It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

64 year old man tased in his own home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Many apologies if this is old news. I didn't see it pop up in a search.

I almost cried watching this. This man didn't do anything but call the paramedics to get help for his injury. He has a heart condition and was still treated like crap. This is the absolute lowest I have seen the cops go so far, and I have seen some really low police tactics. There's a reason why I lack respect for all cops until they prove themselves worthy.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

This man didn't do anything but call the paramedics to get help for his injury. He has a heart condition and was still treated like crap.

Well I'm at 1:38 and the man apparently threatened to commit suicide. If he did, you'd be pissed he wasn't taken into custody. Probably more pissed if he was out of his mind and went on a drunken shooting spree. I'm assuming he was drunk. Still watching but I will probably end up agreeing the Tazer was too much.

Want to add that this would have been a good time for the cop to employ some verbal judo. I would have liked to have seen what happened before the Tazer came out. If it's just a crutch it's not good.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If this guy was being beligerent to the people that were there to help him, I would think that the police were unable to restrain him safely given the state he was in.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To pull a taser on a man with heart problems is weak. They could have called in reinforcements before tasing him, not after.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Actually it looks like there were at least two cops. Also that was a bit ridiculous. He was an old frail man, clearly unarmed. I'm very pro Tazer in a lot of cases but to me that was just using a crutch. Any decent cop would have just thrown him down. The fact that they were all warning he had a heart problem also bothered me. Change tactics. If he was armed, or huge/young and drugged out I would understand the Tazer.

I also got pissed with the stop resisting. Dude, put down the Tazer, grab his other arm and you're done.

This actually made me sad too. More that the guy had medical problems and didn't want to go to the hospital because he couldn't afford it.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
K I just went to the part where they start tazing him for kicking at the cop (@ 10:14) while he's handcuffed, lying on his back. That was B.S. and I got mad. Real mad. I thought this was going to be another crappy 'I hate cops' thread but honestly this one gets me. He's an old man, clearly intoxicated, frail and no threat.
edit on 14-4-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Typical behavior for the majority of law enforcement that I have had the privilege of running in to. It seems to me that the elderly man was clearly in need of help, perhaps handling it in an inappropriate way.. but in need of help nonetheless.

What ever happened to 'Protect and Serve'? More like 'Harm and Harass'.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This one actually happened a little bit ago so there is a bit of story on it.

This article gives a fairly decent write up on it and is almost always the case Marin sheriff defends use of Taser on 64-year-old.

Seriously, how many times have you heard law enforcement admit - "We went a little over the line there..."?

Anyway Peter Mcfarln didn't see it that way. Since nothing was going to happen to the officer and since he was - Tased in His Own House: California Man Sues Police

Apparently the county got a little concerned the jury might no see things they way the officers did so Marin settles Taser-shock suit for $1.9 million

A horrible experience. However he lived through it and is now wiser and richer and hopefully the local officers are less quick on the taser trigger.

edit on 14-4-2012 by Frogs because: typos

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't normally just rant about how I hate cops unless someone brings up a clear instance of brutality.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I don't normally just rant about how I hate cops unless someone brings up a clear instance of brutality.

Well good, and you certainly seem to have posted a pretty cut and dry case. I'm generally very pro cop, but I'll call out a bad one if I see one. That was a bad one. There definitely should have been some disciplinary action, at least make the cop go through Tazer training again. He seems to have forgotten what it feels like. I don't know if I chalk it up to laziness, a mean streak, or what. I just know it made me mad watching this.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm pro cops who know how to be stern with their words and use little force as possible. I hate lazy cops and think they should suffer what they have inflicted due to their laziness. It's not right.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I also got pissed with the stop resisting. Dude, put down the Tazer, grab his other arm and you're done.

I can't remember the last video with police brutality I saw, when one of the cops there wasn't saying, "stop resisting," as they continued bashing the person in question, or whatever.

Domo, I understand that, because you yourself are presumably a decent human being, you perhaps have difficulty understanding how someone else might not be. I've been seeing far too many of these videos recently however, and I'm honestly not inclined to view the police as anything other than psychopathic Mooks at this point.

new topics

top topics

join