It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is suicide a human right?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Perhaps the most insightfull insight ive read on suuisde used as for of bullying / revenge ,,an effect on intended targets /victims...Suiside can sometimes bee used as an ultimate for of vengace,Theres an utitamte narrssisistic ego that revels in the despair they will feel.People they feel have slighted them. ..Its a case they will misss me when Im gone..The ultimate in selfisssssssshnes you know like a child takes his ball away so the others can no longer play... futuretom.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

A human should never kill themselves unless they are tortured physically or mentally then that person may wish to end their own life. That does not make it right simply necessary. In all situations I consider it to be wrong but if someone wants to kill themself then nobody can stop them eventually they will succeed.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Skepticesque

You can't take your life and you are not allowed health care. None of these are human rights.
You are legally obligated to prolong and endure unimaginable suffering as a tribute to anothers determination, and misguided ethics. It is like a cruel joke. Self determination is not a guarantee. You are a subject. And you are subject to the whims of the masters of your destiny. In a true Republic, my health and welfare as well as my right to die would be fiercely protected. We are so far from free.

Heck of a thing to do though, just to prove a point!

We are already free, as created beings sharing in an eternal experience of life, no rights CAN be granted to us or taken away, that too, like suicide is an absurd presumption, that the current social-matrix in all of it's forms holds us captive in its reality as OUR reality.

Better to live in a new reality of my own creation more in alignment with the truth, than to give over those rights in the first place, and replace one world with another, that's the more powerful choice, as an expression of the power of freedom.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You are a bonded slave so really it is not your right to destroy government property.

This put a smile on my face in a very confronting thread for me, thank you

I've assisted suicide with both my parents who were eaten alive by cancer. Im 30 years old now and suffering from heavy depressions, amnesia, a borderline personality disorder and pretty nasty financial problems. Nothing can go right in my life and even though i've always had the opinion that suicide is cowardly and selfish, i do think it's our right to do so. The problem is that im starting to think about it more and more myself.. (and tried once, but failed, can't even get THAT right lol)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Suicide is a human right, it is as much as a right as choosing what food we indulge in.

However, just because its a human right does not mean it is a good option. Its like a parent saying "I have the right to feed my kids" and feeding them macdonalds and other junk. You have the right to feed your children but that is not the right thing to do.

I understand why people can be pushed to suicide and what makes people feel like they are without option and I am sure there are many people reading this threat who are close to the edge. Suicide defeats the purpose of life, your here to learn. Push through your mistakes and your past, allow yourself to crash.Thus giving you a new slate so you may rebuild yourself into the person you invision yourself to be.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Suicide is a natural response to this insane world we live in. The insanity though is not of the world. The insanity is in the mind of people.
The world will not make you want to commit suicide, it is the thoughts of the world and of 'yourself' that drive you mad enough to end it all.
The thought that does it is 'I cannot live with myself anymore'.
So one of those two has to die so you can live in peace.

What if you don't have to live with 'yourself'? What if you could just live?
edit on 16-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

You are looking for an escape from the suffering that you feel. Suicide is quite tempting when life feels bad. Life feels bad because we are resisting it, always trying to escape, looking for a way out. All the effort to escape makes life painful.
Please check out Eckhart Tolle who also was suffering from depression and anxiety and one day he (again) contemplated suicide, he heard the thought - 'I cannot live with myself anymore' and then thought so how many of me are there, there is an I that cannot live with itself - that makes two, but there is only one of me. The next day he woke with no depression and no anxiety and then spent years trying to find out what had happened to him. He has written books and speaks of his finding.
Here is one of his beautiful video clips:
youtu.be...

I promise you that he does know the way to the end of mind made suffering.
edit on 16-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Suicide is a human right.

If they made it easier it would be less messy. Too bad people are forced to choose messy methods that have such a high risk of failure...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ZionSmasher

Maybe it's not easy for a reason. Life wants to live.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
If there is such thing as free will, it's a right like any other IMO.
If one wants to end their own life..Who am I to stop them? I'll admit, i've been in the position several times in my life to where I've talked suicidal person out of it. and Admittedly, one person succeeded in ending his life, after I left my place of employment. Ironically He took his life at the same time I normally talked to him on my shift(3rd), whenever he wanted to vent...

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Are you a counceller/therapist?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

No one is pushing it, but others are saying it is not a right for people to do with their life as they choose. Sorry, didn't mean to come off as hostile, but I believe that people should be allowed do whatever they will with their lives. Without harming others of course.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

It depends what you mean by "without harming others". Does that refer only to physical harm? When a person takes their life, it can severely emotionally harm those left behind (non-Euthanasia cases). Therefore, technically, the act of ending their own life does harm others.

Does the fact that committing suicide harms others psychologically challenge the idea that committing suicide is a human right?
edit on 16/4/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Life is a gift from god. You have no right to end it. It is a solution for cowards. It is wrong but you will be forgiven.
Endure to the end and you will be worthy
edit on 16-4-2012 by redneck13 because: i dont know

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
No it is not a right. Your body is not actually yours. You played no part whatsoever in creating it. A similar argument would be that is it a right for a person to enter a rental car into the demolotion derby. In both cases, you are simply the steward of the object, not the real owner. Im sure some of you are banging your heads on the keyboard and raging because you know who the rightful owner of your bodies is, but you refuse to submit.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I was implying hurting others physically. Anytime someone dies, whether they did it to themselves or not, causes pain and suffering. Many times people die before they should, and those left behind are forced to grieve and move on. What I am trying to say is that death is a tragedy no matter how it occurred. A person dying of a heart attack or someone committing suicide are both sad. I would like to propose a question though. Would you rather someone live out 50 years of misery, or put an end to it?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
Life is a gift from god. You have no right to end it. It is a solution for cowards. It is wrong but you will be forgiven.
Endure to the end and you will be worthy
edit on 16-4-2012 by redneck13 because: i dont know

I would like to point out that I believe putting a gun to your head and actually pulling the trigger takes more courage than you could imagine. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Continuing with your life when you are so desperate to end it take more courage. Put the gun to your head it is all over. Living on through your pain and desperation is indeed more difficult.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
i heard theres a state somewhere, that if caught attempting suicide, you get the death penalty? more than likely b.s i know, but there are some crazy laws out there XD

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It is always the darkest before the dawn

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join