It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Awesome Obituary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

A Celebration of the life of Michael "Flathead" Blanchard will be held on April 14th, 3 pm 8160 Rosemary St, Commerce City. Weary of reading obituaries noting someone's courageous battle with death, Mike wanted it known that he died as a result of being stubborn, refusing to follow doctors' orders and raising hell for more than six decades. He enjoyed booze, guns, cars and younger women until the day he died.

He sounds like some people I know... I think sometimes it may be better to forego all the normal nonsense of a funeral, and just remember the fun you had with the person you lost. It sounds like the funeral will be one to see...

So many of his childhood friends that weren't killed in Vietnam went on to become criminals, prostitutes and/or Democrats. He asks that you stop by and re-tell the stories he can no longer tell. As the Celebration will contain Adult material we respectfully ask that no children under 18 attend.

The Democrat line and the no children under 18 really got me laughing. Hop on over to the link to read the whole thing, it's fun. He reminds me of a T-Shirt I saw when I was 10 that my parents wouldn't let me buy. 'Fast food, Cars and Women. I love 'em all.' I suppose I did't get the 'fast women' reference. Sounds like a fun guy and all the best to his family and friends. Jesus is probably giving him a pep talk.

Link

Oh and originally found via Gawker but the readership and comments there irritate me.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
That is the way it should be. Live life on ones own terms, die on ones own terms, and be proud of it.

Crazy that this had a "pick me up" effect for me.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

It had the same effect on me as well for some reason. Just sort of comforting to know I'm not the only one that enjoys certain things, and that he went out with a smile. Gave his family and friends one too I'd think.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I had posted this in another thread previously but it also relevant here;

From the documentary "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia";

Narrator - "At your funeral, what do you want people to do?"
Mamie White - "Party their balls off, blow pot in my face and snort pills on my head, f**kin' rock and roll baby!"

after a short musical montage;

Narrator - "Do you think life is a good thing or a bad thing?"
Mamie White - "I ain't never seen it be f**king good ....come into this world with nothing, I guess I'll die with nothing...at least the world knows who the f**k we are!"

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

I watched that. Just can't remember where. Netflix? I was both amused and horrified (and possibly a little drunk). Just remember thinking I was glad not to live anywhere neat them.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's a crazy documentary about a crazy family;

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia: Shoot-outs, robberies, gas-huffing , drug dealing, pill popping, murders, and tap dancing - what do these all have in common? These are just a few of the parts of being a member of the Wild and Wonderful White Family. The legendary family is as known for their wild, excessive criminal ways as they are for their famous mountain dancing members, including Jesco White, the star of the cult classic documentary "Dancing Outlaw." Exploring both the comic and tragic sides of life on the other side of the law, this stylish, fast-paced family portrait exposes the powerful forces of corruption, poverty, and West Virginia's environmentally and culturally devastating coal mining culture that helped shape the White family, a dying breed of outlaws preserving a dying form of dance

Here's a link to the film for anyone interested in seeing it: www.1channel.ch...

Here's a link to the "Dancing Outlaw" documentary; www.youtube.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I laughed and felt it inside. something I can't explain, like a gift he left us all behind, that's awesome.
my funeral better have bands playing, my fav video games playing on giant screens, go-karting/laser tag and all that.
bunch of 70 years being young again, if I make it that far, i'm beginning to have my doubts though, I think I might get electrocuted or murdered honestly.

who wants to be remembered in some solemn ceremony where everyone is crying and that's all they'll remember about you lol..

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Haha I love it!

He sounds like he really enjoyed his life and didn't care what anyone else thought. Good for him!

I think that you should live your life how you want and not how others want you to.

top topics

join