretty quick
Don't wanna mess your face up
Or we won't know if it's you
Aw there's just so much to worry about
Now what you gonna do?

Go head on 'n get it over with then

You're on the bridge;
Scared to leap,
But a girl walks over
To take a peep...
She says: "don't do it!"
But wouldn't you know...
The girl got a head
Like a buffalo
With a little red hair
All over the top
An' her breath would make the
Traffic stop
She says "i love you...
But first, let's eat!"
And all you can say as you run down the
Street
Is...

(fz)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
dear op,

in states of depression the mind does contimplate suicide but doesn't act on it i have known two people who have commited suicide. both were good friends i think about it from time to time but always think to myself "it is better to die fighting" you always remember little things about people right before that day of the inevitable, not only their faces, but the way they acted, their favorite hat amongst other details. would i want to change the past? no. they had the capacity, two arms two legs and means in which to end their existence in this planet. i'll never know if i could have interviened. as to suicide as a human right, i say do what you can until the descision within the person can be persuaded to wait until they are on their deathbed. suicide is an individual descision

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

A disinfo agent, that's the first time anyone's ever called me that. Fascinating. And brain washed, Is it brainwashed to believe each and every action deserves to be contemplated on its own unique merits?

You said its wrong, no matter what, which negates from its uniqueness, how can anyone (who claims to be astute, understanding, and in the know on right and wrong), judge a certain scenario without taking into account and allowing for all the variables involved?

How can you be in a position to judge someone half way around the world, who commits suicide, without knowing all the details and actions that lead to it? Considering you have as little info about what happens afterwards anyway. Is your ignorance deliberate?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

As a near death survivor I gleaned a little insight into the nature of our being .
We are Energy ... Conscious Energy existing in multiple dimensional realities concurrently .
We incarnate both voluntarily and as a condition for our ongoing evolution .
It is hard to say what we are here to experience and to contribute to the experience of others .
I believe in free will and that We should be at Liberty to exercise that Free Will .
Don't think for a moment that the negative aspects of life are worthless or without merit .
We learn from and teach others by mere existence in this plane ... but
I do see conditions in which the individual may choose to exercise that option and rightly so .
This should Always be the choice of the individual and Never the State !
There is purpose in everything .

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have often wondered that same thing. Supposedly, life is a gift from whatever creator a person chooses in what religion to believe. If the gift of a life or a soul are given to one, then one should be able to do what he or she wants, without punishment.

Why is the concept of 'Free Will' even presented if suicide is supposed to be a sin!? Then, in life, we're told that we a repeatedly subjected to 'tests' to be sure that our belief system is strong enough keep on the right path.

Why should our faith be continuously affirmed and reaffirmed?

I believe that if live is ours to hold, then we should be able to do with it what we want. Are we allotted a privilege to live or a right. If the general consensus is that we have a right to life, then we should also possess the right to death. Therefore, IMO suicide is a right.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I believe maybe it can be a human right but why commit suicide?If your depressed instead of trying to end your life just try to make a change. It's all in the person's will. If someone really want to change their life then they can all they need is will. Anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Everyone has a right to be wrong. But I would advise against suicide. Thats choosing not to exist. If your heart of hearts is broken or bleeding that means you care. And if you care that much you are one of the few. Revel in that. You are precious because you care so much. Don't look down upon that. Look up at it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by holywar666

...or maybe nothing happens. Blackness. Done. The End. < If this is the case, than ending life early is not only stupid, but benefits TPTB.
edit on 14-4-2012 by holywar666 because: (no reason given)

But for some people the concept of complete annihilation at physical death makes being alive meaningless, so ending life early could make perfect sense - apart from benefiting TPTB of course, lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skepticesque

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

i think those who choose an out in this life will find the next more burdensome

Thank you for your response.

I have a question about your belief regarding that the next life would be more burdensome. Why would that be? Why would a higher power introduce even more pain and suffering to an individual who is in excruciating pain and alleviates it through doing what will inevitably happen to them and everyone else?

Just curious is all, I appreciate all your responses.

When I turned 21 I had a nightmare that was nothing like a nightmare it was so real. I woke up crying and I was in real pain of lose as though my memory had just happened. I had the same "nightmare" 3 nights in a row. I woke crying and telling my husband how I had just lost the man I loved my heart was breaking.

I believe with all my heart I relived a past life experience that occurred when I turned 21 before...during the middle ages. I was a maid, all I did all day was wash linens in a big pot by a shed outside. I was allowed in the house only by a back entrance and straight to a big linen closet and no where else.

I was in love, the young man was foreign to our area and he was owned as a man servant by the top dog land owner in our area, he basically made the laws for everyone. Even though the people who owned the big place I worked at were important also. We were not free to get married or be together and we decided to run away.

That morning early the young man came running from a gully alongside the house and I knew already what was happening. Somehow they had guessed he was going to leave and were after him. I took him upstairs and hid him behind the stuff in the closet. A group of men rode up on horses seconds later, and they found him instantly.

As they took him away, I ran upstairs and into a bedroom where I was never allowed and went to the high window, he was on the back of one of the horses, his hands tied behind his back. he turned and looked back. we both knew he would hang, so I jumped while he could still see, thinking it would be easier for him to die knowing I was already gone.

I loved him more then I have loved anyone in this life, but I feel I am paying for that decision that day. I was born to a family that hated me and never did want me, I have had a really lousy life (can't stand on the second rung of a ladder either) I feel I am to finish this life or we have to do it again harder next time.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Suicide is a human right, it's a right to kill but there are consequences of doing so. Suicide is saying, in a lot of terms, giving up.

Giving up on your life.

Giving up on your loved ones.

Giving up on your beliefs.

And the list will go on and on, saying that your giving up on everything.

But the one that stands out the most is Giving Up on God.

Suicide is a right by nature, but I highly recommend not taking it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
For medical reasons that are physical I say yes, for mental reasons that are treatable I say no sir.
I have seen both and neither one is pretty to see but the medical issues are ugly and then some.
Mental issues can and are fixed but not all I know of some that it is not possible.

Great Thread and a real soul searcher too!
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

I know what you mean man. Been depressed for 15 years. I had days where I could barely make it. Hold on, it gets better sometimes, and the hope alone is worth it.......

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join