It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Arnold Schwarzenegger run for POTUS in New Jersey.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
According to the Administrative hearings in New Jersey, a person does not need to know if someone else put them on the Presidential Ballot. Now I could be wrong, but listen to this hearing regarding if B.O.'s qualified, to be on the NJ Presidential Ballot. NJ law, according to the judge, states that all a person has to do is fill out a certified piece of paper stating that they meet the qualifying requirements. No photo ID, no B.C., no driver's license, no nothing.

Go to 34:10

If this is the case, then does NJ ignores the Federal 12th and 14th Amendment,
" The Twelfth Amendment states that, "No person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." The Fourteenth Amendment does not use the phrase natural-born citizen. It does provide that "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. "
as well as Section 1 of Article Two of the United States Constitution sets forth the eligibility requirements for serving as president of the United States:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
Does this then mean, the Electoral College have the responsibility to reject, any States votes that disregard the 14th Amendment.
Here is a site that has received responses from individual States.
saveourrights.wikia.com...
I will post a few of the States that have the highest Electoral College votes.

California
Dear XXX:
Thank you for contacting the Secretary of State with your question about the Secretary of State’s responsibility regarding the authenticity of a presidential candidate’s birth certificate.
While the Secretary of State certifies candidates for the ballot, each political party is responsible for nominating the candidate they wish to place on the ballot.

Texas
This question is outside the purview of the Office of the Secretary of State. We have no documents that are responsive to your request. We regret that we cannot be of assistance.
Elections Division
Office of the Texas Secretary of State
All party candidates including candidates for the presidential primary attest to their eligibility to run for the office by filing sworn statements as part of the application process. These statements are filed with the political party chairs who ultimately certify the candidates for placement on the ballot. You may wish to direct your question to the political parties.

Florida
Mr. XXX:
Thank you for inquiring about the determination of a candidate's eligibility to run for President of United States. The Florida Department of State does not have investigative or enforcement authority to ensure that major partiesʼ Presidential candidates are properly qualified to be President of the United States. The U.S. Constitution establishes the qualifying requirements for President. Under Florida law, the way in which a major party's candidate is placed on the ballot is that the state executive committee of each political party submits its slate of presidential electors for its candidate before September 1st of each presidential election year; then, by law, the names of candidates are printed on the ballot. Those candidates are not required to provide any documents to the State that they meet the qualifications for office.

Very well then, Arnold Schwarzenegger for POTUS
edit on 14-4-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

As a resident of Los Angeles, I gotta tell you Arnold Schwartzenegger, was the worst thing to happen to us out here. He caused more damage than the guy before him Gray Davis.

Every since Schwartzenegger....

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Well no, in most states (if not all, so far as I am aware of) there was never a require of presidential candidates to produce birth certificates to demonstrate their eligibility. There are a number of obvious reasons why this might be:

1. The vetting and eligibility of the president or presidential candidate is left up to that of congress, confirmed by the electoral college on December 15th. The supreme court may also rule on this matter.

2. Individual states can't verify the authenticity of birth certificates from other States, unless that birth certificate is from that State. New Jersey will not be constitutionally able to refuse an Hawaiian birth certificate because of the full faith and credit clause.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Well no, in most states (if not all, so far as I am aware of) there was never a require of presidential candidates to produce birth certificates to demonstrate their eligibility. There are a number of obvious reasons why this might be:

1. The vetting and eligibility of the president or presidential candidate is left up to that of congress, confirmed by the electoral college on December 15th. The supreme court may also rule on this matter.
2. Individual states can't verify the authenticity of birth certificates from other States, unless that birth certificate is from that State. New Jersey will not be constitutionally able to refuse an Hawaiian birth certificate because of the full faith and credit clause.

I agree, the Supreme Court should rule on this matter.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

As a resident of Los Angeles, I gotta tell you Arnold Schwartzenegger, was the worst thing to happen to us out here. He caused more damage than the guy before him Gray Davis.

Every since Schwartzenegger....

I only like Arnold in the movies. What i was doing was making a point.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
TONGUE IN CHEEK REPARTE:

Is what is being bandied about is that if Kim Jong Un submitted forged paperwork to back up his claim to American citizenship would he then be accepted as a legitimate presidential candidate? I am positive his country could come up with better forgeries than Obama.

I think Vladimir Putin or Kaffi Annan would make excellent American presidents - don't you?

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by garygnu
TONGUE IN CHEEK REPARTE:

Is what is being bandied about is that if Kim Jong Un submitted forged paperwork to back up his claim to American citizenship would he then be accepted as a legitimate presidential candidate? I am positive his country could come up with better forgeries than Obama.

I think Vladimir Putin or Kaffi Annan would make excellent American presidents - don't you?

Oui, your riposte is well appreciated

According to how the laws are written, yes they could.
Thank you for reading my thread.
*4U

new topics

top topics

join